• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lakeville, MN A new course in the making.

Waiting on final approval for one of the tee locations. I think what will happen is we'll install an 8-hole loop soon (before Oct 1) that won't require much brush removal. Then, over the fall and winter about half the remaining 10 holes need some heavy brush removal to provide fairways. Then open up the full 18 in spring. It could go faster but I think the Parks guys might not want to put the remaining 10 in just before winter sets in.

On Kenwood Trail (Hwy 50) next to (west side) and behind Kenwood Jr High. It will be about like the new Valley in length with dual tees. The number of woods holes will be similar to Oakwood.

Last edited:
On Kenwood Trail (Hwy 50) next to (west side) and behind Kenwood Jr High. It will be about like the new Valley in length with dual tees. The number of woods holes will be similar to Oakwood.

Thank you.

Have you heard anything about Prior Lake High School course that was started but never finished? I stopped by there last month and found two baskets near the parking lot, but the bugs were so bad I didn't go into the woods to see if there were more.

Course did not look like any work was being done on it, which is a shame.

Hopefully this course is ready to go, all aspects from tee pads to cleaned underbrush to signage, by next year. My amateur league is a traveling league around the twin cities. We are finally at the point where we have exhausted the 18 holers and it is time to start repeating.

Clearing on the 8-hole loop is almost done. I think those first 8 baskets may be in the ground within a few days either side of Sep 28th depending on weather. The remaining 10 will not likely be playable until around Halloween due to heavy clearing required. There are several big dead trees still standing that need to be cleared not for our new fairways but for safety reasons. That will slow things up more than just the new fairways.

I could use a course my way. I am now teaching in Onamia. The drive from Maple Grove gives me only a few choices. If I run up Highway 10 that gives me Elk River, the Nowthen course, and Princeton. I like Elk River, but is not that challenging. The Nowthen course is 90% thorn bushes. Princeton is so poorly designed (although I appreciate the attempt and actually like Holes 2-3) that you cannot enjoy playing it alone. If I sneak out to I94 and head to Elk River that way, I could make a stop at Elm Creek, but that will be closing soon for the season.

The boys correctional home and school in Onamia has several heavy duty portables but it is a closed campus, and thus I cannot play there.

I could use a course my way. I am now teaching in Onamia. The drive from Maple Grove. . .

Perhaps you meant to post in the "Potential New Course near Twin Cities - Need Your Help!" thread about Ramsey, MN.

This Lakeville is south of the Twin Cities, so won't help you much.

(As an aside: the Nowthen course is not 90% thorn bushes – it just looks that way because the solid under-layer of poison ivy isn't quite tall enough to be seen.)

Perhaps you meant to post in the "Potential New Course near Twin Cities - Need Your Help!" thread about Ramsey, MN.

This Lakeville is south of the Twin Cities, so won't help you much.

(As an aside: the Nowthen course is not 90% thorn bushes – it just looks that way because the solid under-layer of poison ivy isn't quite tall enough to be seen.)

It is more griping than actually asking for a course. I am glad that new courses are going in. I have an amateur traveling league that hits up all the 18+ hole courses in and around the Twin Cities. We will have to put Lakeville on the schedule if it is ready to go for next year. We have several of our players who live in the area.

September 10, 2011--LAKEVILLE

New disc golf course on the way
Lakeville City Council last week OK'd building a disc golf course at Kenwood Trail Middle School. Work was to begin Friday and several holes should be ready this month, said Parks Director Steve Michaud.

The Lakeville school board last month approved rules for when students and residents can use the 18-hole disc course, which will have open and forested holes. The school will have priority during school hours; other times, the course will be open to the public.

Course baskets and equipment were donated by a Lakeville family. Volunteers and Sentence to Service crews will do most of the underbrush clearing and site work.Michaud said the city will maintain the course, and he expects it will cost less than $10,000 by the time it is finished in a year or so.

JIM ADAMS AND Katie Humphrey--startribune.com

Latest posts