• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 & INNOVA counterparts??

Fatbackbob

Birdie Member
If this thread exists, I couldn't find it...

I'd love to hear from everyone on here with expertise and knowledge on this.

What are the INNOVA counterparts for the following LAT64 molds:

PURE
SPIKE
SPIKE GRIP
SINUS AP
SINUS SP
PAIN
FUSE
CORE
MEDIUS S2
HAVOC
FLOW
VISION
RIVER
HALO
STRIKER
RIOT
MIRUS
XXX
PRIMITUS
TRIDENT
BLITZ

Thanks!!! I'm considering a three month trial of all LAT64 discs just for kicks. My bag is just where I want it and that's when I usually get bored and switch it all up...

Strikers-eagle
Xxx-firebird
River-leopard
Flow-destroyer
Core-buzz (I know that's discraft but don't know innova version)

I've only tried a couple but from my experience:

Fuse -> Coyote (Opto is like Champ and Goldline is like Star)
Vision -> Roadrunner or Valkyrie depending on how big of an arm you have. Goldlines are super flippy.
Flow -> Somewhere between an understable Boss and overstable Katana (since both of those molds are really variable just saying one or the other will not be totally correct IMO).

Is it strange that the FUSE says "Stable Midrange" on the disc and the people above relate it to a:

coyote or stingray?

Is it strange that the FUSE says "Stable Midrange" on the disc and the people above relate it to a:

coyote or stingray?

I haven't thrown the fuse in Opto plastic, but the GL fuse is definitely understable.

The Flow in GL is understable, but in Opto it is much straighter from what I have seen.

coyote or stingray?

Yes it is strange that they label it like that. It's definitely understable.

More comet like

Comets are more touchy/require more finesse IMHO, (Opto) Fuses can handle more power without turn-and-burn flight. I agree though, that they can carve similar lines, just the type of thrower would be different.

The flight guide on Marshals Street may be a of some help. I have not thrown Lat64 so i can not verify if it is accurate for those discs. http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/media/flightguide.html

THANK YOU for this!

I'm gonna use this and piece by piece replace the gems in my bag for some Swedish stuff and see how it shakes out for a bit. If anyone reading this wants to trade their extra LAT64 discs, PM me. My sale thread in my signature is chock full of trade bait...

What's the LAT equivalent to a Buzzz or Roc? Is it the Core?

The fuse is not like any other disc made...glide on it is amazing and has almost no turn or fade. Just started throwing mine and its become one of my favorite discs in the bag.

The one thing to pay attention to when buying Lat discs is the dome on them. (Ex. a flat River is much easier to flip. A nice domey one is much straighter with a little more fade.) I think this is the main reason the GLs differ so much from the optos, b/c I think the optos are typically more resistant to flatness over time.

So when looking for a Buzzz replacement, test Cores and Fuses of differing domes. I loved my GL Core as a Buzzz replacement until it got as understable as my Fuse. I've been meaning to try an opto Core but I put a Buzzz back in my bag and it's been working for me so I haven't bothered.

I'll agree that the Pain is much more like a Roc. Especially once it gets beaten in. Although I think a beat DX Rancho is MUCH easier to control than my beaten in Pain, probably b/c of the Pain's glide.

My experience;

Opto river, TL
GL river, valk
Striker, btn wraith and tb but more glide
Flow, wraith
Core, buzzz
Pain, roc
Fuse, comet
Halo, destroyer

Joes universal flight chart is incredible also.

I also prefer Joe's Universal Flight Chart - I feel its the most accurate and given the most attention.

Also, don't forget Westside. They're molded by Lat64 with the same great plastic, and have some great molds.
King - non-fail wahoo, easy fast distance but not quite warpspeed
Sword - tighter, slightly less stable destroyer
Boatman - kind of an overstable starfire, but very different and great disc
Northman - better viking
Swan2 - voodoo, or other regular straight putters

i've been giving the latitude a trial run for the past few months and am loving it. i'm basically throwing all latitude or westside aside from my buzzzes and wizards. i'm throwing a gold line fuse instead of a meteor. i didn't care for the opto fuse i had first, but am digging the gold line. for me it's a unique disc in that i can throw it flat and it will ride straight for a long time and then turn over late. on a hyzerflip it will ride flat forever, and if you throw it on an anny it tends to stay turned over. i replaced my wasp with a gold line pain. it is a bit more overstable than the wasp, and i haven't beaten it up enough to say how it flies once broken in.

for drivers i've got a diamond that i'm using in place of a 150 class champ leopard. pretty similar discs flight wise but i think the diamond isn't quite as stable. i'm throwing a gold line river in place of my leopard, similar flight for me but i get better distance with the river. my gold line striker is teebirdish, i think the striker is a bit faster and has a touch more glide. i replaced with my sidewinder with a vision and that's worked out well so far. xxx is a firebird/monster replacement and i mainly use it for overhand shots and forehand flicks. i've been toying with the flow/bolt/havoc/king for max d shots, and haven't really decided on the go to driver yet. i'd maybe liken the flow to a bit longer wraith. when i get up on my gold line flow it flies a similar line to my river, just faster and longer. some people have mentioned that the flow is very nose angle sensitive, and i haven't thrown it enough to really notice. the westside sword is comparable to the flow, and supposedly not as nose angle sensitive. the bolt is long and understable, i can't say that i've thrown a vulcan to compare it to. my bolt will turn over a decent amount but has some stability to fade back late. it crushes in a tailwind. the havoc is similar to the bolt, but i think mine is a hair more hss and lss. i used to throw bosses for max d flex shots and have been throwing the westside king lately the most for max d. thrown flat it gets out there in a hurry, might track slightly and fade back pretty predictible. i can throw a king further than i could my boss. it's also a crazy long forehand disc.

in the past few months i've really been working on cleaning up my form, so about 80% of my throws have been with my wizards, fuses, and buzzzes. i haven't had a ton of practice with my drivers but those are some rough comparisons. i personally prefer gold line plastic over opto, although opto is nice plastic also. i think gold line is easier to spot, but it doesn't seem to be as stable as opto.

Instead of comparing the numbers on the charts, look at the diagrams of how they fly and the distance lines on them. Innova and Lat64 seem to both be pretty fair in drawing a picture of how their discs fly on a flat line at the proper speeds.
Also, I don't think there is any equivalent to a good Gold Line River. The amount of control and glide from it are amazing.

@DEHAAS : Thanks a ton for the detailed response. Very helpful...

Any info on Spikes and Pures?

Also - anyone thrown a Medius? What is it similar to? Like a DX Roc at all?

As far as the Pures, do they have a bead similar to a KC Aviar or what putter would you compare them to?

Thanks!
Robby

Latest posts