• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Claymore (mid)

This would really depend on how much/if the opto is any more stable than the recycled ones that were out from the challenge.

It's just not stable enough to be a power or hyzer (long) midrange...at least for me. It is crazy easy to hit mellow hyzer flips for really straight 300' shots...it's so glidey and it won't fade. But I find when thrown 325' or more, it really turns halfway through the flight and I think it would take way too much hyzer to keep straight. I guess that's what fairways are for, but right past that ~300-310' mark on mine it starts to track right significantly more.

It's a great disc (from my sample size of one)...I just wouldn't reach for it on 300'+ mid shots that I don't want to have a risk of going right.

The opto holds up pretty well compared to the recycled in my experience with both. I'm saying as a workhorse mid, similar to what people use a buzzz, roc3, truth, and the like, you could easily make the claymore that for you if you wanted. It's not going to replace the need for something more overstable if you require a mid like that. I.E. drone, gator, verdict

Anyone thrown the opto version yet? I REAAAALLLLYYYY want one of these if it's pretty similar in flight and glide to the recycled versions. Wondering if I should get an opto or just find some more recycled ones, because I'm pretty into this disc

$9.69 at Prime Discs today!

Took a chance and ordered one in a nice purple color. I will say I do not throw mids, I only bag one mid disc and cant tell you the last time I took it out during a round.

I generally just use a fairway or putter for second shot and a putter for approaching duty. I tried a Fuse and found it inconsistent for me, I could throw it relatively straight for the first portion of the flight but it would always track right/turnover and finish too right (RHBH thrower) by the end.

Well, at least the stamp is cool...I will just keep it if we don't mesh.

I will try it out this weekend. This will also be my first Opto plastic disc, as all my Lat drivers/mids (that I don't use) are GL and I prefer Zero Hard for my putters.

Last edited:
Anyone thrown the opto version yet? I REAAAALLLLYYYY want one of these if it's pretty similar in flight and glide to the recycled versions. Wondering if I should get an opto or just find some more recycled ones, because I'm pretty into this disc

Two posts above your's. I think the opto is slightly more high and low speed stable but it's pretty close. If you love the recycled you can surely find more of those leftover for sale by people in the trilogy challenge at a good price I'd think. The opto might be a good pickup if you want that flight with a little more resistance to turn.

Two posts above your's. I think the opto is slightly more high and low speed stable but it's pretty close. If you love the recycled you can surely find more of those leftover for sale by people in the trilogy challenge at a good price I'd think. The opto might be a good pickup if you want that flight with a little more resistance to turn.

I said earlier I hoped for that and was contradicted.

I like your version better :clap:

Got mine yesterday. Wont get to try it until this weekend. I like the shallow-ness, the feel in the hand...not so much.

I have a feeling it will go into the storage box or sold. The Opto plastic is pretty soft and kind of floppy feeling. The purple color looks good but, the one I got has a foil/metallic magenta stamp I do not like. I don't mind the magenta, it is just the combo doesn't look good together.

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday. Wont get to try it until this weekend. I like the shallow-ness, the feel in the hand...not so much.

I have a feeling it will go into the storage box or sold. The Opto plastic is pretty soft and kind of floppy feeling. The purple color looks good but, the one I got has a foil/metallic magenta stamp I do not like. I don't mind the magenta, it is just the combo doesn't look good together.

if you dont like it lets make a trade

Hit a 288' ace yesterday with my recycled Claymore. Mild hyzer all the way to the chains. Too bad it was during warm-up and halfway through the bag. I'm enjoying throwing my neutral mids now that the wind isn't always blowing hard. What a windy spring/early summer we had, but it sure helped me develop my hyzer release. Denver fall weather has DG competing with fly fishing. Looking forward to getting my Opto in the mail today.

The yellow Opto I received today is super flat whereas the Recycled has a nice gradual dome. Haven't had a chance to throw it but I'm not too Opto-mistic it will be more overstable than the Recycled.

One thing I noticed, as I did on an Opto Fuse and Lucid Suspect, where they cut away the flashing at the PL, it looks like much of the meat below the PL was removed. Anyone receive an Opto with some dome?

Got to throw a round with the opto claymore. Its like what my old seasoned z buzzz was. its straight, but will hold a small hyzer, anhyzer, dead straight @ 300, but further it will start to turn. I have yet to really try rollers with it, but it might hold well. It's similar to the buzzz but not as stable as a standard z buzzz. Overall I would recommend this disc to anyone looking for a stable/understable mid.

Threw my Opto a bunch today. Not as stable as the Recycled one I have. Doesn't hold a straight line when thrown with slight hyzer like the Recycled but drifts to the right. Looking for reports of Opto with some dome like the Recycled.

I know I've heard a lot about how Cores were inconsistent, etc., which is why some people are excited about this disc.

I have one kind of domey 177g Opto Core and a RGL challenge version of the Claymore at 173g. The Core is noticeably more stable than the Claymore (I have described it earlier in this thread).

I was just wondering, how much did/do Cores vary? Are some of them as understable as these Claymores, and some as stable as a Buzzz (which mine is)?

I threw my Opto Claymore for the first time today. I am really liking it. Holds a very nice straight line when I do my part. I definitely believe it made the bag today. :thmbup:

I would call the Claymore a longer Pure. Just a hint of turn and fade but not much of either. I was really hoping for more turn to pair up with the Fuse. I might have to try a heavier Opto Fuse I think. Mines beat and 172 so it flips pretty hard. Beat in Claymore will probably work nicely.

Then I got my Gauges too and those are so sweet. Gauge or Claymore, love them both and not sure which way to go yet. I just wish the Gauges weren't so domey.

My opto has a slight dome and is a tic less stable and less glide than my trilogy challenge recycled one. Plastic feels good so I put them in the bag to compare them.

Latest posts