• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LA area players

NoHo is close to the following courses:

Oak Grove
Sylmar
Chavez Ridge

Of course there are other courses but those are the closest and three of the best. whats your schedule? When can you play? I can probably meet you for OG anytime this week. let us know your schedule and i'm sure someone can meet up with you and guide!

Need to practice for the Sylmar Open, could be up for a round or 2 during the week.
Let me know if you Dudes are heading out.

I may end up with the next two days off if you want a tag along.

Ha! Just landed...not about to pay $8 for wifi.

Thanks for the offers guys! I need to figure out when I can borrow a car, but it'd be fun to meet up. I've played sylmar, so I'd rather see a different course this time, especially since this is the last time I'll be in LA for a really long time.

I'll sort out the car situation by tonight and get back to you.

Thanks again!

I guess I forgot about Verdugo.

What kind of courses do you like to play?
Have you ever played OG? If not you should. I can move some pins around and make a fun yet challenging layout.

Favorite courses require shaping lines. I don't have a huge arm, so huge distance isn't a big deal for me.

Chavez ridge plays is on a mountain, small layout but still very
Challenging to land and not roll!

Also has nice scenery of dodger stadium and skyscraper.

Have fun

OK, this is what I'm thinking. I can borrow a car tomorrow morning, and I'm aiming for a pretty early round at OG...maybe 8? Does it get crowded on weekday mornings? Should I aim earlier? Does that time work for others?
I'll probably be looking to play on Friday as well, especially since OG doesn't look like it will kill my shoulder. I'm staying at the in-laws, so any excuse to get out of the house :)

Wouldn't mind playing Sylmar again or checking out Chavez. I didn't bring my whole bag, but I should have what I need for those.

Last edited:
OG tomorrow at 8 sounds good. I may be able to round up some locals. I'll try to move some baskets this afternoon to keep it fun and interesting.
PM me your cell #

-snappy/chris

I played Sylmar yesterday with just a River, teebird, Roc3 and two puttrrs and i was fine. I have an average arm and i'm fine playing OG with some teebirds, some QJLS, some Ghosts , a stingray and a bunch of putters.
Chavez is all about touch and placement. maybe one or two versatile drivers are needed.

Favorite courses require shaping lines. I don't have a huge arm, so huge distance isn't a big deal for me.

Sounds like OG would be the place for you.
Have 7:45 dentist in morning, but will head there after. Getting there between 9-9:30 I hope.
I'll walk around on a Snappy Search and try to join in.

how long will it take me to get from north hollywood to OG for an 8 am start? roughly?
I was planning to leave around 7 to be safe.

Latest posts