• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Lost 11X Firebird. What should I replace it with?

The tourney stamped glow champ firebirds fly a lot like 11x firebirds.

Yup get a new 12x firebird with the kenny stamp on it, thats what I use and they are super flat and overstable and awesome.

I'm with everyone else, those new Flat 12x Firebirds are super stable. It's like throwing a plank of wood.

Often times you can find some of the glow fbirds that are being done for tournaments that compare closely to the 11x. Extremely flat and overstable. That would be your best bet if you are not looking to pay 11x prices.

Funnily enough, I just lost my CFR Glow Champ Firebird (at Seatac BTW) and I've replaced it with an 11x that a friend had. It's pretty much exactly the same.

+1 vote for the new 12x's.

DD had some at glass blown, they were flat and stiff but still kinda grippy. they had some that were clear and some cloudy, i thought the cloudy ones were a little softer and felt better. i regret not buying 3 or 4...

Throw what you know! the 11x firebird flat FB marked are going for 25-30 CE 50-85 and proline not too far behind. go with the 11x FB marked ones.

but if you change i would go with proline monsters...they are great feeling plastic uber stable and cheap.

the flat glows are getting popular and harder and harder to find.

if you don't want to give your wallet a broken leg by getting another 11x, i find that 12x, pre-numbers (same layout and fonts on stamp as the Eleven time, except it says Twelve) are pretty darn overstable and dependable.

usually flatter than later 12x runs and non-Kenny's too.

DD brought some of the flat flight numbers firebirds to the CAC. I picked up five. They are more stable than 12x of course but don't seem quite as overstable as my flat-top glow firebirds.

i replaced mine with a glow champ last year and it is still as OS as when i got it. A buddy just picked up a new 12x (with the Kenny stamp) and it flies the same but with more dome. So, whichever of those is easier to find/cheaper. Hell, you could get one of each for the price of an 11x. Also, I think the Innova Factory Store had some F2 (11x) FBs; not sure if they still have them...

So I lost my baby. It was a red 11X Firebird. Very overstable and dependable. It always did what I wanted it to do. Now I don't know what to do. Here are my options:

Bite the bullet and get another 11X,

Just get a 12X,

Just use the star monstor I found the same day I lost my baby,

Switch to a Pred, XXX, Banshee, Flick, Max, ETC

Probably been said already but I didnt look. The new 12x's are just as flat as the 11x's just need to buy one of the new runs...

I got a Star FB the other day and it's an O/S pig.
Call up one of the online vendors and tell them you want an uber-flat Champ or Star (Marshall Street, GGGT, DD or DGC), or go by a local store and feel them up.
It looks like Innova has been making some flat ones lately.

Having said that, I haven't found anything that is as O/S as my Glow Champ...

Update: I started throwing the Star Monster I had found and actually liked it except is had too much glide and often went too far and not quite overstable enough. I stopped in a PIA sports and on top of the used bin was an 8/10 pearly Pro-Line Monster for 8.99 which I bought. I also picked up a new 12X Firebird but not one of the new flat ones. I actually found an older run 12X that was soft and grippy. I also borrowed my wifes Z Pred and headed to the park with all four discs for some side by side testing.

At the end of the day I put the Firebird in the bag. It was the most consistent, accurate, and most over-stable both high and low speed stable. It always seemed to follow the line I was wanting. The pred was too long and straight before fading. The Pro-Line monster was a very close second in fact both it and the 12X Firebird were often laying within 10' of each other.

you could use the Monster

you could get a XXX

the newer champ FBs I have seen have been very stiff, very flat, no glide and very overstable

so if you can hand pick at a store you can get a "good" FB still

I think this is solid. I looked at our local store that just got in a batch of innova and the new FBs were super flat. Seems very similar to 11x without the price tag.

Cheers - Koffee

I might suggest a Gateway Blaze. I've just begun to throw these and find some similarities with my firebirds...It's an overstable fairway driver that has been great for rollers and overhand shots as well.

Latest posts