• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lizotte's bass drop

I don't think it's unfair to suggest simon could do better, given the level of talent he has. He's probably the most talented disc golfer in the world, but his results haven't born that out.

You see it with professional athletes all the time, young guys who are loaded with talent but can't quite figure out how to compete at the highest level, especially when they are very young. Some guys figure it out and develope into the players they are capable of becoming, some don't.

I like watching simon play, I enjoy his trick shot videos, and I think he has the chops to play at a higher level then he usually does. The 3 are not mutually exclusive.

They are on the same team, but Eagle McMahon is Simon Lizotte only younger, more focused on winning, and American. Simon has been beating him at big events this year, but I think it could very well be different in 2016.

Well to say it's silly for him to focus on trick shots he should focus on the game instead. Is a little like saying he shouldn't be having fun with game.

"All work and no play make Jack a very dull boy"

I wish some of the other players would be more like lizotte on the fun factor. Simon may very well give disc sports more hype with this flying circus thing than what disc golf has ever done for disc sports.

If Simon did a game of horse or some kind of trick shot shoot-out against Brodie Smith (the ultimate frisbee guy,) I bet it would be the most viewed disc golf video on youtube.
A trick shot video with Avery, Simon and Brodie will be coming out tomorrow...they filmed it earlier this year...

train-wreck.jpg

...this thread is.

A trick shot video with Avery, Simon and Brodie will be coming out tomorrow...they filmed it earlier this year...

I expect a new thread, and my Facebook to blow up so I have something to do tomorrow at work.

1. Love the trick shot videos and am a Lizotte fan because of
2. Glad to hear about anything new
3. Brodie is the most famous disc golfer of all time, made a career of object golf cubby aces. An outsider is putting object golf on the map... embrace cubby clips and grow the game. Disc Golf Point Break 2017.

Just watching this video again ... it is kind of surprising how little speed the disc has coming into the basket, especially given how hard it must have been thrown. Almost looks fake.

If Simon can make a living off playing in tournaments and get trick shot vids on espn, i dont care where he places in the tourney. He is very likeable and fun to watch. We need more like him.

Hehe, nice! Right after winning Ledgestone, Simon called out this thread (or at least referring to "people on the internet") saying that he should focus less on trick shots and more on winning. Loved seeing Simon take down a big victory. And as competitive as Paul is, he looked about as happy as he could be for Simon to win.

Will be interesting to see if Simon continues the "lay up game". Trick shots or not, playing a bit more conservative seemed to be the difference this week. Would be great to see it continue and see Simon in a lot more final 9's.

I think they had to play that way because of the stroke and distance rules. And even then he had huge shots when he was allowed to. Congrats to Simon for showing them that you can have fun, AND be talented enough to win it big. :thmbup:

Congrats to Simon! He proved you can have fun and win at same time. Where are all the nay-sayers now? Finding something else to whine and nitpick about, no doubt.

I think the fact that he can throw so far helped when throwing controlled distance.

If you can throw 600' with varying accuracy, then 450-500 with control shouldn't be a problem.

Even simon himself said he would rather win this last0 event vs have millions of yt viewers.

He might not realize how much $ YT videos can make people a month lol.

Congrats to Simon! He proved you can have fun and win at same time. Where are all the nay-sayers now? Finding something else to whine and nitpick about, no doubt.

We're still arguing about Paige Pierce not throwing the round @ worlds, and complaining about her ace on ESPN.

You need help, Rob.

Was going to post this too, but then I thought maybe he read all the whining on this thread and that inspired him to shut that talk down ;)

We're still arguing about Paige Pierce not throwing the round @ worlds, and complaining about her ace on ESPN.

You need help, Rob.

Need I remind you about all your nonsense about wanting to see Simon apply himself, wanting him to do better, blah blah blah? Well here is your chance to man-up and admit perhaps you were a bit harsh. I figured THIS would be your go to response though.