• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Dookville said:
discspeed said:
EL-KABONG! said:
Marshall st and gggt will usually check a stack for you. And I have seen discspeed/clearwater do this for people too. Doesn't hurt to ask. You have alot better chance of a retailer selling you one than prying one loose on here.

Might just have to do so. I do have some money in my pocket from an ace yesterday in the local twos tourney. I snuck my river around the mando on a long uphill anhyzer for chain slamming success!

Monocacy said:
Dag, would you say that the Diamond is more of an S-curve disc, or is it or a more of a hold-whatever-line-you-put-it-on disc?

If you're asking whether I'm using turn to execute the majority of throws with the Diamond, yes. For straight distance, a hyzer flip (except tailwind); for hyzer, flip to flat then fade; for anhyzer, straight or mild hyzer to turn. I could get a nice shallow angle anhyzer out of it but it was a bit touchier for me than running the disc out and turning it. I think that under ~250' or so, the Diamond would fly simple lines much better. I know that someone with cleaner form than I could expand that range.

El-Kabong and Dag, thanks to both of you for your responses. The Diamond is sounding closer to a Cheetah rather than a Leopard. That might not be a bad thing - I play mostly wooded courses, so I am looking for an easy-throwing fairway driver that turns slowly and controllably like a beat DX Gazelle, hyzer-flips to straight like a Leopard, and holds a predictable turnover or anhyzer without getting squirrelly.

Hmm I'm down to my last 2 11x kcpro cheetahs. If they fly similarly immay have to give them a shot.

The Perfect putter for me would be this. A wide diameter putter that can legally molded heavier than 175, has the comfy slung-under feel of the pure, is glidey from the width, and goes STRAIGHT.

gknmnstr said:
The Perfect putter for me would be this. A wide diameter putter that can legally molded heavier than 175, has the comfy slung-under feel of the pure, is glidey from the width, and goes STRAIGHT.

All else being equal, wider discs roll off chains easier and heavier weights have less glide than lighter so my impression is that you're somewhat at cross-purposes here. How would your ideal putter differ from something like, for example, a max weight (181g) Fuse?

I did putt with a fuse for a while because it does have the glide and feel I like. Straighter is better though so I wonder what would happen if you took a fuse and made the rim more pure-like. Also heavier weight putters release smoother and steadier for me. Right now I use a 175 zero pure.

Jeronimo said:
All your troubles will go away if an Opto Pure comes out.

Maybe I should post that on their FB site? It worked with DC and the ESP Comets.

I kid, I kid :lol:

the putter your describing to me sounds like an aero, super glidey super straight wide diameter. rim may be a lil different but not super radically.

lordbyron001 said:
the putter your describing to me sounds like an aero, super glidey super straight wide diameter. rim may be a lil different but not super radically.

The Aero is too large in diameter (for me), I used to have one and now it is gone (traded or something). I didn't like the way it felt and I'm not a fan of Champion plastic for a putting putter. I think the Opto has a better grip and feels better in my hand when wet. I would like to see a GL Pure as well, that'd be sweet.

I had a gummy champ aero that was frilly, but I know as soon as we get the gold line putter all troubles will go away. :)

Thanks to El Kabong, and an early morning at the course for a quick round before work, I found a nice missing piece to my bag. He tucked a couple of Flow's in my bag to have a go at during the round. I got more than a handful of rips, and I loved the way it held its line. I was impressed enough to take a trip up to the local shop at lunch for a little plastic love and a purchase or two. Thanks Bonger, can't wait to get some serious time in with the Flow.

I haven't thrown the Flow much as I only threw my buddy's disc a few times and it was windy out. It was flip city in the wind when I was going for distance. I did put a considerable amount of hyzer and some height on it too. When I threw it in a tail wind and hit the line right it SAILED! I didn't have my rangefinder on me at the time, so I don't know how far it went, but it was loooooong and very pretty to watch the entire flight.

Sean40474 said:
I haven't thrown the Flow much as I only threw my buddy's disc a few times and it was windy out. It was flip city in the wind when I was going for distance. I did put a considerable amount of hyzer and some height on it too. When I threw it in a tail wind and hit the line right it SAILED! I didn't have my rangefinder on me at the time, so I don't know how far it went, but it was loooooong and very pretty to watch the entire flight.

Was it a gold line or an opto? My gold line is definitely flippy into the wind. In calm conditions I put a tiny bit of hyzer on it and it sails. Downwind flat.... loooooong. My opto's more stable and I can throw it flat into a moderate wind and it'll track right a bit and fade out for some good D. Loving these things more and more lately. Parked a 360' hole with my GL last night in league with an easy backhand.

I thinking the weight was around 170 and it was a GL, don't remember the color on it. It does look cool and I didn't study the PLH or anything about it, just picked it out of the bag and threw it. I didn't have another Flow to compare it to anyway.

Thinking about it now, it almost seemed to fly like a slightly more beat version of my ESWraith.

The Flow is a very balanced and versatile distance driver. It has enough speed to be really long and handle some wind, but not so much that it stalls out a lot or is hit or miss on it's line. It has super glide and I love the average out of the box stabilities of the Opto and GL versions. With the Opto being stable enough for me to throw flat/slight hyzer and fly long and finish strongly and the GL being very straight to understable from the same release, they occupy my two most thrown distance slots. I haven't lost any Optos yet, but I've went through several GLs and I've been able to replace them so far without missing a beat. The most ironic thing is since I've been throwing the Flow I find myself liking it more each time I test the newest latest and greatest distance driver.

Latest posts