• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Longest midrange plastic?

Depending on the line you need, I can get a Comet to go really far. The Warship (VIP) is slightly overstable and can really glide, with the Tursas being its understable counterpart. Both get great distance, but honestly, the fairway drivers are also an option. I sometimes switch my Warship out with a Buzzz and throw one of my Teebirds instead if my Buzzz can't get there.

Thanks, but wouldn't the M4 be longer and faster? Why M3? will keep an eye out for Pro Roc's I think, there probably is some medium size/Hybrid rims out there in Rocs?

The M4 could possibly farther, but it wont do so on the same line. The m4 is going to be turning to the right (rhbh) pretty good if you crush it.

The M3 brand new will behave more like a roc or buzzz when brand new.

The M4 could possibly farther, but it wont do so on the same line. The m4 is going to be turning to the right (rhbh) pretty good if you crush it.

The M3 brand new will behave more like a roc or buzzz when brand new.

so M4 more like a Roc 3 I imagine. It will probably have that extra D from turn and if thrown high enough will fade back instead of finish on its line?

Good info and thanks.

That's when a slow, overstable fairway driver comes in really handy. They go about midrange distance but are very wind resistant and easy to range. Whippets or Banshees fill that role nicely.

Thats a very appreciated tip. Makes sense and will try it.
Thought I saw a guy throwing a Roc of some run that had a very whippet or banshee like wing the other day, or am I crazy?

Thats a very appreciated tip. Makes sense and will try it.
Thought I saw a guy throwing a Roc of some run that had a very whippet or banshee like wing the other day, or am I crazy?

There are no rocs with a driver wing. There are classic rocs that are a fast putter, the three molds of regular rocs (san marino, ontario and rancho) that are slower mids and the roc3 which is a slightly faster mid.

I don't know how many mids that go really far have come out recently.

But last I checked, the Westside Warship was the disc speed 6 and under that went the furthest.

I carry a Warship in each plastic, VIP if you're only going to get one.

so M4 more like a Roc 3 I imagine. It will probably have that extra D from turn and if thrown high enough will fade back instead of finish on its line?

Good info and thanks.

A roc3 is more like the m2. The m4 should come back if you give it enough height.

Gonna have to go +1 on the recommendation to bump to fairway drivers. FWD will give an extra 50-75ft, fly lower/tighter, and be faster. A leopard or eagle is a good place to start if you like rocs.

A roc3 is more like the m2. The m4 should come back if you give it enough height.

Very similar straight flights on a hyzer flip to flat at max power. My M2 will always fade harder on last 25ft or so compared to Roc3 which goes straight to the end when thrown the same. The trick is throwing that shot consistantly wit accuracy (I am still working on that). Just my exp.

Gonna have to go +1 on the recommendation to bump to fairway drivers. FWD will give an extra 50-75ft, fly lower/tighter, and be faster. A leopard or eagle is a good place to start if you like rocs.

Cyclone's have a closer feel to a roc, with their bead. They also finish straighter, in my experience.

According to inbounds this whole thread looks different, except maybe for the warship...

Yeah, I throw an Eagle and a TeeBird already, but was looking for a blunter wing for windy play on a specific course.

yes. This ^^

According to inbounds this whole thread looks different, except maybe for the warship...

What he said seems accurate. ^^

Westside warship seems to be best and most legit disc reccomended here, besides slower speed fairway like discs like whippets or banshees.

Have you tried a Goldline or Zero Hard Mace? They are just like Rocs and have that Swedish glide so you might be able to pump it out a little farther

Of those I've thrown it's Warship, but Flying Squirrel is also supposed to be quite long for a mid.

Have you tried a Goldline or Zero Hard Mace? They are just like Rocs and have that Swedish glide so you might be able to pump it out a little farther

No, Started in April and working my way through Innova Plastics still. Only other Plastic I have thrown so far is a Legacy Rival and it seemed like a Teebird clone to me.
Swedish Glide, Haha. I am probably going to see about a WS Warship. Seems like that hybrid, half driver and half mid wing is exactly what I was looking for, with swedish glide to boot.

Yeah, I throw an Eagle and a TeeBird already, but was looking for a blunter wing for windy play on a specific course.

Have you tried something like a Trident? It's technically a fairway, but it's a very short fairway, has a blunt nose and flies fantastic into headwinds. Otherwise the recommendation of a Warship is a good one. You'll want a very heavy one in VIP plastic.

Latest posts