• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Linbrook Park DGC just minutes from Knob Hill in Franklin Park, PA

chris deitzel

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
So Lori Merriman and myself have been designing and building a new disc golf course in the Pittsburgh area. The course is north of the city just 5 miles from Knob Hill Park. The course is designed and construction has begun. This will be another great course in the area and should be our third par 66 course in the area. Lots of work still to be done, and money to be raised for baskets. I believe that we will be installing the first 3 holes in the next 2 months, with plans for the front 9 to be completed by the end of summer.

I will use this thread to post updates as they happen.

These first photos are of Hole 1 from the long tee. Tee may be moved slightly to make for a straighter shot. The 3rd photo is from down the fairway looking back at the tee.

Attachments

• DSCN7527.jpg
    DSCN7527.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN7530.jpg
    DSCN7530.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN7525.jpg
    DSCN7525.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 74
More photos from Hole 1. Before and after clearing debris from the side of the fairway.

Figured you can't really call a hole complete until all of the debris off the fairway is cleared also.

Attachments

• DSCN7535.jpg
    DSCN7535.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN7536.jpg
    DSCN7536.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN7568.jpg
    DSCN7568.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 41
A few more photos from Hole 1.

Thanks to Franklin Park Boro for donating time and labor with the Excavator and chipper. Without these guys, we would still be cutting down trees with hand saws.

Attachments

• DSCN7524.jpg
    DSCN7524.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN7538.jpg
    DSCN7538.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN7574.jpg
    DSCN7574.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 32
The course will have more elevation changes than any other course in the area. And will be our most wooded course, but will be very fair with distinct fairways. Some old growth trees, some creeks and big hills will give the course somewhat of a Deer Lakes feel. I am one of the main designers of Moraine and it is a pleasure to get to design and build a new course in the area,

I think it is going to be very fun. Now if we could just get a few chainsaws out for a day or two and we can have holes 1-3 completed. If we get these 3 holes done, we will most likely install the first 3 baskets for a quick 3-hole loop.

Course ends up back at the parking lot after hole 3 and after hole 9.

looks good so far!!! Let me know when the next work day is and I will see if I can make it.

Dave

Serious work done today. Hole 1 has had all of the debris moved from the sides of the fairways and chipped. Only need to get the tees built and clear a few trees up at the tee and the hole will be completed. Hole 2 has had most of the brush and debris removed and is ready to be chipped tomorrow.

If anyone wants to help meet out at Linbrook tomorrow at 9:00 - 2:30. Just bring work gloves. We will have the excavator and chipper out there to help. If you have a chain saw you could bring that. But no other tools are needed.

just found out about this course & would like to donate time/money to the cause if possible. If you could forward any information to me regarding helping/donating please do...

[email protected]

Thank you & keep up the great work!,

Eden G.

Last edited:
What's up Eden. We will be doing work out there tomorrow from 9 -2:30. Might be the last day with the heavy machinery for a few days. Come out if you can. We definitely can use some help and money. I'll send you an email also.

Thanks,
Chris Deitzel

Today will make 4 days in a row with the work crew. Where are the people who keep saying that they would like to help?????

Holes 1 and 2 are cleared!!! Just a few bushes left on the left side of the fairway on 1 to be removed tomorrow. Hole 3 has had the last of the trees removed and stumps removed. Hill side graded so we can drive the chipper down with the excavator in the coming days. Should have 1-3 completed in the next 3 work days. Installation of the 3-hole loop should be done by July 1. With the rest of the front 9 hopefully opening by early fall??? We just need some help raising money for baskets, and some more volunteer work.

Big thanks to KB Clark who has been the best help I could ever ask for. Lori Merriman of course. Josh Deily, Mark Yokim, Jen Johnstone, Dave Muchicko, Sean Bolen and Tom Stephenson for helping over the past few months. The rest of you, it's time to do work son! I know you will all show up when it's ready to be played.

And most importantly Ron Merriman and the Franklin Park Borough Road Crew for countless hours of work. Without these guys we would still be out there with hand saws wondering if we would ever get this completed.

If you come and help, you might just be able to play a few holes and get a tour of the course.

So some douchebag stole the portable basket that we had set up on hole 2. So if anyone in the Pittsburgh area sees someone with a blue portable Innova disc catcher, please let me know.

Chris,

Been extremely busy, I definitely plan on coming out to help though. Going to a couple shows this weekend but i'll be free the next couple after that. I'll be in contact though. I plan on helping for sure.

Holes 1-3 are now cleared, chipped and ready for play. 3 baskets have been ordered!!! Pins should be installed for the first 3 holes withing the next 2 weeks. Looking for sponsors to help pay for the rest of the baskets. $500 a hole will get your name on the tee sign permanently. Help us get another course in the ground!

Sponsorship

What are the details about sponsorship? Looking to get some funds together. Still need sponsors. All names (2-3) on signage? Do we pick a hole/assigned one? Let me know as I would love to be a part of it.

Sorry for the slow reply I was on vacation.

Hole sponsorships are still needed. As of now I believe we have 5 of the 18 holes covered. The cost is $500 which will pay for the cost of a basket, 3 anchors, concrete, and the lock for the basket. You can put whatever name or logo you would like on the sign. Each tee sign for the hole will have the sponsorship info on it. And we may put it on the basket as well if all works out as planned.

You can sponsor by yourself, or get as many friends as you want to get in on the deal. If you are interested in talking more about this please contact me through a PM on this site. You can also email me at chris.deitzel at pfds.org

Thanks, we would love to have your support.

Also there are 3 holes installed right now that form a short little loop. Holes 1-3. Hope to hear from you soon.

Also, you can pick whatever hole you would like to have sponsored. As of now Holes 1-3 are taken. The other sponsors said it could be any hole we choose. Preferably it would be a hole on the front 9 since they should be completed by Winter. If you would like a tour of the course or any other info please get in touch.

Looking for more sponsors. We have quite a few now, and course work is progressing. I am hoping to have the front 9 fully completed sans concrete tees by the end of Winter.

Latest posts