• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longer Leopard??

ReinZ_96

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I did a search on the site and found nothing but, what disc, if any, is like a longer Pro Leopard? I'm looking around speed 10 or 11, maybe 12. On a full drive I'm throwing my Leopards 320-350 on avg. and around 370-390 max if that helps.

River.

That's a tough disc to find b/c faster discs don't really start out with that little fade. EL, River, and Valk are close when they get beat in but a little slower than you're asking. Sidewinder and Roadrunner are good but they tend to start a little too understable sometimes. A Pro Wraith might work but they get pretty squirrely I think.

I'm not sure what you are getting at as I view the Leopard as an ultimate control disc. A Roadrunner would be longer and I think fly like a Leo in distance lines, but I don't know that you can get the control a Leopard gives you.

Vulcan? I'm not much for leos or vulcans, but I've thrown both and they seem similar. Faster than you said ... Avenger SS maybe.

Can you be more specific when you mean faster leopard?

Are you talking in terms of workability, turn, glide, difficulty or lack therof to throw?

hmmm.. maybe a Beast? or actually what about a Discmania TD.. i have only thrown them here and there but did remind me of a long Leo type flight

Maybe a seasoned GL Striker. Very little fade once it's been beat up a bit.

Edit: I've only thrown champ leos so may be a little off.

I know you know your ****, but an Orc is way more stable than a Leopard at those distances...

Really? I find the orc to be hard to flip with low LSS. Kind of how I find the current 2x leo's to be. A DX Orc seems like just the ticket.

Have they changed the Orc mold recently?

EDIT: And he totally said pro leo, huh. Rats. I have nothing.

Really? I find the orc to be hard to flip with low LSS. Kind of how I find the current 2x leo's to be. A DX Orc seems like just the ticket.

Have they changed the Orc mold recently?

You may be right, I guess it has been a while since I've thrown Orc's now that I think of it...not a clue as to what new runs are like, though. Also I was assuming you were referring to premium plastic, a DX seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Latest posts