• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I see the Pure get mentioned here and there in putter threads, stunned it has been 2 years since the thread had a post... but maybe it was just Streets successfully killing something trilogy?

anyway, I thought I saw a few posts and discussions in some thread a few weeks or month ago about trilogy plastic and how it holds up but can't for the life of me find the posts. But something along the lines of Gold Line will hold its stability longer than Opto.
Most of my trilogy mids/drivers (which I don't throw drivers anymore) are in opto plastic, some for field work in base plastics but those never clicked with me)
I throw Harps in VIP, BT Soft and BT Hard. I've bounced around with the understable slot some but the Pure is 100% the disc i keep coming back to. I have zero hard, and mostly like it but they get beat up so damn fast, lots of rocks and trees on my course and i'm throwing not putting. We have a new course in the works, short and technical with lots of trees and need to finish right and without a forehand the Pure is getting a LOT of work. Now it is getting way to beat up way to fast.

SO... question is on Gold line or Opto?
I know the conventional thoughts are to compare Opto to Champ and Gold line to Star but I've kinda felt like grip/feel and durability don't fall into those comparisons and was wondering if anyone had more experience with the gold line VS Opto trilogy plastics to say which keeps its stability longer.

I see the Pure get mentioned here and there in putter threads, stunned it has been 2 years since the thread had a post... but maybe it was just Streets successfully killing something trilogy?

anyway, I thought I saw a few posts and discussions in some thread a few weeks or month ago about trilogy plastic and how it holds up but can't for the life of me find the posts. But something along the lines of Gold Line will hold its stability longer than Opto.
Most of my trilogy mids/drivers (which I don't throw drivers anymore) are in opto plastic, some for field work in base plastics but those never clicked with me)
I throw Harps in VIP, BT Soft and BT Hard. I've bounced around with the understable slot some but the Pure is 100% the disc i keep coming back to. I have zero hard, and mostly like it but they get beat up so damn fast, lots of rocks and trees on my course and i'm throwing not putting. We have a new course in the works, short and technical with lots of trees and need to finish right and without a forehand the Pure is getting a LOT of work. Now it is getting way to beat up way to fast.

I know the conventional thoughts are to compare Opto to Champ and Gold line to Star but I've kinda felt like grip/feel and durability don't fall into those comparisons and was wondering if anyone had more experience with the gold line VS Opto trilogy plastics to say which keeps its stability longer.

This is why for the most part if I threw the Swedish manufactured Trilogy I would throw mostly Latitude 64 and Westside Discs then Dynamic Discs as it almost seems that Dynamic Discs is getting the lesser plastic of the three brands. It is sad because Dynamic Disc has some good molds just not great molds but the plastic is lesser. Even the Hard baseline plastics are not as durable as Latitude 64 and Westside Disc plastic. The true baseline seems to be the same all around for these companies, that is something that is about the same if they have a modern DX/Pro D type of plastic in the brands lineup. Also I can't Stand the Disc Golf is life marketing of Dynamic Discs. Disc Golf is not life unless you are a Pro/other person who is making a full on living on Disc Golf in some way or you almost died due to drug abuse/headed in that path very soon or were thinking about killing yourself but Disc Golf stopped you from doing either.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I hope not...the Pure is one of the handful of Lat64s discs I really enjoy throwing. It probably has more to do with Trilogy pumping discs out left and right that the older molds get less attention versus the newest must-have hyped putter.

Sounds like a good time to thank Kristin Tattar for the new Moonshine Glow Zero Medium Pures hitting the market. :thmbup::clap:

Not really a fan of Gold Line myself, prefer the Zero Med and Hard putters for better grip. Hards off the tee and Mediums for putting seems to work for me.

I have thrown both. I always have a Pure in the bag for approaches. I am throwing Gold Line now, but could go back to Opto in a heartbeat. For me, they fly exactly the same, and I have not noticed wear on either one.

I hope not...the Pure is one of the handful of Lat64s discs I really enjoy throwing. It probably has more to do with Trilogy pumping discs out left and right that the older molds get less attention versus the newest must-have hyped putter.

Even you have to admit the River and Harp are good molds.

Tis the season you know

The River is super nose angle sensitive, and the Leopard has been doing what the River does for years (and doing it better). Not that good of a mold.

It may be the season, but there's no need to lie.

