• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longer Leopard??

SOLS,MOLS, Astra/Archon, beat pro wraith, light star wraith, SurgeSS,Rogue, XS, Z Avenger SS, Valk, vulcan, sidewinder,mamba

I think an archon is fairly similar with my experiences new vs new and worn vs worn... will flip up or turn at first and then has a long straight flight path. I think they match up pretty well as far as fairway / long distance drivers can.

never ever have I heard of Rivers being inconsistent

except in this thread

They were in my experience, most were visably different as well, flat, moderate dome, big dome, also between plastics they were more different than i was assuming they would be.

There really isn'y anything that will be what the leopard really is at higher speeds... There are plenty of good turnover or straight discs at that speed range, but you will sacrafice a little predictability and some control. Do you just want one that will go farther or what? I am pretty confident that if so, you will sacrafice more control that you really gain in useable distance. At 350+/- I think there is still potential to gain some easy D on the leopard. I have gone back and forth many times with lots of discs trying to replace my leopard for something just a little longer and always end up putting the Leopard back in the bag.
If you are determined to try something else, give the avenger SS a shot. They are relatively easy to control and you can crank them a little harder/ maybe farther than a Leopard but like I said: You might not have quite the control of the leopard.

except in this thread
Rivers have a lot of glide. I think that glide will cause a disc to be more susceptible to wind than an disc that gets most of its distance from speed.

except in this thread

I'm not sure that inconsistent between molds is what he meant, but I had some problems with them not being quite as predictable as I would have liked from time to time. I REALLY like the River, and REALLY wanted it to work but I just couldn't achieve predictability as well as I could with the leopard across different levels of power behind my drives and at different distances.

I have not really had a problem with consistency between my rivers, I have two that weigh 173g and one that is 169g. The 173g rivers fly almost exactly the same (one is more worn). The 169g turns over easier and even though it's flatter it has great glide. I guess the takeaway would be that if your looking for consistency with that disc, look for same weight and same dome.

I'm not sure that inconsistent between molds is what he meant, but I had some problems with them not being quite as predictable as I would have liked from time to time. I REALLY like the River, and REALLY wanted it to work but I just couldn't achieve predictability as well as I could with the leopard across different levels of power behind my drives and at different distances.

How long had you been using the Leopard before trying the River? It could have been that you were simply used to the Leopard. The river definitely flies using it's own set of physics...

I feel like the river gets unfairly compared to the leo on the basis that they both have a lot of glide, but other than that they are pretty different in feel, flight and power requirement imo

To me they fit between an eagle and EL with more glide than either, but the hss to me is between those and lss is similar

another vote for the valk -- I'd hand pick one though instead of ordering online. A lot of the new runs are the +plus mold without being labeled as such (quite a bit more fade than a normal valk).

Beast is not a bad option either.