• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard3

Haven't seen any Tebird3s in Metal Flake. Saw (and bought) a Metal Flake Roc3, also saw Katanas and Thunderbird in Metal Flake, but didn't catch a Teebird3.

Oh well, it's the TL3 I'd rather see in Star, Champ, metal flake, etc.

My local pias has MF teebird3's and a very sweet feeling MF Vroc so keep looking.

I have very dry hands so grip is an issue for me especially in the winter. I find the leopard3 to be stiff but grippy, really my favorite champion plastic. I did notice a stack of MF discs that were very slick. Maybe there are some slick leopard3's too.

I assume he only buys in person or something bc these have been around for a while

Dgcenter

eBay

Probably everywhere

I assume he only buys in person or something bc these have been around for a while

I buy online as well as in person. I do try to buy in person, as I get a chance to hold, feel, and visually inspect the disc I'm purchasing. I buy online when I can't find what I want in stores.

As to the Metal Flake Teebird3, I simply have not seen one in the stores I've visited. They may not have been ordered, or they may have gotten some in and those sold before I saw them, or I just missed them. In any case, it's all good.

I'm still thinking good thoughts about TL3s in Star, Champ, Metal Flake, etc., since I'm not going to buy one in GStar....

I don't think those tb3 were selling out very fast.

I don't see the tl3 showing up in other plastics anytime soon. Maybe as cfr but there's so many other options.

I don't see the tl3 showing up in other plastics anytime soon. Maybe as cfr but there's so many other options.

You're probably right. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised to see the TL3 go OOP. It was a solution looking for a problem to begin with.

As to Teebird3s, as another post on here said, McBeth is bagging them which means a lot of people will want to bag them....

Anyone got their hands on a Star version yet?

Did they run flatter or is a bit of Star dome evident on these?

Yeah, but then McBeth started throwing them....

exactly. I literally have seen zero Monsters being thrown on the course. Then McBeth said he's bagging a Monster and doing really well with it. All of a sudden I've a few Monsters on the course

Anyone got their hands on a Star version yet?

Did they run flatter or is a bit of Star dome evident on these?

My star and Proto champ molded up almost exactly the same. Same dome and PLH. Both 167g bright green. The plastic blend on the stars is sweet. Fairly stiff but still grippy. Threw it as my main driver in the snow today and had no issues that were not user error.

I have been throwing the Leopard3 since they came out and they have been working great. One of my first drivers was a pre-Barry Leo. I had moved away from the mold because the newer ones I picked up were domey and more stable than what I wanted. Lost that Leo and my money Pro and moved on. Throwing the Leo3s is like coming home.

My star and Proto champ molded up almost exactly the same. Same dome and PLH. Both 167g bright green. The plastic blend on the stars is sweet. Fairly stiff but still grippy. Threw it as my main driver in the snow today and had no issues that were not user error.

I have been throwing the Leopard3 since they came out and they have been working great. One of my first drivers was a pre-Barry Leo. I had moved away from the mold because the newer ones I picked up were domey and more stable than what I wanted. Lost that Leo and my money Pro and moved on. Throwing the Leo3s is like coming home.

Cool, thanks for the info :thmbup:.

Did you notice any difference in stability? I would be hoping the Star was a tic less in that department.

Even better to hear that the plastic is nice, the champ is not working in my current climate ( grip wise ). Now I just need to decide if I want the same weight in each or bump the star up a tad .

Finally picked up a nice Proto star stamped JR Champ Leo3 175g. Only tossed 1 round. Liked it, not enough to replace my Patriot. If anyone is interested, let me know in PM, also have another nice GFR glo leo for sale along with other nice discs.
Leo3 was cool, but maybe not making my bag

Being a trilogy thrower, i was intrigues to throw the leo3 as it was a player pack disc, and I learned how to drive on a pre flight star leopard. When I through it, it turned and burned with hyzer, I defintely throw harder than I did back then lol. My 2nd shot I threw it at 60% with hyzer and it just went dead straight for 340 feet. Fun disc, but very utility also.

The Leopards I have are incredibly stable. More like 6.5/4/-0.5/1.5 If you want a disc like that, let me know, I have 2 nice ones

for me with a small hyper release i get about a -1 turn and a 2 fade at full power for me which is about 320 with my fairways. if i throw it flat and hard ill get a little more turn and less fade.

Anyone have a Gstar vs Star comparison? Curious if the Gstar is slightly more stable like the regular leopard.

In my experience, yes. Order of stability (OS to US): Glow champ, champ/star, gstar.

The glow champ is actually the same at high speed as star or champ, but it has a fair bit more LSS so it fades a lot more. Star and champ seem about the same when new. Hoping the champ holds more fade as it wears and that the star beats in to a sweet flip machine. The gstars are very inconsistent, much like the regular gstar leos I have. They go from TL-like to straight up flip no matter what. The more dome, the more stable. I am hoping to try out a colored glow champ soon. The colored glow thunderbird is my new favorite workhorse driver and the color glow roc 3 has edged my first run G* out of the bag for overall feel and good turn vs fade.

I am definitely going to keep the glow l3 in the bag as a replacement for my pre barry, nearly the same flight as it wears in and wind doesn't blow it around as much. The g*s will be traded or thrown over water. The stars will probably end up replacing my old star leos unless the color glows are as great as I hope. Champ is too glassy for good grip imo.