• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Know disc prices

You guys should try to be a disc golf retailer before talking hard on the subject. Making a few dollars on a rather specifically sought after item seems weird and with the amount of competing sellers who don't have a true business its killed ROI on bulk purchases for many larger retailers. The .25 cents to a dollar break on units for larger volume doesn't make up for people who undercut the MRSP hard and then lose $ on shipping.

Who's talking hard? Nobody is saying they don't have a right to charge what they charge. I am just saying thathatThas way better pricing, selection, and everything

Two weeks ago I traded two beat to death DX discs at PIAS for an almost new Star Archon that still had the sticker on the rim. The girl behind the counter had no idea what I was trading in, just said $2.50 a disc. Who knows, she may have priced the Archon too.

It's not my job to inform the seller, it's not the sellers job to inform me.

I've paid a few bucks too much for a disc on impulse or because it was exactly what I wanted. There is something to say for being able to feel a disc, get the right dome, weight, color and plastic.

I've also saved a few bucks on discs I mail ordered and ended up not like them because I couldn't feel them. Had I been able to sample before I bought, I never would have purchased them.

Six of one, half dozen another.

The worst I have seen though is a place selling MVP for $22-$25 a disc! sorry, not doing that, no mater what the impulse.

i didn't want to compare online vs local and how bad gggt is. I just want new guys to be aware of grades of plastic and there value. I see it to often in my town kids are paying 20 bucks for champion at dicks when there is a brick and mortar shop down the road that charges internet prices.

i didn't want to compare online vs local and how bad gggt is. I just want new guys to be aware of grades of plastic and there value. I see it to often in my town kids are paying 20 bucks for champion at dicks when there is a brick and mortar shop down the road that charges internet prices.
The people who know about this forum know in general that places like Dick's aren't very good. The people who shop at Dick's in general don't know about this forum.

The people who know about this forum know in general that places like Dick's aren't very good. The people who shop at Dick's in general don't know about this forum.

I'd add that anyone newish to the game who happens to find their way on to this site is also likely to "happen" on any number of online vendors with superior pricing to places like Dicks as well.

Two weeks ago I traded two beat to death DX discs at PIAS for an almost new Star Archon that still had the sticker on the rim. The girl behind the counter had no idea what I was trading in, just said $2.50 a disc. Who knows, she may have priced the Archon too.

It's not my job to inform the seller, it's not the sellers job to inform me.

I've paid a few bucks too much for a disc on impulse or because it was exactly what I wanted. There is something to say for being able to feel a disc, get the right dome, weight, color and plastic.

I've also saved a few bucks on discs I mail ordered and ended up not like them because I couldn't feel them. Had I been able to sample before I bought, I never would have purchased them.

Six of one, half dozen another.

The worst I have seen though is a place selling MVP for $22-$25 a disc! sorry, not doing that, no matter what the impulse.

I see what you did there...

Amazon is the same kind of thing except their prices fluctuate, and no color choice.
dx roc 9.50 consistenly huh??
x avenger 8.50
esp pulse 7.50
nova 8.75
Im always checking up to see if anything im interested in is below 9-10 bucks

The Dick's around me aren't bad at all. $9.99 DX, 15.75 for champ and $17.50 for Star. In a pinch, Dick's is fine by me. Granted, you can get them cheaper online, but those prices are the same as PIAS and a few other places catering more towards Disc golfers in the area.

I have bought from a lot of people but I rarely overpay. I carry some Trillogy since they make good meat hooks and two of them I got for less that $10 on PIAS trips and they were basically new. The other is an Opto Stilletto I got at GGGT on my last trip north. I paid too much at $15 for it but I wanted to feel it first and they have me some free minis and scorecards for making the trip.

Lots of these high prices sound like what we have to pay in Canada every time. And I'm sure in some other countries the prices are significantly worse.

The Dick's around me aren't bad at all. $9.99 DX, 15.75 for champ and $17.50 for Star. In a pinch, Dick's is fine by me. Granted, you can get them cheaper online, but those prices are the same as PIAS and a few other places catering more towards Disc golfers in the area.

Yeah my Dicks is $10 for DX, $15 for champ, and $16 for Star, so not that bad. I'll pick up discs there sometimes when I'm in a pinch or if one I feel up fits what I like.

gggt is a big old brick and mortar flaming pile of ****.

HAHAHA You must work for them. When I first went there, I was snubbed and felt rather weird walking around the shop when all the workers were busy packing and unpacking tons of discs. After the second time there I was introduced to their rewards plan and then one of the guys helped me with what I was looking for. From then on, I have met some of the people who work there in one of my leagues and have played with others.
All in all, I have had a good experience there.
The waythey have their place set up is very strange if your looking around. I will say theyhave a huge X- out area that has nice plastic for good prices.
Yes elmex they do supply to most all dg shops in the area. So if you can get what you want closer, good for you.

HAHAHA You must work for them. When I first went there, I was snubbed and felt rather weird walking around the shop when all the workers were busy packing and unpacking tons of discs. After the second time there I was introduced to their rewards plan and then one of the guys helped me with what I was looking for. From then on, I have met some of the people who work there in one of my leagues and have played with others.
All in all, I have had a good experience there.
The waythey have their place set up is very strange if your looking around. I will say theyhave a huge X- out area that has nice plastic for good prices.
Yes elmex they do supply to most all dg shops in the area. So if you can get what you want closer, good for you.

Oh no I meant to say it in how big they are. I probably have purchased around 5 or less discs this year in person. There x out is amazing especially for discraft throwers. There set up is kind of weird to shop around in, and it seems like its not survellienced in there. But I have seen 2 teenagers get arrested for stealing while I've been there. The discs are dirt cheap to begin with, why would you steal there? But then again its about the thrill of being a ****head and not so much the money factor so I get it.

But anyways, if your tryna feel up plastic you better bring some kleenex when you go there.

I had a post on reddit a few years ago. and maybe on here too. im not going to dip it up cuz i should be doing homework.

few years ago scheels in mankato mn had discraft x for like 10, fair price. pro d was $8. fair right? found a d buzz for $20 in there and i told the manager and he said it was heavier than the X so your getting more disc so its more money. hahahaha. tried to tell him what really was going on, and he was convinced, so i gave him the discs and walked away laughing and shaking my head.

recently, scheels had champ for like $20. tye dye champ for like 23 last time i was in there, st cloud mn location. i about **** myself.

This might not be the case in your situation, but the one in town here resorted to writing the prices on the discs. People were taking stickers from lower grade plastic and sticking them on champ etc. since the people working the tills are clueless about DG. You may have just run into a D with an ESP price tag on it.

Either way Scheels has the worst prices for discs I have ever seen.

This might not be the case in your situation, but the one in town here resorted to writing the prices on the discs. People were taking stickers from lower grade plastic and sticking them on champ etc. since the people working the tills are clueless about DG. You may have just run into a D with an ESP price tag on it.

Either way Scheels has the worst prices for discs I have ever seen.

they ink up the discs here too. probably a corporate thing. the sticker said pro d or something on it. cant remember the exacts but it wasnt a sticker swap.

yeah their prices are sky high. i did however score some ait boots from their clearance section for like $20 or 30

Latest posts