• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a "driving" putter

Wizard... I dont even throw them and I know they are the best Throwing putters... /Thread!

I currently put with Virbram VP's and I have a Zone in the bag for utility, but I don't really have anything for driving that I like. The VP rim is too deep for how I would drive and the Zone is just to stable. I'm not the biggest fan anymore of Wizards so those are out, but what are some good putters for driving? I was looking at the Rhyno, but I'm not as knowledgeable in putters so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Try taking a look at Pures. I haven't thrown one but they are more shallow than a lot of traditional putters, but have a nice neutral stability from what I hear.

You could also try a Vibram Ridge. It doesn't have as much glide as I look for in a driving putter but it would feel similar to your VP, but more shallow with less bead.

Rhynos aren't bad but IMO are more of a utility approach disc than a go to driving putter. Not as much glide as an ion / Wiz / aviar.

Try taking a look at Pures. I haven't thrown one but they are more shallow than a lot of traditional putters, but have a nice neutral stability from what I hear.

Considering how much you throw putters, I'm surprised you haven't tried an Opto Pure yet.

Big Bead Omega AP is nice also.

The other day I was throwing some sexy 270' turnovers with my r-pro Dart. They're fun.

Last edited:
I actually drove some rpro darts a lot last night and really enjoyed them. Extremely straight, nice glide, and they go really far.

Darts used to be really popular around NC a few years ago.

I'm loving my R-Pro Rhyno. They beat in faster, so they fly longer and straighter as they age. Threw it in big wind yesterday and it was awesome. The stiff ones from the Innova Pro Shop are gems too.

I have tried magnets, aviars, darts, xd, challenger, anode, ion, judge, wizards, warlocks, and others...

the one i found to work best is:

Ion

I prefer the premium plastic of the Ions for driving purposes, the only putter i will drive with.. i can bomb them on a good clean throw over 300', maybe a little more, i have never measured it exactly.

Innova XD's are a disc that gets overlooked a lot but it's essentially the same mold as the pure, only it came out much earlier. Super reliable and so tasty in DX plastic.

I've often wondered about the similarity b/w the Pure and XD. then Innova started putting out + mold XD's and I got wary.

I've often wondered about the similarity b/w the Pure and XD. then Innova started putting out + mold XD's and I got wary.

Aren't most lat discs +rims? I know the river is.

Latest posts