• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Yeah. If you want a Saint to beat to flippy the "quickest", get a GL. But it still will take some time. Opto is crazy durable.

i didnt realize how seasoned my "go to opto" was, until i threw it in the river and had to drag out my back up, it was pretty beat in.

i didnt realize how seasoned my "go to opto" was, until i threw it in the river and had to drag out my back up, it was pretty beat in.

I've experienced that with the River and the Diamond as well - they look 9/10 at least, but their flight does change.

Well-seasoned Opto is very nice, especially with a disc like the Saint.

really? i might have to bust out one of my new ones and compare. i stopped throwing sidewinders and i am lookin to replace the understable spot with a beat up gold line saint but the one i bought is a 8.5/10 :doh:

its going to take some time

I know there's tons of info in this thread...but it's so many pages to sift through! I'd just like a general feel of what I should expect. I was looking for the elusive slightly longer/consistent Teebird we dream of.

I picked up a 173g domey (consistent large dome) opto Saint in a raffle type thing as it seemed the best option for me with what was available.

I only had 5-10 throws so far, most were 340-370' all flat release, but it seemed like it was dead straight (maybe a hint of right tracking on HSS but nearly none) and then a healthy fade at the end...but not a fade like a warp speeder. Seems to be good for straight to a dropping fade/hook at the end that doesn't spike.

Is this what I should expect? I see a lot of pro's use the Saint as their flippy driver, and their Saint Pro for straight to fade...but yeah I don't throw as far as them.

Lat64 describes vaguely the Saint as a "faster River", but my opto River is crazy understable (needs aggressive hyzer), I'd rate it as HSS-2 LSS 1 at speed 7. This Saint so far feels HSS "-0" LSS 2 at a speed 9.

Are most opto Saints this straight for HSS?

(I can get my DX Teebird to this distance, but they are slower, and at this distance I expect some turn and the fade is nearly non-existent...it's similar to how a Teebird would fly on a shorter throw)

Last edited:
I know there's tons of info in this thread...but it's so many pages to sift through! I'd just like a general feel of what I should expect. I was looking for the elusive slightly longer/consistent Teebird we dream of.

I picked up a 173g domey (consistent large dome) opto Saint in a raffle type thing as it seemed the best option for me with what was available.

I only had 5-10 throws so far, most were 340-370' all flat release, but it seemed like it was dead straight (maybe a hint of right tracking on HSS but nearly none) and then a healthy fade at the end...but not a fade like a warp speeder. Seems to be good for straight to a dropping fade/hook at the end that doesn't spike.

Is this what I should expect? I see a lot of pro's use the Saint as their flippy driver, and their Saint Pro for straight to fade...but yeah I don't throw as far as them.

Lat64 describes vaguely the Saint as a "faster River", but my opto River is crazy understable (needs aggressive hyzer), I'd rate it as HSS-2 LSS 1 at speed 7. This Saint so far feels HSS "-0" LSS 2 at a speed 9.

Are most opto Saints this straight for HSS?

(I can get my DX Teebird to this distance, but they are slower, and at this distance I expect some turn and the fade is nearly non-existent...it's similar to how a Teebird would fly on a shorter throw)

your opto will beat in to have less HSS and that fade will go away fast.
Yours is behaving the way it does becuase it's domey, compared to flat saints... Flat saints mimic rivers moreso and can be hyzerflipped nicely. The Saint Pro's i have fly like regular domey Saints, but don't lose that finishing fade. At 350ft distances, for me Saint Pros go ultra straght 300ft then fade hard without ditching into the ground. At 350ft distances, my regular seasoned saints (opto or GL) need a fair bit of hyzer to land straight out or finish with fade. Hope that helps.

I'm about 280-300 with the Saint (opto 170ish), and it flies as advertised for my power - stable. I can rip it with OAT and it will fight out of it every time. 148 Air Saint flies for me like regular Saints do for more powerful arms, and that will turn and burn.

your opto will beat in to have less HSS and that fade will go away fast.
Yours is behaving the way it does becuase it's domey, compared to flat saints... Flat saints mimic rivers moreso and can be hyzerflipped nicely. The Saint Pro's i have fly like regular domey Saints, but don't lose that finishing fade. At 350ft distances, for me Saint Pros go ultra straght 300ft then fade hard without ditching into the ground. At 350ft distances, my regular seasoned saints (opto or GL) need a fair bit of hyzer to land straight out or finish with fade. Hope that helps.

That does, thank you. I was happy it was domey because I was expecting it to make it more stable like this.

I hope it doesn't lose too much of the HSS and LSS, but even if it turns into a less-touchy River that wouldn't be a bad thing. Is a PD kind of similar to how you would find a fresh domey Saint like this (but more long term holding this type of stability)? From your description the Saint Pro may still be too much for me.

Saint pros are more like spd's or cpd's. At 350ft they fly great. Suggest trying them.

Fwiw... I ounce back and forth between bagging solf/qolf and saint/saintpro combos all the time. Spd/cpd should be pretty similar.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks. I'll get a better feel for this Saint and if it starts getting too much turn then I'll have a few options for a stable/overstable counterpart to balance it out. I throw lots of neutral stuff so it was nice to have something a bit more stable that I could just throw flat and know it wouldn't ride over.

