• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for Form Critique

El_Chapo

I've been playing for nearly 9 months now. My form has come a long way but there are clearly a lot of improvements to make. I maxed out today throwing 410' slightly downhill. Usually, I can throw drivers 325' - 375', mids 275' - 315', putters 250' - 280'.

My apologies for not having a view from behind, just the side. These were two different throws with Paul's Proto Hades both throws went about 350 - 375 with a pretty much flat release.

Any and all critiques and tips would be much appreciated!

Slow down! Work on your swing efficiency without the x-step and extra moving parts and speed. You have already maxed your forward speed and not transferring that energy efficiently into your swing.

You are doing the hokey pokey sticking your right leg out before you drive off the rear leg. Rear leg needs to drive or set the front leg down. Head needs to stay upright balanced inside your posture/feet - you are leaning way back over/behind your rear foot away from target which also sends the front leg out ahead in the stride to counter balance.

If you are striding down the stairs feel how your rear leg needs to be upright and then controlling the hanging Dingle Leg drop of the front leg into the plant. If you go to your bottom stair, you can make a longer stride, feel how your rear leg sets the front foot down and controls the distance of your passive Dingle or dangling front leg from the hip into plant - any distance you want, not your front leg stepping or reaching out to the plant.