• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Opto Core comparisons

Waddly Hobbins

Eagle Member
The idea of buying an Opto Core keeps nagging me in the back of the head. I already own a Buzzz and a Wasp, is there really any room for a Core? Is this disc different enough to warrant a purchase, or should I just wait till I lose/retire my buzzz?

I'm not asking whether or not it's a good disc, I've heard rave reviews, I just want to know how different it is compared to these discs.

i wanna try anything in opto line plastic, held one at play it again, felt great, only heard that its the best , most durable plastic
but noone round here throws em,
sorry, no advice on the comparison though

I know this isn't what you're looking for...but I started with Innova midranges, went to Discraft, and then ended at Latitude 64 just because I think they're easier to control and glide better.

The core is very similiar to a buzzz SS. It is probably at touch slower and just a touch more understable. I have been carrying one since it came out and use it for a lot of midrange shots. Anything from gentle hyzers to hard turnovers. It is also pretty long for a mid. I carry a HPP warrior, star ontario roc, and core and feel really good with my midrange lineup.

The optoline plastic is top of the line. Maybe the most durable out right now. I have the same core I bought when they first came out and in the bag and it is still in excellent shape.

The Core is a great disc, but currently you have no real reason to buy one. If you are using a Buzzz and a Wasp, and using them successfully, do not get one. You have discs that work stick with it. The Core out of the box for me is slightly more overstable than the Buzzz. Very slighty. I get another 20-30 out of mine than I do the Buzzz. I have replaced my Buzzz and my Wasp with just my Core. I have a more used one for straight shots and hyzer flips and a newer one that I use for hyzer shots. Both are fantastic.

If you have something that works now, stick with it. You will only be even better with it over time. If you are struggling with your Mids, than the Core is a great option.

I find the Core to be straight disc. I have not thrown it as much as I should, but that may soon change. I have been impressed by Vision and my Sinus AP. Opto plastic is super hardy. My Vision has hit a few trees and no one would even know it.

While the Opto doesn't show damage I beat my core to be kind of flippy within a few months. It was pretty much the only disc I threw besides a putter during that time though. I was actually looking forward to having it in my bag alongside a new one (don't think I have ever fully broke a disc in) but the damn thing got swallowed by a bottomless muck pit in FL. :(

My new one is lighter and requires a bit more finesse for a clean throw. I would recommend the higher weight ones if you are kind of sloppy.

It is similar to a Buzzz but I like mine (core) enough to almost never use the Buzzz.

I am almost giddy about my Core lately, I think I will be selling off many a Roc and Buzzz from my collection. It's hard to put a finger on the exact differences between the Buzzz and a Core, but I think everyone should try a Core out when they get the chance.

My percentage of approach shots that end up nestled against the pole has probably tripled over the last couple weeks using a Core.

Well from what you guys are saying that it is closer to the Buzzz or Buzzz SS in flight characteristics. I carry a Buzzz only for those super-straight to anny shots. I don't like to throw it unless I have to because I have to finesse it. If I lose a Buzzz I think I'll try out the Core at that time.

Thank you everyone.

Being a Buzzz user, the only reason I have to consider a Core is because I already have an Opto Line disc and its really awesome plastic. But range wise it would overlap a lot for me.

Well from what you guys are saying that it is closer to the Buzzz or Buzzz SS in flight characteristics. I carry a Buzzz only for those super-straight to anny shots. I don't like to throw it unless I have to because I have to finesse it. If I lose a Buzzz I think I'll try out the Core at that time.

Thank you everyone.

I would disagree with someone's comparison that it flies like a Buzzz SS. Everytime I throw my SS, it flies left to right (RHBH). The Core is dead straight for me even when I torque on it hard off the tee pad. Definitely closer to the regular Buzzz than an SS.

If you throw your Buzzz for annys then the core has a place for long straight flat shots, accuracy shots and tunnel drives.

Just threw my new Core today. It seems slower than my Buzzz, but I feel more accurate with it.

I can get an extra 20-30' out of my z buzzz's but other than that I find them very similar. I find myself leaning towards the Core though because I'm loving the opto plastic.

Latest posts