Cool, thanks. I'll get a better feel for this Saint and if it starts getting too much turn then I'll have a few options for a stable/overstable counterpart to balance it out. I throw lots of neutral stuff so it was nice to have something a bit more stable that I could just throw flat and know it wouldn't ride over.

go get a saint pro to match up with it, they pair up just like they were meant to be together :thmbup:

Ok, this is a nice disc. I have had a couple rounds with it now...it's exactly like the flight chart says for 350-370' throws. It glides like crazy and tracks right slowly and constantly...never "turns" or gets scary right, it just drifts...then fades the right amount. It's like fairway driver control for a bigger power throw. It's crazy to be able to look at a ~350' shot with this disc like I would a 320' shot with a Teebird....just knowing it will act properly at that distance and won't be squirrely at all.

I can see that it will get more understable/will need hyzer as I push it out further, but at this distance it is great. Plus if powered down to fairway driver distances it's dead straight with a nice hook that isn't too aggressive. This is the first "control driver" class I've had, and now that I have the arm for it, that's definitely an appropriate name. It's definitely in my bag.

I just lost my stag as I watched it fly off a cliff by accident, and now need something to replace it. I was thinking on the lines of a saint or saint pro. How would the saints compare to a stag?

I just lost my stag as I watched it fly off a cliff by accident, and now need something to replace it. I was thinking on the lines of a saint or saint pro. How would the saints compare to a stag?

I think the Stag would be between them for stability.
And same speed as the pro.
I don't throw the stag any more, because I was mad it didn't fly true to its #
It's a good disc just not what I wanted
the Saint Pro is what I wanted the stag to be.

Last edited:

yeah buddy. ill echo that the saint pro is what the stag was supposed to be like. and the regular OG saint isnt overstable as lat 64 tries to advertise. its just neutral. think like the buzz of speed 9's.

I hear ya, I was disappointed about the numbers on the stag at first but i did really love that straight to fade and long arching hyzers it could do.

Just checking in now that my opto Saint has been used for about a month (I had a few posts above)...it's getting kind of touchy for me. It went from slight ride right/straight HSS and some fade, to now an "inbetween" HSS feeling. I think at my power level (throwing it 350' average) I don't have enough to flip it over consistently, so on a mild hyzer release it will either do a bit of a mellow/long sweep hyzer, flip up to straight/mild ride right and barely fade, or turn over and then barely fade. As you can tell, all three of these options provide an extremely different landing zone.

I know this thing is pretty sensitive to OAT...the littlest bit and it turns and rides right for quite a ways. But it just seems that on clean releases, the difference between it riding slightly right and barely fading, vs. holding a mild hyzer angle the whole way are so small. I borrowed an S PD for a few throws today (my first time throwing one) and it was consistently laser straight with less fade than I was expecting, although its fade is later/more distinct than the Saint's which is more sweeping at the end of its flight.

What I'm wondering, is will this thing keep beating in to being even more flippy (which may make it more predictable in a way...), or does anyone else have the feeling that Saints are kind of touchy with the difference between it sweep hyzering vs turning over? I've been throwing a River and mids/putters (neutral stable) alongside this so I am not only torquing over the Saint and thinking my throw is clean...my other discs are feeling consistent.

I will say that this thing is good at anhyzers now. It's just not the straight-ish to fade that I was hoping for when I threw it as it was fresh.

Just checking in now that my opto Saint has been used for about a month (I had a few posts above)...it's getting kind of touchy for me. It went from slight ride right/straight HSS and some fade, to now an "inbetween" HSS feeling. I think at my power level (throwing it 350' average) I don't have enough to flip it over consistently, so on a mild hyzer release it will either do a bit of a mellow/long sweep hyzer, flip up to straight/mild ride right and barely fade, or turn over and then barely fade. As you can tell, all three of these options provide an extremely different landing zone.

I know this thing is pretty sensitive to OAT...the littlest bit and it turns and rides right for quite a ways. But it just seems that on clean releases, the difference between it riding slightly right and barely fading, vs. holding a mild hyzer angle the whole way are so small. I borrowed an S PD for a few throws today (my first time throwing one) and it was consistently laser straight with less fade than I was expecting, although its fade is later/more distinct than the Saint's which is more sweeping at the end of its flight.

What I'm wondering, is will this thing keep beating in to being even more flippy (which may make it more predictable in a way...), or does anyone else have the feeling that Saints are kind of touchy with the difference between it sweep hyzering vs turning over? I've been throwing a River and mids/putters (neutral stable) alongside this so I am not only torquing over the Saint and thinking my throw is clean...my other discs are feeling consistent.

I will say that this thing is good at anhyzers now. It's just not the straight-ish to fade that I was hoping for when I threw it as it was fresh.

I've had this awkward "middle" ground with all the Saints I've thrown. I throw mine RHBH out to about 375'. At first, they have the nice tight lines before the stage you described. But, I would recommend sticking it out. When putting a new one in my bag, I threw it a lot during practice rounds just to break it in past that awkward stage. It is my go to wood shot over 350'. 30 degree hyzer and it flips to flat and goes straight for days. Throw flat and high, and get some huge Anny line bombs. I actually lost my perfectly seasoned Saint last year, and the the hell out of a new one just to break it in to that point. It is the only disc I have dedicated to beating... Especially part that awkward point. And, once you hit that point, it will stay that way forever... never had a Saint that could have been beaten in to "useless". Good luck!

Thanks so much, that's what I was hoping to hear!

I'll keep mashing this in field practice and on shots in rounds where I know I can predict its flight to work it in. Then it'll find its new purpose and it'll be paired with a PD I think!

Hey slowplastic, the Saint will just get to a spot where it has a big slide over and not much fade and stay there.