• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard3

Idk. If you go back through the thread there seems to be more of the opposite opinion. Not really sure what the deal is.

Mine is a point and shoot disc, doesn't matter what shot, or angle I need, it does it. Straight as an arrow, holds a turnover, or will hold a hyzer line with ease. Overall easily the most versatile disc in my bag. Outside of my beat in Wraiths, probably the only disc I'd spend a good amount of time searching for if I ever lost it. But...as it goes, it's usually just sitting in the fairway where I wanted it to go.

Mine is a point and shoot disc, doesn't matter what shot, or angle I need, it does it. Straight as an arrow, holds a turnover, or will hold a hyzer line with ease. .
i didnt read the entire thread. this seems to be the consensus of the last few pages.

I saw a couple other people echo the same sentiment in other threads.

In any case, im sure it can different things to different folks

I can hyzer-flip my Star L3, and get just the right amount of hold on a high anhyzer shot. I'm throwing a 165g, and it's flying like a good seasoned Pro Leonard/old pre-# Star Leo. Might've mentioned that already. Try a lighter weight if you want more turn. If I want to REALLY flip over and cut right, I have a Z Glide for that.

Recently picked up a 175g leopard 3 and I like it. It seems a little more understable than the regular star Leo's I've thrown (pfn).

I just threw my two proto champ L3s in the field recently. It was like watching your son who always strikes out, connect and drill a homerun lol. Thats my best analogy as to how I felt with the L3. As first, I hated the plastic. Too hard, too slick, looked like it would be more stable than I wanted.

My first couple throws were stand still throws. About 300' dead straight, really no fade. Next couple were full power run ups. A little bit or turn an easy fade to finish. Very nice throwers for sure. Im eager to try some in star plastic.

I have 2 champs, 1 gstar and 1 star and they all have very similar stability.

I have finally decided to part ways with my pro leos save for a couple of early flatter ones. The star leo3 is the perfect replacement flightwise, in premium plastic, and without the uncomfortable dome. Between those and the champ glo, I have even cut down on the teebirds in my bag, only need a fresh stable one now.

On a whim I picked up a champ leopard3 as my player pack disc at a recent tournament. Threw it a few days later at our weekly doubles and I was blown away. It's everything I wanted my Mantis and Patriot to be. It also excels at low & tight lines through the woods.

I ordered a star leo3 that I'm waiting on. If it holds the same line as my champ without fighting back at the end I can't see the champ/star combo ever leaving my bag.

My star L3 started similar to my champ as others have said, but after some break in it has definitely lost most of the little fade at the end that the champ still has for me, love the two as my straight/US fairway combo.

Leopard3 has quickly become one of my useful discs. Perfect amount of stability for light flips or hold angles

I'm carrying two now. One tye dye champ and a new jolly launcher champ. The tye dye is beat in and flippy, easily my most fun understable disc to throw. Just holds that line and pans before it hits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

wish i had given this disc a chance sooner. perfect compliment to my tb/fb line-up. goodbye sweet jls.

Last edited:
I'm field practice I've come to really like the champ leo3. My fairway lineup is pretty set tho so I'm not sure where it would fit, or if I could replace something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threw a G* 175 L3 today, holy crap what an awesome disc. Dead straight and easy to throw/control. I was able to mash on it and it kept a predictable fade, hope it stays that way.

I am going to keep adding to chorus. Picked one up Friday, and now I am looking to add more. The problem is that I run a certain color scheme in the main bag. Going to be hard to find white Champion L3. I already snagged a Glow off of eBay; hopefully the stability is close to the same. Grabbed a white Star as well just in case.

It is very similar to my 5th Run C-FDs, maybe a touch less stable than my Glow FDs, but that is a perfect thing. I am finding in the last six months that I am having a difficult time finding the right release angle for tight shots. I am trying to power TeeBirds to keep them straight; I am even throwing PFN seasoned TeeBirds so they are not grossly high speed overstable. First throw with the L3, instead hitting of the line I want. The slower speed with the similar stability because of the slower speed suddenly made hitting those lines instantly better.

Unfortunately where I teach the majority of the courses I play are relatively open, city-park courses. Small release mistakes are not that big of a deal, and the TeeBird is ideal for those situations. However, the last two big league dates out where at tight wooded courses and I had my you-know-what handed to me because I could not get off the teebox without hitting a tree immediately in front of me. I finally put away the TeeBirds and starting those holes with my Glow C-FDs and instant success. Unfortunately, I only have two of them and both are in my tournament rig, which means no daily practice with them.

For now, I will keep the Glow FDs in the tournament rig and start accumulating L3s. Once I get enough, they can supplant the FDs.