• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legacy Discs "The Cannon" coming soon

While that may be true, it was really just my way of insinuating that "I don't buy it". Maybe I should have just started with that...

its champion, i found it about a year ago and it was pretty beat and ive been playin with it for a year now and its def flippy, i mean i have a big arm for forehand and usually throw oversstable discs but the t bird im talkin about is completely different in terms of stability to my new t birds, i consider it flippy with the way i throw

the way i throw forehand shots depends on the disc and its flight path, im able to lay into most big rim drivers like boss, destroyer, xcal, groove, but with the rampage i cant really lay into it i have to throw it with more touch like my t bird to keep it in the air

I'm not questioning but just curious

but what kind of distances are you talking?

if you FH 500+ feet I could see it

but if you are saying 350 to 400 then it would likely be a form thing no?

i have gotten one or two drives over 500 but it was on a golf course fairway, it skipped a decent amount at the end but i average 450 on flat ground

I typically drive right around 400, fh with a boss, with the rampage I reach 425-ish... Got a buddy that goes 440-450 with the rampage, neither one of us has a had problem with it being flippy... Sure, it fades left a little, but it ALWAYS fights back for a nice S-line... I'm thinking you got a bad disc, or a form problem

I wanted to find info on the cannon...but typical DGCR "I can throw this far" and "your form must suck" posts were only to be found.

I posted this in John's selling thread
but maybe you can answer

John have you thrown a Cannon yet?
how much less stable is it? [than a Rampage /edit]
is it like a King, Havoc, Katana?
or more like a Teedevil?

I've not thrown one but have heard it is less stable. I don't know about katana area but maybe a faster teedevil? That's what I would guess anyway. I'll be getting one from my local vendor and then I'll let ya know. I really really hope it's not a flippy pile...

It is less stable. Tends to get more glide and hold an S-line better. The fade isnt as hard, so more distance. I was out driving my Rampages. The mold seems to be in the middle of the speed 14 spectrum. Its not overly stable and not super understable. Its like a perfect fit in the middle. I cant image How far it will fly once I beat it in a little.

The Icon plastic is less stable to start. If you like this disc at all then you will be super excited like myself when they release it in lighter weights soon or in the Protege plastic.