• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest hole you've played

788', hole 18 at West City in Festus MO. With my weenie arm, I haven't been back.

9 (in the long pin) is around 1000', much longer than 18.

hell i think even the short pin on 9 is 800' and change...

edit: yeah, just checked, 9 in the short is 928', the long is 1013.

so my contribution to the thread is 928', since i've played 9 at west city in the short pin.

and my (i'm guessing) even weenier arm took an 8 on hole 9 in that short pin, so don't feel bad :)

Hole 18 at Pickard in Indianola, IA, supposedly 958':

http://www.playdg.com/courses/?s=IA&c=pickard&h=18

958 feet up hill...or at least for the first 650 or so of it.

I'm not sure of the exact distances, but there are two holes that are close to that (at least 850+) at McHose Park in Boone. Hole 4 is a hyzer down a sledding hill then an anny along the woods a little up hill to the basket. Hole 8 is a shot across a stream followed by a brutal tunnel to the pin.

there have been a couple tournaments on an old converted golf course in lansing, mi where they kept the "longest par five" ball golf hole in michigan at 597yards as one dg hole. yes, that's 1791ft. completely ridiculous but i threw it. it was bad...

there have been a couple tournaments on an old converted golf course in lansing, mi where they kept the "longest par five" ball golf hole in michigan at 597yards as one dg hole. yes, that's 1791ft. completely ridiculous but i threw it. it was bad...

Is this a permanent course or a temporary setup? Reason I ask is there's a private course in Georgia that claims to have the "Longest Hole in the World" at 1600 feet. It's up a grass airplane runway, and is set at par 7. If there's a permanent hole that's claming 1791 feet, Kelly at Flyboy might have to lengthen his runway hole. ;)

pinto lake. cant remember hole, something like 1200 ft. in an open field, couldn't even see what i was shooting at.

Is this a permanent course or a temporary setup? Reason I ask is there's a private course in Georgia that claims to have the "Longest Hole in the World" at 1600 feet. It's up a grass airplane runway, and is set at par 7. If there's a permanent hole that's claming 1791 feet, Kelly at Flyboy might have to lengthen his runway hole. ;)

it's just temporary, they only open it maybe twice a year.

Mission Trails Golf Course in San Diego had a course on it for a few years put in by Reese Swinea of Fly 18. I played ball golf there a lot too. Every hole was super long. The par 5 hole #14 was flat but 1500 feet long. I threed it once with two huge roller approach shots on the short fairways. Rollers go forever on golf fairways!