• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a new putter

I am looking for something long and glidey like a condor in a soft plastic. What should I be looking at?
Based on what you've written, I'd recommend a Gateway Voodoo in SuperSoft.

The Voodoo is a very straight putter, it glides on the line you release it on with minimal fade. It's a shallow putter, so it doesn't have quite the glide that a deeper putter would have. The SuperSoft plastic is soft without being floppy. If you like floppy, go SSS or RFF with your plastic choice.

The Voodoo holds the line well in a headwind, with the slight adjustment of keeping the nose flat instead of my usual slightly nose-up putt.

For upshots I like a putter with less glide though, so I throw a Harp.

So true, Neutron and Proton don't grab chains at all, I would for sure stay away from those not to mention the glide, well there is little compared to other putters.

SHUT UP. seriously. You spew out so much BS.

I have used ions for nearly 3 years without anymore spit outs than any other person ive played with who most use "baseline" :| and if they didn't glide how can I throw an ion 300' on a hyzer, straight, or anhyzer-- same with any of the MVP putters which are probably the best driving putters in the game regardless of the mold you pick or plastic.

Neutron plastic is no different than a harder DX blend but it starts out with some glossy sheen. I would put good $ on the fact many people who dislike or say things like this about MVP putters just don't REALLY know.

Velveteen no sheen grippy goodness that still walk like new shoes YA DIG?! ;)

Message_1430008943812.jpg

If you think neutron plastic doesn't have grip or doesn't glide or whateverrrrrr-- like I said, you just don't even know.

I agree with BirdieMachine, and I have 5 MVP/Axiom discs in my full time bag plus an all MVP/Axiom bag. Putting with neutron and Proton was miserable. I did much better with the Atoms, but not well enough to keep them full time putting.

I don't know how I forgot the Innova Aero. I don't know what else in the top 5 but the Aero has to be.

I agree with BirdieMachine, and I have 5 MVP/Axiom discs in my full time bag plus an all MVP/Axiom bag. Putting with neutron and Proton was miserable. I did much better with the Atoms, but not well enough to keep them full time putting.

I agree with PMantle here. I have an Envy, Proxy and Atom in my bag(as well as a few drivers) but they are all throwers for me. I tried putting with an Envy and the Atom and didn't settle in with putters until I started using some other baseline putters(Mercy then P2).

Aero's are stupid glidey, but don't have THE putter shape (all the Aviars and their clones). Much of the same could be said about the Dart.

The Pro D Zeppelin is also probably near the top, but again is not a traditional shape.

For normal putters, I'd put the Ion/Anode among the glidiest.

Wow, mine dropped with the quickness.

You didn't activate the GYRO power bräu!

But OP, I would honestly look for a putter that you can:

1. Find easily, especially locally.
2. Find cheaply
3. Find in multiple plastics for putting (base) and throwing (base and premo)

The Dx Aviar you are already using should be packing some glide, and will only get straighter and glidier with use. Plus you can literally find them anywhere, in any plastic, for cheap.

Maybe just go and pick up a bunch of Dx Aviars, maybe some lighter ones and just practice your tail off! :thmbup:

*Crap, I want to pull my Dx Aviars from storage and start using them again lol. Dang you!

Last edited:
Resist the urge, Wizard power!

#stickputts

But seriously, a stack of DX Aviars is a great suggestion... Straight, glidey, cheap, and easy to find.

what are te top five putters with the most glide?

Interesting question. Most of them aren't used as putters by most people. We aren't talking catch discs, are we (Wham-O molds)? Or Zephyrs? What about Polecats, Sonics, and Birdies? Zeppelin ...

I think the Voodoo and Reef glide as well or better than anything else I've putted with. But my 150g Polecat ... glide machine.

It's a little too overstable to compete heads up with these discs, but for that overstability, the Banger GT seems to glide really well.

You didn't activate the GYRO power bräu!

But OP, I would honestly look for a putter that you can:

1. Find easily, especially locally.
2. Find cheaply
3. Find in multiple plastics for putting (base) and throwing (base and premo)

The Dx Aviar you are already using should be packing some glide, and will only get straighter and glidier with use. Plus you can literally find them anywhere, in any plastic, for cheap.

Maybe just go and pick up a bunch of Dx Aviars, maybe some lighter ones and just practice your tail off! :thmbup:

*Crap, I want to pull my Dx Aviars from storage and start using them again lol. Dang you!

The local stores have pretty much everything so finding something localy isn't a problem. I have tried several putters and keep going back to the aviar. Maybe I am looking for the "magic" disc and already have it. I am really interested in the swan and summit. One of my friends picked up a few axiom discs the other day so I might be able to try out the putter before I make a choice. Putting with my rhyno requires a bit of snap, the aviar a little snap, and the condor you just look at it and it flies long and straight. How much power to get a swan and summit on a straight line?

If you want a super Glidey putter in a traditional feel maybe look at the dagger? I threw one once and it had crazy glide.

SHUT UP. seriously. You spew out so much BS.

I have used ions for nearly 3 years without anymore spit outs than any other person ive played with who most use "baseline" :| and if they didn't glide how can I throw an ion 300' on a hyzer, straight, or anhyzer-- same with any of the MVP putters which are probably the best driving putters in the game regardless of the mold you pick or plastic.

Neutron plastic is no different than a harder DX blend but it starts out with some glossy sheen. I would put good $ on the fact many people who dislike or say things like this about MVP putters just don't REALLY know.

Velveteen no sheen grippy goodness that still walk like new shoes YA DIG?! ;)

View attachment 53887

If you think neutron plastic doesn't have grip or doesn't glide or whateverrrrrr-- like I said, you just don't even know.

Yeah I know because I throw them, as a putting putter a Neutron Envy or Proxy? Terrible.

Maybe you need to get out and play a bit and you'd figure it out too. :doh:

Some of these suggestions have been pretty good but if you're comfortable with the Aviar just pick up one in a lighter weight. Try one in the 165-168 range just for long runs.

Latest posts