• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] LAT64 QUESTION!

815RocSolid

Par Member
so im lookin to dip into lat64....i think the striker will be the disc im lookin for? i want something that'll just fly nice and easy, that doesn't do anything unexpected on me.

also, a question on the plastic lines.

gold = star/ esp ?
opto = champ / z ?

A vision is nice. I throw the $hit out of a sinus sp also

I agree with a Gold Vision. That thing will fly where you want it to even if you botch the throw. It's a joy to see flying in the air.

(I've only played with gold, and it's sort of a mix between Z and ESP... kind of... but it's definitely cool to the touch and feels smooth and premiumy)

You can't go wrong wiht Gold or Opto, but that GL plastic is worth it, i got 3 opto cores, and which i had gone with GL.

I personally like Opto better, it's like a grippy champ and it's indestructible. The downside though is that some of the colors are translucent. I have some experience with Strikers and Halos but not much. I really like Halos for a big D driver but the slanted rim takes getting used to and I'm still trying to tame it. The Blitz I had was really nice, threw a bit like a Z Pred. That's about all I can tell you.

Opto is a grippier, better looking, indestructible champ plastic. Its wonderful... I would kill to have some of my favorite Innova or Discraft molds made in that plastic.

Striker can also double as a nice overhand disc. I've thrown some thumbers with mine and it works really well. If I didn't want to beat the sh*t out of it I'd use it more for thumbers. Some people love the Striker as a forehand disc also if that's in your bag of tricks. Buy both and use the one you like less as a backup or water disc.

Both plastics are good. Just different.

The Core and Vision are both stellar also. Spike is good straight approach or long putt disc. I have Sinus also but haven't thrown it much. It is stable as can be. Pretty big lip though. Noit real comfortable in my hand, but others love them for approach discs.

Second that for my Opto. But on an open course you can get that sucker to turn huge, and then fade bakc left. It just needs room. I haven't thrown my Goldline yet. that may be different.

Opto is a grippier, better looking, indestructible champ plastic. Its wonderful... I would kill to have some of my favorite Innova or Discraft molds made in that plastic.

I agree! I've tried more of Lat64's discs because I liked their plastic sooo much. I was hoping to find a few more molds that I liked from them just so I could throw more of their awesome plastic.

the spike is my favorite putt and approach disc, my core is my go-to midrange and I use my striker forehand quite often. The impact is still my all time favorite disc in my bag, but my spike and core cant be replaced.

so im lookin to dip into lat64....i think the striker will be the disc im lookin for? i want something that'll just fly nice and easy, that doesn't do anything unexpected on me.

also, a question on the plastic lines.

gold = star/ esp ?
opto = champ / z ?

Threw my new Opto Striker 173 for the first time today at the course. I have a GL Striker 172 that i've thrown for 3 rounds as well.

My findings: The Opto is easier to throw, probably due to the grippier plastic. I'm getting more consistent results from it and predictable slight fade. However, the GL is clearly faster, and when thrown correctly has less low speed fade. The GL is very touchy with release angle. nose-up just a bit and it will climb swiftly.

My noodle arm today threw the Opto 270-280' repeatedly without much effort. When i get a good throw with the GL in the practice field, it hits 290-300'.

Both have solidified a home in my bag.

Latest posts