• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Looking for a specific TeeBird/TL

Aubin

Par Member
I usually carry 3 or 4 teebirds/TL's, from roller flippy (beat DX) to slighlty OS (Champ).

I always have 2 TL's in between, but I'm picky about my TL's... i only like the flat, gummy ones from about 3 or 4 years ago. they are stable enough to hold a flat true line and have a slight fade, then beat in to a slow turning or hyzer flip disc.

Problem is, i've run out of new fresh old TL's. all of my stash now have a slight turn to them. :\

how are the current runs of star TL's? how is the new non-plus champ TL? Val TL?

I've tried beating in champ/star TeeBirds and just couldn't get one in that perfect 'good new TL' spot.

Not trying to start a war, but the new pinnacle patriots are damn near perfect for that straight line holding fairway with slight fade. They're a bit more domed than your TLs but they're really nice.

The new Champ TL's are very nice, however I just took mine out of the bag so I can do more field work with it. There are times when it seems to slip out of my hand early, I dont know if its me or the slight slickness of the disc. Maybe it just needs to get beat a bit more before it works itself back in.

Personally, I'd recommend switching one of the TL's to a Leopard (one of the stable/understable) because if you throw a hyzer flip with a Leopard, the flight will look like a TL, with the advantage of being able to make the disc end going left or right depending on your angle.

For a new TL, get something lighter (165-169g) in Star or Champion. Star should make it to the sweetspot faster.

Not trying to start a war, but the new pinnacle patriots are damn near perfect for that straight line holding fairway with slight fade. They're a bit more domed than your TLs but they're really nice.

After I lost my last star tl I replaced it with a stalker. But this week after throwing the legacy icon rival the stalker is out of the bag. Love the rival. Threw patriot a couple times and it was a bit more stable than I thought it would be but still flipped over nice with good fade. Really interested in the prodigy f7.

Kindda along the same lines, What do people look for when picking out a "good" TL? I use TL's as my main Fairway and 2 volts and a fury as distance drivers. All three I have were traded to me so I never had to pick one out. I use a beat up SE "Teebird" for US. Newish Star TL for a tight S curve and a Proto stamp champ TL for dead nuts straight shots. I wanna pick up some backups and am also wondering how a regular champ and Val Jenkins flies. Any help would be awesome.

preferrably i like them flatter and to start out more stable so you can beat them in to the sweet spot. there's been so many runs of them you can't really say well if you find one that looks and feels like this it'll be what you want. you really just have to get some that feel good in your hand and hope it flies good for you.

another thing to consider is that sometimes the kind of TL and the flight i want is not what you want and people get caught up in saying certain kinds are better than the others and that's not really true for everyone.

the best way for me and guys who have more power go about finding what we want is we either get the late run CE's or we find some CAL's. those are flatter, feel amazing and start out nice and stable so they beat in to right what we want. older CFR's usually fall in that category as well although not all of those are always as stable and flat as i like them to be.

i havent thrown any of the new production runs yet but the ones ive seen have been to domey for my liking. they might fly good but i like them to fit in my hand a certain way.