• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest DG Throw Ever-What to throw...

SomeChump

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey all, I'm heading up to the Grand Teton to do some climbing in a bit. I'm thinking about chucking a disc off the summit, probably off the North Face depending on the wind as there are fewer climbers on that side (just in case) and more of a drop off. What disc would you recommend? The vertical drop from the summit to the bottom of "the cliff" is about 3500 feet.

My recommendation would be to throw something that is understable but not flippy for you. If you could throw something that would turn right and eventually come back when it slowed way down. I think if you got anything to overstable it would run out of steam and stall out coming back. I have never tried it so this is just my $.02

you would want a fairly stable disc as it will pick up a lot of speed falling and something flippy will just roll over.

Just make shure when u throw the disc u throw it down .. tward the base of the hill and not stright out.. as it will just plain to one side or the other .. .. but u prlly know that :p

I keep discs that are ruined in some way in the trunk of my car for this same reason!

I have an X-out champ wraith that I used to use as both my long distance driver with big fade, but as my overhead disc. Well I broke an entire limb off a tree and it took a good chunk out of the disc too.

It still flies GREAT backhand...but I just don't trust it as much. But now it's my "Toss off the mountain" disc.

\/\/

someone once told me that it is possible to get a disc to flip over and fade back multiple times when throwing off a mountain ... the disc does it's initial flip and roll, loses speed, fades back, but since it is still dropping, it picks up enough speed to flip back up and roll over ... never had the chance to find out, but it sounds pretty cool if it is true ...

I would suggest this disc...should fly really far

One of those in lime green with a rainbow stamp was donated to the Empire State Seniors Games by an anonymous donor. They gave it to the man that threw our the first disc, a guy that has helped the sport in our state for 40+ years. It was awesome to see.

\/\/

Saw my buddy throw a sidewinder down 18 at solitude, about 400 foot drop, and it was one of the coolest things to watch it go hard right an eventually fade left as it lost speed.

If it lands in a crevasse, a glacier will grind it up to the point where no one will recognize it by the time the glacier spits it out the bottom. Trash bags full of poop are tossed into crevasses all the time on the world's mountains by climbers.

I think I have an old beat eagle...I guess I better make sure my name isn't on it! Maybe I'll toss that.

Latest posts