• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Live feed for USDGC

Considering the format this year I would be surprised. But who knows maybe people want to tune in and watch Ams play :/...

I have not heard anything but probably not since really some of the top pros are not playing. I know Dave Feldberg is playing and Barry Schultz but not sure who else.

I would tune in just to see if I could catch a glimpse of a few buddies down there...once I caught the glimpse, I would probably stop watching.

I have not heard anything but probably not since really some of the top pros are not playing. I know Dave Feldberg is playing and Barry Schultz but not sure who else.

If I had to guess just the guys that Innova strong armed into playing. The fact that Michael Johansen and Jeremy Koling aren't playing being so close should show how most feel.

That said I'm pulling for Brett :D

Koling tried to qualify on monday, he didn't get in. Wiggins got in by shooting a 58!

Koling tried to qualify on monday, he didn't get in. Wiggins got in by shooting a 58!

Looking at projected scores Feldberg is probably going to have to shoot 58 or less everyone round just to have a chance :doh:

I think someone who shoots 5 under their projected every round will have a legit chance.

I don't know, when the pressure is on I think a lot of those 800-900 rated guys will crumble, especially with the stroke + distance penalty in play. Will be interesting to see the results. I was one of the doubters when I first heard about this format change, but I'm willing to give it a chance..

If this is successful it gives all of us TDs a new one division format to play with. Who knows, this could totally change the (still young and fluid) disc golf tournament landscape.......

I don't know, when the pressure is on I think a lot of those 800-900 rated guys will crumble, especially with the stroke + distance penalty in play. Will be interesting to see the results. I was one of the doubters when I first heard about this format change, but I'm willing to give it a chance..

If this is successful it gives all of us TDs a new one division format to play with. Who knows, this could totally change the (still young and fluid) disc golf tournament landscape.......

Problem is it requires everyone to be a PDGA member and for an extended period of time so they have a rating.

Problem is it requires everyone to be a PDGA member and for an extended period of time so they have a rating.

Not necessarily a bad thing is it?

I'll say I'm willing to see what happens. I can see someone shoot 8 under their projected, followed by 8 over it. I think it'll be surprising, but pros might be up the leaderboard on that course with S&D.

Interestingly, it looks like they are using hole-by-hole handicap-style scoring for the live scoring:
http://www.usdgcdots.com/?round=1

There are so many "-2" on the board that they almost certainly aren't all eagles. More likely, the person shot -2 from what they were expected to shoot on that hole.

If you're expected score is 20 over par, you would get 2 strokes on the 2 hardest holes and 1 stroke on the other 16 holes. So if you true par one of the 2 hardest holes, it's a net eagle on the scorecard.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you click on their names it pops up their scorecard with their "personal par". Cute.

Last edited:
Something more complex at work, though, because "Mike Hamuka" has a Personal Par of 4 on #1 (which is a par 3), and Personal Par of 8 on #13 (which is a par 5).

Yeah, musta used historical scoring averages or something. Feldberg has a few personal par 2's, but #13 is a par 6 for him.

Last edited:
I kind of like it. About the only way you can "live" score the event.

I'm really impressed with how updated the scoring is.

Phil Arthur has a personal par of 4 on hole 10. His score shows a +9 so that means he really shot a 13 on that hole?

EDIT: nevermind, just saw grodneys post

Based on a player with a Personal Par the same as Sign Par (68) (such as Tim Barr), holes #1 and #7 are par 2, and holes #11 and #13 play 1 stroke higher than sign par (#11 listed as a 5 while it's a Sign Par 4, and #13 listed as a 6 while it is a Sign Par 5).

By the way, #6 has a significant new tree just off the tee on the right side, blocking the bigarm hyzer. This tree is not in the caddy book, and the mulch around it was very fresh as of Monday. This will almost certainly make #6 tougher for some of the pros, but may not impact lesser players much.

Latest posts