• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KY State Doubles- Idlewild 9/14-9/15

goosefraba1

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
The Nati Disc Golf Presents:
2013 Kentucky State Doubles Championship
at IDLEWILD
AMS - Saturday September 14
PROS - Sunday September 15

Anybody else going to this?

KY Dubs

I will be there on 9/14 - AM day of course. I always have a great time at this tourney, 2 rounds at Idlewild just beats me down. Think this is my 8th year playing? maybe 9

I wish that I could make it both days... but I have exams that week and can only really give one day up from my study time. Pretty excited either way, though. Idlewild always whoops my butt, but after playing Armco Blue and White last week, at least there isn't quite as much hiking involved. Those Ashland courses are no joke.

3rd year for me love this tourney and goose i played armco a couple months ago def a hike but so worth it.

Yep... the Armco courses don't get enough love. I think it is because they are on the very eastern most part of the state. If Armco Blue was in the central region of the state, it would likely be in the top 25 courses on dgcr IMO. It is the second most difficult course that I have played, with Idlewild being the most difficult.

I totally agree goose its a long ways from a lot of courses besides rotary and if it was more central to more course it would be alot higher it is in my top 5

I might be playing KY Doubles but won't be sure for another week. I also agree on Armco - Blue is a beast that exhausts you physically & White from longs has some crazy lines to get in your head. Love the courses up there.

I hope that Chainchaser1 (Youtube user name) is there again this year. He posted some nice videos of the 2011 tourney. Here's a link to one of them.

Amateur day looks like it's getting full. Can't wait for this tourney. It will be my first of the year and after a long year of not being able to play I can't wait for the butt whipping that is idlewild

Latest posts