• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard, DX vs. Champion?

Mr. America

* Ace Member *
I have two DX Leopards that I'm starting to really like. They aren't that heavily used yet either which has me wondering if I should get a champion version incase or when the flight characteristics change from my DX's getting more wear?

My question is how should I expect a Champion to fly as compared to a DX version?

Champions on Loes are a good bit more stable and less glide.

Try a Pro. Trust me.

My question is how should I expect a Champion to fly as compared to a DX version?

I started out with a DXs and went to champs. Out of the box, their flight manners are very similar. Obviously the champ will hold it's manners longer. I buy champ only now.

The Pros will probably be closer to your DX.
Both Champ and Star usually start out considerably more overstable.
There are exceptions to the rule, though, so if you want to look for a lower PLH Champ then you should have exactly what you want.

I have tried Star, Champ and DX, nothing I have tried flies like a DX. To me the Star and Champ where allot more overstable and had only a fraction of the glide. I ended up just buying another DX, although I wish I had bought a Pro after listening to other people talk about them.

Didn't even think about Pro, plus its cheaper than Champion. I only have one Pro disc, but two more coming in the mail I hope, but I thik I prefer its feel in the hand over champion.

Definately go with the DX. My DX got ran over by 2 cars a few weeks ago and i replaced it with a Star leopard and they don't even compare. My brother has a champ too which i don't care for. Just buy a few DX's of the same weight and cycle them. get 3 going at once.

Use the newish one for more stable
the slightly used one for more understable
and the beat one for long turnovers and rollers.

you can almost get 2 DX for the price of one champ or star anyway.

The pro does sound good though.

good points already made... I'll just echo that the pro is going to be the closest thing to DX that's not DX... aaaaaaannnnddddd if you've got a friend who has a light River, ask to try it, those replaced my Leopards.

I find the release on the Pro is a bit different than the Star I had. Don't know why, but the Star felt more shallow. Can't confirm it now because I've since lost the Star--one of my favorite discs ever. Pro is great for the grip, but I can't personally recommend it over the Star. Both hyzer flip well, both have decent grip, and both keep their flight path well. You won't be disappointed with either.

I say DX.. like someone else said, just carry 2 or 3 with you for different stability.. DX last longer than people like to give credit.

Pro is the next best, if you have to have a better plastic.

I had both a pro and a champ leopard I lost in the same week. Now I have a dx and another champ leopard. I love my champ more than my dx leopard and I loved my old champ more than my pro leopard. I didnt have my pro leopard that long so maybe thats why I didnt learn to love it. I find that the champ leopards are more consistent. Anyways if you find any leopards in arkansas rivers let me know haha!

I've thrown CE, DX, Champ, Star and Pro. My favorite are Stars between 169-171g.

Stars and Champ definitely start out more stable. I had a 176 champ that had very little turn at all when I threw it like I threw other Leopards. My 171 Star felt perfect for me, it's grippy and can take a tree hit well, but didn't start out too stable.

Only tried one Pro and right off the shelf it felt a lot flippier than I expected, so I never cared much for it. Maybe I'll try it again someday and see if it was me or the disc. I do love the feel of the Pro plastic though, and it holds up well in the Leopard mold.