• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Looks kinda like oil slick In pick but its not its blue and a weird rainbow but is all one piece of foil not a normal 2 color from the 90s

You def got a good deal on those three. My main putter is an old beadless that is starting to get too beat up after nearly 20 years of putting, so fingers crossed I win that auction.

Champion Zephyrs seem to pull a decent amount of cash on the auctions, but not sure what the reaction would be to the one without the thumbtrac. Most probably wouldn't know what to do w it, lol.

So, back to lids... anyone else run into these champystar feeling Zephyrs?
My wife and I play catch in a parking lot last night, and the orange one took pavement skips pretty good.

They did a run of Blizzard Champ, but they weren't super opaque. It could just be a really nice blend of DX.

They did a run of Blizzard Champ, but they weren't super opaque. It could just be a really nice blend of DX.

Played a round today with just one of these new Zephyrs and a new DX Aviar.
Zephyr walked away seemingly without a scratch, the Aviar looks chewed up even though I don't remember any rough hits/landings...
This Zephyr plastic is super slippery in the rain, though, compared to DX.

I also ordered a "doggystyle" Goldblum lid from Reptilian today (and a Lil Wiz while I was at it), will report back on what its like next week.

Nice to hear about the durability. I imagine it'll develop some "wet" grip with a little more use, but that's a bummer to hear.

I love the Big Dog and Lil Wiz and have several of each. Last weekend I was throwing a Lil Wiz around and was getting them out to probably 150' without any effort. It's quite fast and beefy for a catch disc. The Big Dog is too, but it's more sensitive. You're going to love them. :thmbup:

I actually have a couple of Lil Wiz with the throwback Gateway stamp on them I haven't had a chance to try yet. Will have to see how they toss tomorrow after hearing that!
Very stoked about the new lid, though... can't wait.

I tell you what, I loved throwing whitefedora's Gopher around last weekend. I have no idea why they stopped making them. The stamp is the bees knees, too. The little bastard's wearing sneakers!

Why do the Claws and Lockjaw look like completely different discs on Inbounds?

Probably some sort of typo. Since they are the exact same disc.
SPEAKING of, the Liquid Metal Lockjaws just went on sale. But...they are saying they won't ship until AFTER the 4th of July weekend. Pretty weird, but whatever. I'm going to order one.

I just got mine as well. I guess this is technically a pre-order. I just wanted to make sure I get one, regardless of when they ship.