• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 pro and phenix core?

BoatrightE

my wife is getting me a new bag for x-mass and was wandering about these two after alot of looking can i get some help on what people think upon these bags the quality disc space storage space anything will be helpful

Where is she going to get one? They said they were out until spring. (lat bag)

thats what ive been told to my buddy is a big fundraiser for the sport and said they are trying to get some in before x-mass but if not ill just have to wait till spring if thats the one i end up getting

I've only seen, never carried, both of these. I liked the look, materials, and set up of the phenix bags more. They aren't as bulky. Also, on the phenix, you can make your own bag colors.

That said, you can't beat Gorilla-Boy or Revo

The custom design feature on the Phenix website is very cool. You can custom order your bag with almost any color combination you would like. I don't own one, but if you rate looks up high on your wish list that could be cool. I didn't like the looks of their cover, or the use of velcro, but if those things don't bother you then I think it looks like an excellent bag. Plus you can order your quads at the same time. My new Revo shows up this week. I'll let you know if I made a good choice.

I gave a serious breakdown of the lat bag in a thread "does anyone have this bag"
I've heard alot of talk but haven't seen any bag compare as far as storage without being a backpack. I currently am holding 20 plus 4 towells in the main, a glow set in the side pocket, a hooded thermal, rain shell, gloves, and spare socks in the other. There's full size pencil holders and a Velcro pocket that holds my uv light, it's a lil taller than an energy shot. The front pocket holds my snacks and iPhone but could hold discs. I've tried many different set up depending on the round/rounds.

I gave a serious breakdown of the lat bag in a thread "does anyone have this bag"
I've heard alot of talk but haven't seen any bag compare as far as storage without being a backpack. I currently am holding 20 plus 4 towells in the main, a glow set in the side pocket, a hooded thermal, rain shell, gloves, and spare socks in the other. There's full size pencil holders and a Velcro pocket that holds my uv light, it's a lil taller than an energy shot. The front pocket holds my snacks and iPhone but could hold discs. I've tried many different set up depending on the round/rounds.

I can't find this thread, help a brotha out with a review. ;)

I'm contemplating getting this bag. The Core really intrigues me too, especially the color customizing, but the durability of the quad hook ups really worries me (I think Chris Hysell said something about the lower ones bearing too much stress). Also that Core gets really dang pricey after all the mods.

yeah. it's pretty tall for it's size. picture a phenix core with 3-6" of added useless height and some HUGE pockets on the side that sag when they hold stuff because they're so huge.

yeah. it's pretty tall for it's size. picture a phenix core with 3-6" of added useless height and some HUGE pockets on the side that sag when they hold stuff because they're so huge.

I actually like the sound of that first part, probably wouldn't care about the second since I don't store things that often. I'm really intrigued in that side putter pocket though.

get the core modular bag from phenix, and clip your putter pouch on where ever you want. front, side, other side, probably fits on the back too, but i haven't tried it. here's a bunch of pics of the core modular for you. it's the same as the core, but the putter pouch is detachable and it has an extra "rain pouch" that fits extra towels and such (i just use it to hold more beers)

note: i don't have the putter pouch clipped on in the photos

Front

Center pocket - key holder, extra inner zippered pocket

Side

Other side - has insulated drink holder

Rain-fly in use

The custom design feature on the Phenix website is very cool. You can custom order your bag with almost any color combination you would like. I don't own one, but if you rate looks up high on your wish list that could be cool. I didn't like the looks of their cover, or the use of velcro, but if those things don't bother you then I think it looks like an excellent bag. Plus you can order your quads at the same time. My new Revo shows up this week. I'll let you know if I made a good choice.
You gettin a new bag? I just got a Carolina, and it's pretty sweet. Wish the opening for discs was a bit wider, but that's about it. Hell, I don't even know if I'll get quads...the strap pad is pretty huge and comfy. Wife got it for me for xmas, and she's so awesome, she's letting me use it already! Boo yah! Too bad it started snowing out at buckhorn while I was on 10 and all I had on was a hoodie (Total tangent: Spent a good 30-45 min looking for my River in the sawgrass...turns out, it somehow made it parallel to the basket...50 ft farther than I thought...still in the sawgrass, but clearly visible from the shore...:doh::wall::doh: but I found two discs while tromping through there...)
Is it really that much bigger?
From the pictures, it doesn't seem big, but I think because it's so tall, we assign normal bag proportions to it, and it turns out being huger than we thought.

AP, do the disc dividers come out or are they permanently in the frame? (not the big middle zippered one).

What do you do with the drink holder if you attach the putter pocket to that side? Smash it flat?

You're making this hard on me AP, that center pocket thing looks nifty.

AP, do the disc dividers come out or are they permanently in the frame? (not the big middle zippered one).

What do you do with the drink holder if you attach the putter pocket to that side? Smash it flat?

they come out. they're just the innova dividers. i use them because i don't really have enough discs to fill up the bag, so might as well keep it tidy, right?

'scuse the mess in the bag :rolleyes: (see, all you haters, i do play. i have leaves and shizz in my bag)

i've had mine for a while, so the sides aren't super rigid anymore. but...the new phenix bags will have what appears to be a stiff-plastic lining on the inside of the bag. that will help the bag retain it's shape better, i think.

You're making this hard on me AP, that center pocket thing looks nifty.

if i had a nickel...

here's the putter pouch on the side, kinda goofy, but it would work. you could probably even still fit your drink in there

edit: that strap sticking out from under the bag is an unrelated shoulder strap :|

Latest posts