• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Know disc prices

The Dick's around me aren't bad at all. ... are the same as PIAS .

All the dicks around me are Pains In The A**. Oh, never mind.

Anyway, discgolfwholesale. Lowest prices I've paid. the catch: $500.00 minimum first time order. No color selection and weight selection is by range, i.e. 160 - 165 grams.

Anyway, discgolfwholesale. Lowest prices I've paid. the catch: $500.00 minimum first time order. No color selection and weight selection is by range, i.e. 160 - 165 grams.

can i get all dx archangels?

that's interesting; i actually went and looked at that. unfortunately since i throw mostly innova it's kinda . . . meh. was hoping they would offer more than just 165-169, 173-176 weight brackets. they really should throw a 169-172 in there, that's my sweet spot.

anyway . . . i thought that was cool.

Taken out of context, this comment makes me laugh...

All the dicks around me are Pains In The A**.

In all seriousness I've found some retailers that will mark up a disc based on the stamp. A specific example: custom stamps cost more, so buying one with a particular graphic will be a few dollars more than the same mold and plastic with a stock stamp. Buyers beware!

In all seriousness I've found some retailers that will mark up a disc based on the stamp. A specific example: custom stamps cost more, so buying one with a particular graphic will be a few dollars more than the same mold and plastic with a stock stamp. Buyers beware!

Sooooooooo....they are doing the same thing that collectors on here are doing?

8Ccf3.png

Went to a pias and they had some discs that were so warped and wavy, they looked like if they had been in an oven then wadded up a bit. The stamps were also peeling off (not that the stamp helps it fly just saying) and they were selling them as new. They were worthless even if they were giving them away, that's how warped they were.

Gold Line at $17 is really pretty standard pricing

it's pretty funny because if you go ask people if they'd pay 20$ a disc (just about MSRP for more than one retailer plastic at this point) they tell you you're crazy.

but then you put them in the retail store, right?

with all that swirly/pearly/lavashift goodness. and you get this guy:

the-colors-duke.gif

even though the plastic really isn't all that fantastic, IMO. crap happens, shop at MST if you wanna pay over 50$. community is good too, hazardiscs, etc. go to the local store if you're cherrypicking for plh or super great colors and that's about it. anything else is a waste IMO.

i'm just saying prices are dumb, i'm not too bent outta shape about it. i'm just glad champ and star aren't as good as all the other premo plastics. ;)

So, for the new guys, trying to get in to disc golf is there a resource listed somewhere that may list a ballpark figure? More specifically, I'm looking at buying some used discs this week, a challenger, buzz, and comet and maybe a surge. I've seen prices anywhere from $7-$15 for any of these discs online, any idea what would be a decent used price at a local shop?

So, for the new guys, trying to get in to disc golf is there a resource listed somewhere that may list a ballpark figure? More specifically, I'm looking at buying some used discs this week, a challenger, buzz, and comet and maybe a surge. I've seen prices anywhere from $7-$15 for any of these discs online, any idea what would be a decent used price at a local shop?

yeah dog if your buying used for all those. say buzz comet and surge in z plastic i wouldnt pay more than 7-8. challenger def no more than 5.

this is directed toward new players. today I was out of town and I stopped in a well know used sport store that sales disc. I found some nice Swedish and Finnish plastic but the prices were way wrong. they had lucid at 14.99 fusion at 16.99 and bio fusion at 18.99. when I told the store manager that they had the wrong prices on the bio fusion, she got real defensive and explained to me how biofuzion was the most expensive plastic by dd. .when I ask the store manager if they were going to adjust their prices she said they would look into it.

point of the story is know disc prices. you can find good disc for cheap and avoid being ripped off.

i walked out of there with a new westside tarsus in tournament plastic for $10.18 . go figure

I sometimes wonder if disc golf attracts some players that got fed up with the ridiculous pricing structure of Tetherball.

I was having a discussion last night about this. In the grand scheme of how much we spend for DG, is a buck or two a disc really a big deal?

For instance, this Sunday, I'll probably spend around $15 for gas, another $15 for food/beer, and not bat an eye. Most DG'ers don't even think about that, but will haggle their asses off for a saved dollar on a disc. It's like buying gas...people will drive halfway across town to save 3 cents/gallon (which saves you about 50 cents a tank), but don't do the same for groceries, which most families spend a ton more on.

Let's bring it to another spectrum. People get ALL crazy about "collector's discs" and will sit on a disc, HOPING that it goes up another 5 bucks in value. Is it really that big of a deal? Simple answer...not really, at least if you have any semblance of a decent job. Seems pretty dumb when you factor in all the other stuff we spend on for DG.

The different prices you're seeing online (I'd assume for new discs) have to do with the different lines of plastic, not the specific mold of discs. Obviously, used discs should be cheaper than their new counterparts. How much cheaper should depend on how used. Some shops don't make any distinction.

I was having a discussion last night about this. In the grand scheme of how much we spend for DG, is a buck or two a disc really a big deal?

For instance, this Sunday, I'll probably spend around $15 for gas, another $15 for food/beer, and not bat an eye. Most DG'ers don't even think about that, but will haggle their asses off for a saved dollar on a disc. It's like buying gas...people will drive halfway across town to save 3 cents/gallon (which saves you about 50 cents a tank), but don't do the same for groceries, which most families spend a ton more on.

Let's bring it to another spectrum. People get ALL crazy about "collector's discs" and will sit on a disc, HOPING that it goes up another 5 bucks in value. Is it really that big of a deal? Simple answer...not really, at least if you have any semblance of a decent job. Seems pretty dumb when you factor in all the other stuff we spend on for DG.

Agreed. I don't even look at the price tag when I buy discs in the store. My local store tends to be priced a bit on the higher end, but I like being able to walk in, grab discs off the shelf and go right out and throw them. I don't even think about the fact that I can save a couple bucks by ordering online.

Very rarely when I buy in a store, do I walk out with more than 1-2 discs, so the actual dollars lost aren't that significant. Very rarely when I buy online, do I purchase fewer than 5 discs so I can get over the free shipping line or take advantage of other discounts that vendor may offer.

I justify this as figuring all the times that I've saved money, allows me to "overpay" when I come across something I gotta have.

I've been to that Scheel's in St. Cloud, and as much as I wanted to get some plastic, I couldn't bring myself to pay those prices when I have a local proshop that sells discs for less than Wal-mart, basically online prices.