Sounds like a good time to thank Kristin Tattar for the new Moonshine Glow Zero Medium Pures hitting the market. :thmbup::clap:

Not really a fan of Gold Line myself, prefer the Zero Med and Hard putters for better grip. Hards off the tee and Mediums for putting seems to work for me.

Interesting. Do you find BT Hard plastic holds up longer for throwing than Medium and Soft? I'm going to experiment with Judges this winter and was planning to grab one Fuzion or Lucid for driving, but maybe I'll just throw a Classic instead if it has a decent lifespan.

Interesting. Do you find BT Hard plastic holds up longer for throwing than Medium and Soft? I'm going to experiment with Judges this winter and was planning to grab one Fuzion or Lucid for driving, but maybe I'll just throw a Classic instead if it has a decent lifespan.

Apologies not familiar with "BT" term, the Pure is the only non Discraft/Innova disc in my bag.

I do think the Zero Hard plastic holds up nicely for driving with them and have not had one taco or crack on me yet. The Zero Hard seems to hold up nicely even after a few years of throwing it. Being in this Michigan weather I found the Zero plastic better for grip in wet and snowy conditions vs Gold Line/Opto, at least for me. I even like putting with the Zero Hard Pures in the summer when its hot out.

For me, I found the Zero Soft was simply too soft. After a few uses of putting and short upshots the flightplate would warp. Pet peeve not liking warped flight plates so I switched to Zero Mediums and they hold up better but can also warp a little. Usually carry three Pures for a round, two Hards for driving/upshots and one Medium mostly putting. I do believe the Hard versions holds up much better than the Soft/Med versions in Zero. Have a Zero Hard Pure still in the bag after 4 years, tend to swap out the Mediums more, almost yearly.

The River is super nose angle sensitive, and the Leopard has been doing what the River does for years (and doing it better). Not that good of a mold.

It may be the season, but there's no need to lie.

LOL OK.

I think sometimes discs are like toothbrushes and shoes. Just gotta change the model for the sake of change because new sells better.

I have thrown both. I always have a Pure in the bag for approaches. I am throwing Gold Line now, but could go back to Opto in a heartbeat. For me, they fly exactly the same, and I have not noticed wear on either one.

Opto is the plastic I prefer for what I do have, I'll probably stick with that. Its not more stability I want, its the durability and holding the point longer before getting too flippy.

Apologies not familiar with "BT" term, the Pure is the only non Discraft/Innova disc in my bag.

Pet peeve of mine with Trilogy. Same plastic gets totally unrelated and different names. BT Westside to Lat64 Zero... I think is Classic with DD. Where all the discs made by innova with the C line, S line etc... much better IMO
Anyway I have Harps in Soft and the dimpled and beat-up flight plate is kinda bonus. As an approach disc it sticks and sits really well. It is very slight taco-ing with the hard or medium pures but it affect the stability sooo much. They go from nicely US to unable to control for a drive. As an approach disc the Medium is a great plastic and I will stick with it as a companion to the soft Harp.

Driving. I think Opto it is.

I think sometimes discs are like toothbrushes and shoes. Just gotta change the model for the sake of change because new sells better.

Opto is the plastic I prefer for what I do have, I'll probably stick with that. Its not more stability I want, its the durability and holding the point longer before getting too flippy.

Pet peeve of mine with Trilogy. Same plastic gets totally unrelated and different names. BT Westside to Lat64 Zero... I think is Classic with DD. Where all the discs made by innova with the C line, S line etc... much better IMO
Anyway I have Harps in Soft and the dimpled and beat-up flight plate is kinda bonus. As an approach disc it sticks and sits really well. It is very slight taco-ing with the hard or medium pures but it affect the stability sooo much. They go from nicely US to unable to control for a drive. As an approach disc the Medium is a great plastic and I will stick with it as a companion to the soft Harp.

Driving. I think Opto it is.

Not 100% true with Innova, Hyzerbomb a mini brand that Innova makes the discs for have different names for the plastic then Innova, Millennium, Infinite Disc, and Discmania's Innova made discs.

BT = Zero = Classic

Just depends on which brand you're talking about (Westside, Lat64, DD) which term is appropriate but, as you can see, plenty of people use them interchangeably.

Thanks for catching my error. I throw Westside a lot more than L64, so I forget the equivalent L64 plastic name. I definitely meant Zero Hard rather than BT Hard.

Latest posts