• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard, DX vs. Champion?

So I got a well used Star and new Champion Leopard yesterday in the mail from the marketplace forum. I didn't throw the champion much today because I was so amazed out how well the Star flew. I really couldn't believe it flew so much better than my DX and I was liking the way the DX flies. Wonder if this is because its well used and "broken in"? The only time it let me down was on a 300ft down hill shot into a good breeze. I purposely threw it while the wind was up and straight back at me, just to see how it flew in the wind. Went straight, but well short. So I picked out my 175g DX Valk and threw the best shot I've ever thrown maybe, into the wind dead even with basket, about 5ft to the right.

Because it holds its line better.
Overstable discs have a higher upper boundary meaning it takes more airspeed to flip them. If you throw a Firebird and a Leopard into a wind, the Leopard will flip waaay before the FB. Similarly, if you throw your relatively understable beat Star Leo into the wind, it will not hold the line as easily as your relatively overstable new Champ. The difference between the 2 Leos will be much less dramatic than the Leo/FB example but the result should still be easily noticeable.

I have had both a pro and star Leopard and mainly just throw the Star. I guess I like the durability of the plastic and don't have to worry about the quick wear a DX or even a Pro would do. Seems like my pro wore in quick and became a little flippy for me.

my girlfriend's brother is a huge leo fan, so i picked up a pro cause i like that kind and dont know if I truely like it. Only thrown it a little but not really sure if i am sold on it yet.

Latest posts