• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Saint is my distance driver, teebird is my fairway

Just have more control with the slightly smaller rim of the fairway, and the saint can absolutely bomb

What's really helped is using a modified fan grip w/ my index still tucked. I get great snap and good power and it just goes. A little anny with the same power and I get a nice distance line. I'm going to try with some more power rips tomorrow and mess with hyper angles to see what else it can do.

I just ordered, and it should be in my hand tomorrow, a new Opti AIR Saint! Color unknown, but it should be a bright one! I have been using a Bolt in experimental plastic, I don't throw that hard yet, but I will, it flies far for me, but now is turning over very quickly...it's all beat up. I will get a new Opti Bolt, see how that differs.
I have only been flying new plastic for a few months, taking up DG again since 1982, and I see how discs really vary from same mold to same mold, but not so much with Discraft...it seems, but I only throw a couple Glides and Buzzz' They seem consistent.
I love to learn and experiment anyway!
New Saint tomorrow! Just got a new Jackal today! I'll share my experience...after the weekend!

I forgot to mention, my blizzard champion discs, I have three, all starting to break away at the edges, 'cuz the bubbles leave gaps...maybe it's better that way so it breaks in, but they are really breaking!
So, Opti Air...sounds like the way to go for any air being added...right? Good job Lat64!

...and my experimental plastic Bolt...it's beat up even more on the edges...but full disclosure...I am attacking the trees!

TONS different from '82, huh? :D Think I was still using a Whamo 142g lid in '82...hmmm. You have to be specific with most of Lat's discs. There are inconsistencies. Not so much with the Saint...at least that I have seen yet. I only have four anyway, but they all came from different places. Maybe that counts as pretty consistent. IMO, the Saint fixed some of what has been plaguing them, esp with the Strikers. Time will tell if we can say this in a few years or not. Will be a fun ride til then, though.

Discraft is just as bad as all of them now. Every run of Avenger SS's I have thrown was a completely different disc from the last one.

After spending a lot more time with my Opto Saint, I am agreeing with some of the posters - it may look like a fairway driver, it might smell like a fairway driver, but it ain't a particularly good fairway driver - IT IS A LONG DISTANCE DRIVER ! Just watch the off axis torque and let it rip.

The Saint is making my Sword very nervous. The distance is there.

Get's my vote for best disc of 2012.

After spending a lot more time with my Opto Saint, I am agreeing with some of the posters - it may look like a fairway driver, it might smell like a fairway driver, but it ain't a particularly good fairway driver - IT IS A LONG DISTANCE DRIVER ! Just watch the off axis torque and let it rip.
seconded!!! :hfive:

The Saint is my distance driver as well right now. It just feels better than the PD in my hand. I can get my P-PD out further, but I still prefer the Saint. It's the fastest thing in my bag actually. I'm loving the simplified shot selection, and the greater emphasis on using different shots that this simplified set-up is giving me.

I'm going to pick up a lighter Opto to compliment my 175g. Probably a 172g...

Saint is my main distance driver right now too. I don't really see that changing any time soon either. I have a 176 opto that is perfectly OS and can handle moderate headwinds. A 172 opto that kicked my E* Valk out of my bag because it is DEAD straight and a 172 GL that I can hyzer flip or throw long turnovers with. Saints rock!!

Saint is my main distance driver right now too. I don't really see that changing any time soon either. I have a 176 opto that is perfectly OS and can handle moderate headwinds. A 172 opto that kicked my E* Valk out of my bag because it is DEAD straight and a 172 GL that I can hyzer flip or throw long turnovers with. Saints rock!!
what does the dome look like on your 176? I would love a more os saint all mine are more like your other two you described.

I currently drive with a Wraith and used to use an Orc. How does the Saint compare to them. I max out around 400' currently, down from 420 a year ago for some reason. I need a beat Wraith to hyzer flip. Would this be a good option and how does the plastic compare to Innovas Pro plastic. I am trying to get all Star plastic out of my bag because wet rounds and steamy hot rounds become a nightmare for me.

what does the dome look like on your 176? I would love a more os saint all mine are more like your other two you described.

The funny thing is that all 3 are nearly identical! The PLH and domes are the same on all 3. The few extra grams make it more stable for me.

I currently drive with a Wraith and used to use an Orc. How does the Saint compare to them. I max out around 400' currently, down from 420 a year ago for some reason. I need a beat Wraith to hyzer flip. Would this be a good option and how does the plastic compare to Innovas Pro plastic. I am trying to get all Star plastic out of my bag because wet rounds and steamy hot rounds become a nightmare for me.

The Wraith and Orc are much faster...The Saint is more Teebird speed. Opto/GL doesn't grip any better in the wet than Star.

Latest posts