• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

My Opto Pure got me the only two tournament eagles this year. An ace and an eagle on a 180 meters downhill par 4.

I ve been putting and throwing the Pure since i started in 2009. Love this disc.
Does the pink, multicolored, glimmery Opto Pure ring a bell? Have Opto Pures been the same for many years, or, are the new ones good, straight, and get easy distance putting? Any other plastic better for a putting putter? Thanks.

Does the pink, multicolored, glimmery Opto Pure ring a bell? Have Opto Pures been the same for many years, or, are the new ones good, straight, and get easy distance putting? Any other plastic better for a putting putter? Thanks.

Wait, how do you know what Pure i am talking about? ^^ Yes its a red-ish glimmery opto Pure :D

I would recommend Opto for throwing and zero line plastic for putting. I use zero medium for putting.

"Does the pink, multicolored, glimmery Opto Pure ring a bell?" - I was talking about the one I have. It says Opto Pure on it, but it when I go to order one, the ones for sale now don't look at all like the one I have.

Wait, how do you know what Pure i am talking about? ^^ Yes its a red-ish glimmery opto Pure :D

I would recommend Opto for throwing and zero line plastic for putting. I use zero medium for putting.
I just got my OTB Zero Medium Pure (for putting). The fit feels good in the hand, and disc looks nice. Almost wish I ordered the Soft - it is not quite as grippy as I hoped. I had quit searching for putters, but I found that Opto Pure, and it was so close to being a great putter for me. Carries far real easy, very straight when thrown well, but a little slick, and the large diameter makes it hard to get a consistently good release with my smallish hands. Hoping this gives me the pros of the Opto Pure - straight and easy distance - without the large diameter and slick plastic. Update: I used it today - practiced it versus my usual putters (Fierces, Jawbreaker Banger-GTs, and a couple others). I like it a lot! Going to bag it, give it some work, and probably buy a couple more, and see where it goes from there.

Last edited:
Do any of the Pure plastics mold up flatter than others?

I just got my OTB Zero Medium Pure (for putting). The fit feels good in the hand, and disc looks nice. Almost wish I ordered the Soft - it is not quite as grippy as I hoped. I had quit searching for putters, but I found that Opto Pure, and it was so close to being a great putter for me. Carries far real easy, very straight when thrown well, but a little slick, and the large diameter makes it hard to get a consistently good release with my smallish hands. Hoping this gives me the pros of the Opto Pure - straight and easy distance - without the large diameter and slick plastic. Update: I used it today - practiced it versus my usual putters (Fierces, Jawbreaker Banger-GTs, and a couple others). I like it a lot! Going to bag it, give it some work, and probably buy a couple more, and see where it goes from there.
Update: I used my Zero Medium Pure twice, for 54 total holes (27 & 27). The first time was bumpy - I struggled a bit with my putts, and was missing my Fierce. The second time, the first 18 holes were pretty normal. Some good, some bad. But, the last 9 holes, I made 4 out of 5 putts from 20-30'. I was focused, did all of the things that I know help me putt well, and the Pure went pure straight. I doubt I will putt that well repeatedly, but the Pure Zero has at least earned a bit more time in my bag. Plus, I had already ordered a Zero Soft Pure that should arrive soon - looking forward to seeing how it works for me.

The Pure in premium blends is an interesting disc. It is a disc which when you throw it pure it certainly does fly pure and enjoyably straight.

But the thing I noticed for me on a slightly errant OATY throw it's not very forgiving. It's kind of like the Nova in that way that your technique must be pretty good to throw it pure. I've had marginally shanky throws turn out worse then some other throwing putters.

I have a slightly domey Fierce that I am liking a lot for straight shots currently. I'm actually on the Fierce and Luna train at the moment. Though I do have a a bunch of Pures still.
I have been putting with Fierce for a few months, but the Pure Zero is giving them a run for the money. My new Pure Zero Medium gets the same easy distance, but just flies straighter. I got a Zero Soft Pure in the mail last night. Feels good in the hand - looking forward to seeing what it can do asap.

I had two old Pures, bought used, and hated them. Very floaty - would move around way too much, instead of going straight. So I was done with Pure. Then, I found a used Opto Pure, which got super easy distance, flew super straight, but the large diameter and slick texture made it hard for me to release consistently enough. So, I bought a Zero Medium. Like it a lot, and just got my new Zero Soft in the mail last night. Anyone else find the old Pures, beat in, kind of suck, but the new Pure Zeroes are really good?