• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lack of integrity maybe?

I've never witnessed an infraction called and had it not be awkward or confrontational.

Maybe its because everyone as a whole is trying to avoid the entire situation like it never happened and no one wants to be "that guy".

I think that if the rule were that if you foot fault, the putt stands as is at first with no penalty except for a warning, and then every time thereafter that you foot fault, you are given a 1 stroke penalty and the putt continues to stand as is. This would then remove the "well he missed so why should I give him another chance to make the putt" issue and people can still be penalized if they continue to fault. Just my thoughts...

I think that if the rule were that if you foot fault, the putt stands as is at first with no penalty except for a warning, and then every time thereafter that you foot fault, you are given a 1 stroke penalty and the putt continues to stand as is. This would then remove the "well he missed so why should I give him another chance to make the putt" issue and people can still be penalized if they continue to fault. Just my thoughts...

Ok what happens on the last hole when two players are within a stroke. Neither player has been warned for foot fault. The player just jumps and slam dunks his final put. Does he get a warning and move on?

Ok what happens on the last hole when two players are within a stroke. Neither player has been warned for foot fault. The player just jumps and slam dunks his final put. Does he get a warning and move on?

That's a blatant disregard for the rules. Therefore, in that circumstance, the rules regarding such action should be enforced. A player who accidentally faults should not ne penalized for the first time, but if it becomes habit, then penalize him...blatant disregard fprbthe rules...throw the book at 'em.

That's a blatant disregard for the rules. Therefore, in that circumstance, the rules regarding such action should be enforced. A player who accidentally faults should not ne penalized for the first time, but if it becomes habit, then penalize him...blatant disregard fprbthe rules...throw the book at 'em.

Heh..I guess it depends on how you look at it. I would say he's fully embracing the rules. What says, "I know the rules" better than doing the most illegal thing you can all while not being penalized? Reminds me of Tiger Woods a number of years ago when he had a bunch of fans move that 800 lbs. 'loose impediment.' Clearly that was not in the spirit of the game, but it was 100% within the rules :p

There is also a rule that you cannot use the rules to gain competitive advantage...