• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Let's get a Halo/Latitude thread going...

backswing_aplenty

Birdie Member
Just got a 173 Gold Line Halo from Discovering the World and is a fantastic pearly white (Latitude doesn't make pink :thmbdown:).

It is fairly stiff in my hand compared to my Wraiths and Star Bosses at similar weight and has that nifty angled inner rim like on the Riot(?) or Blitz(?).

Incredibly straight off my hand and went like stink. I can get the Boss out to 415-435 straight and a Wraith out to 450 with a hyzer-flip, this mother went straighter; longer than the Boss with less fade at the end of the flight. I threw one previously and turned it over more than my Wraiths but I was told it was a 172 when I think it was lighter. I got it to be a less stable Boss but it just might take the Bosses place in the bag! :eek: The unique rim comes of the hand sooo clean for me, I've never felt anything like it. Can't wait to get some more, one lighter and one heavier and really get to know the disc.

I also have a witness to the awesomsauceness to this disc. Let's hope he chimes in with proof of not only distance but the sheer severity of the discs' otherworldly healing powers.

I have to go out and also get some more Latitude because of this disc. Said witness has been shoving Goldline Strikers and Visions in my face for a few weeks now, I needs me some Swedish 'sauciness.

*backswing_hyperbole

I am anxiously awaiting throwing my Vision. I hear they are like Valks?

yeah that thing did pretty well for you.:thmbup:

gotta post that tombstone pic...:thmbup::D

I just got an Opto Vision, and a Gold Line Core in trades. I haven't thrown either one a lot yet, but so far, so good.

Way less stable.

Also backswing, according to the DGR latitude thread, they will be running pink gold line discs in their next batch.

Wow, just looked on Disc Golf Center for their ratings and it has the Vision even less stable than a Defender. I better put some hyzer on.

The Vision is the most understable distance driver I've ever thrown, by far. I have to put some serious hyzer on it and throw it at least 50-60' high so that it won't turn over into a roller. It's really not a very good disc, but I have a friend that throws around 275' that I let use it and he will hyzer flip it for a nice straight shot.

So give it a shot and if I find it too flippy, maybe a good hand me down to someone who with a little less distance. I am hoping for a hyzer flip out the gate like a beat in DX Valk but it sounds a little flippier than that.

If you like that tilted rim, get yourself a Riot. It may just replace your wraiths.

I have thrown the Opto Core a lot. My Opto Core is my favorite all-around mid. Better than the Buzzz or Roc. Consistent high-end plastic, and great glide. Just started using the Gold Line a little so jury is still out, but it looks and feels great so far. I like the Vision, but it is understable. I throw around 250-275 with an occassional 300' and I can turn it over. Hyzer flip it and it is like a real long Stingray??? At least for me. I have thrown it up to 350'. I have tinkered with an Opto Striker. Great thumber disc, but I haven't used it too much as a driver. I have not graduated to the big-boy club that throws a Riot, XXX or Trident yet. I would love to stumble onto a Sinus in a store so I can look at it. It sounds like a cool disc, but since I am a Cro fan I am in no hurry. But the day will come.

Opto plastic is great and Gold Line looks better. I would love to be the Latitude Nat'l Sales guy. They are hot and coming on strong.

The Opto Halo was a bit overstable for what I wanted but still had great grip.

Great news about the pink Goldline! I won't have to contaminate my bag any further with white...

Here's a shot from La Mirada yesterday (75-78 degrees at 10am...) with the Halo. The hole is from the Golden State Champ layout and it's a big hyzer bomb around the gym.

Second or third shot with it ever, never had anything do that before. Not really a testimony of the disc, just awesomesaucness...

Can't wait to get a stinky pinky!

*backswing_borgie, borgie, borgie, borgie (*in Sweedish chef voice)

im a big Lat64 fan...all my main throws are latitude...
my newest ones were a gold line halo and a gold line vision. both are awesome discs. i can consistantly out throw my r-pro boss with my halo so its my top distance driver.
other than that i have a opto riot(main driver), opto core, 2 gold line pole dancer strikers, and 2 grip line spikes(main putters). and i love them all! cant wait to try out some other discs in gold line plastic!

im a big Lat64 fan...all my main throws are latitude...
my newest ones were a gold line halo and a gold line vision. both are awesome discs. i can consistantly out throw my r-pro boss with my halo so its my top distance driver.
other than that i have a opto riot(main driver), opto core, 2 gold line pole dancer strikers, and 2 grip line spikes(main putters). and i love them all! cant wait to try out some other discs in gold line plastic!

what discs would you compare the riot to (i throw mainly innova, though these swedes are giving them a run for their money)?

what discs would you compare the riot to (i throw mainly innova, though these swedes are giving them a run for their money)?

umm...i dont have too many innova drivers (mainly beasts) but the closest thing would be an orc i think...pretty similar rim, but with less turn than the orc.

I've been throwing (RHBH) a Star Boss 173 about 500' and Star Destroyer 172 a little less. Flat out of my hand the boss will flatten out, annhyz a bit and then come back to a nice fast finish. Gold line Halo thrown the same will do a mid to hard annhyz almost immediately (sometimes flipping hard into ground) but will then flatten back out with a slower finish. Goes far, just can't throw it with as much spin as the Boss. Nice disc for drives that dogleg right and straighentout. Also, didn't seem to like the wind. I will have to say that after throwing it for about 10 rounds... it's not gonna stay in the bag. Looks pretty but doesn't out perform anything I already throw. Same with the Striker.

I do love the Core and the vision is a great turnover disc