• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Looking for a mid range

Z Buzzz would be an excellent choice. If you want more glide, check out a Legacy Gauge. I recently started practicing with a Gauge, and it's got some effortless distance. That said, a Z Buzzz is still my go to for a straight mid. You just have to put a bit more into it to get the distance

z buzzz is awesome, but I like my MVP Axiom better for similar shots. I can get more D out of the MVP when I need it.

I just got a Verdict a couple weeks ago. Works great so far. If you're looking for a very stable mid, give it a try.

I currently bag a set of discraft mids. Pro D Drone, Z Wasp, Z Buzzz, ESP Meteor. I can cover every shot with all of them. Drone for stupid OS, windy days, and such. Wasp is a shaper, forehand-out of trouble mid. Buzzz as the workhorse. Meteor for things that need to go right. I know most will probably say 4 molds is too much, but, I guess I just disagree!

Cheers!

My mids are OS to US are a Z drone, champ Roc3, N Tangent and ESP Meteor and I use mine in similar slots. So I'm with you on the 4 mids.

MD2 is also really nice, easy to keep straight, a bit slower and IMO easier to throw and control than the buzzz. Plus I hate beads so it's just comfy compared to a roc

comet is very stable/straight and glides way too damm long. sounds like what you want

If you cant throw far to start with mids are pointless. Learn to throw your putter like you have been doing in your other thread. Find a nice mid weight understable fairway driver and use it tandem with your putt/approach discs.

I will admit... I dont like mids at all. I only bag one...a 175 DX Cobra. I like it because it is closer in depth and feel to a fairway disc but, I dont pull it out often.

Get proficient with that putter for it is the most versatile disc in your bag (except on windy days). Somedays it is so windy I use a stable driver to throw low approaches to the pin to prevent the wind catching/carrying/floating a deeper disc away.

This is your game after all, try stuff, throw stuff, use what works for YOUR game, course, and the shot at hand.

How far are you throwing?

A lot of those on your list could fly straight for you if you're throwing with low power and could turn with higher power.

All you really need is a Truth. Straight, stable, and glidey.

Later on you can get a Verdict for more overstable and a Fuse for understable, or get a classic hard Truth and slowly beat it in to understable.

X Buzzz. When it beats in and starts turning over, get a KC Roc for overstable duty. Or just get one N. Axis and make it do everything.

You should start with the Elite Z Buzzz. Well loved Mid by many.

Others that have worked adequately for me:

Aftershock
Squall (but this is less stable, not more)

Other suggestions:

Legacy Ghost
MVP Vector