• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for good Overstable Drivers for headwinds

RocBob

I currently am throwing approx 400' max with my maxweight orc but am looking for some Overstable drivers for headwinds. I get gusts from 25-40 mph at some of my local courses and need some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

In a headwind of 25-40 mph the orc, wraith and even my xcaliber tend to flip on me and head off right with a RH BH throw. I'm looking for something that will finish left in a headwind on a big throw. PS. love the ink job on your avatar.

DiscerBob said:
In a headwind of 25-40 mph the orc, wraith and even my xcaliber tend to flip on me and head off right with a RH BH throw. I'm looking for something that will finish left in a headwind on a big throw. PS. love the ink job on your avatar.
Like Frank said, Firebird and C-PD2 are great choices, though you'll have to hurry a bit with the C-PD2's, they're going OOP to be replaced with S-PD2's. If you don't know what a PD2 is, it's basically a slightly faster, beefier XCal.

If you want extreme overstability along with speed, the Z Nuke OS won't let you down in any wind, but be warned, it's almost silly overstable.

And thanks, it was my fourth dye and first try at a slightly more elaborate one.

Yeah, I have a Nuke OS and the only reason it's in my bag is it makes for an amazing skip disc. RH with a good downward flick it'll go a proper 90 degrees right around tight corners. It is a seriously crazy OS disc.

Latest posts