• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost discs, Maybe someone here can help.

Hey everyone,

My first time posting here and i was hoping to get some intel from the forum here. (Also need to vent my frustration)

I have been playing for a year or so and have been trying to get out as much as possible. Been getting better slowly and i just had the unfortunate experience of losing 2 discs in 2 days and i really didnt know if anyone on here can help or if there is anything else i can do. I just heard about this site from a friend and thought it couldn't hurt to post.

Here is what went missing.

Innova Star TL - Orange, Lost this on hole 8 or 9 at Beaver Island State Park in NY on Thursday 7/29. Cant remember the exact number but Its the first hole just over the bridge. Lost it in the bushes 100ft up to the left. It has my email on it.

Latitude 64 Vision - Red, This one im really pissed about. At myself. This disc was 4 days old, second time i brought it out was friday 7/30. Lost it between hole 7 and 9 at Churchville Park, Churchville, NY. Didnt throw it, but it got out of my bag somehow! :doh: NO idea how this happened. Noticed it was gone Monday when i went to throw it. Went back, no disc, but the lawn was mowed so i don't know. This one has my email and number on it. :wall:

Any info would be much appreciated.

Kirk

Welcome to the site. I'd suggest posting on a local message board if there is one, much more likely to get a response that way, but hopefully someone emails you.

This site also has a great Marketplace. One of the forum categories, where you can buy, sell and trade for discs. You can check out discs there and often find what you need.

Good luck!

welcome, and you will be lucky if you get them back

There is a reason many of us own over a hundred discs. Don't get attached to something your throwing hundreds of feet blindly threw the woods and over ponds.

i looks like i made this mega thread but i didnt.

go back to where you think you lost it with a machete...don't stop hacking the brush till you find it...or a bunch of other people's discs, then you can call them and return theirs, get some good word of mouth about you...maybe you'll see your lost one resurface

There is a relatively new course around here called Pickerington DGC. It has garnered a reputation for eating discs.

I had found 6 discs there and lost none (and feelin' damn good about it) until last week.

I lost a Memorial ESP Nuke AND my favorite disc of the past 3 years, a perfectly beat Z Surge. That Surge truly hurt. It was definitely my go-to disc for controlled distance shots. It was the oldest disc in my bag. And that's all I have to say about that...

Just lost a First RUn Z FLick @ Bear Creek in Grapevine, Tx. Think it was a few days ago, but not sure what hole. I went to throw it yesterday and it was gone.

I left a sweet pearly purple Star Destroyer on #15 at White Birch Park in St Louis a few weeks ago. Initials and number on it... no call yet.
In the worst way I simply left it at the lie (failed to use my mini!) and walked off after an exciting approach. I aced the next hole and didn't even realize until arriving at Endicott down the road (euphoria I guess as I've playing a long time and only aced in the last year, 2 total). I didn't go back for it as I left it lying there, in plain view for the very next player. I was expecting a call. Mixed emotions, I guess.

since this april, I've lost a champ teebird, a Champ wraith, an opto striker and an opto riot.

I've since replaced the teebird and wraith with star plastic and havent looked back. The striker never worked out for me as a replacement for the lost teebird anyway. I liked that riot though. sigh

I played the new course http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3925in Iron River MI on tuesday. On hole 5, I shanked my #1 driver (valk) into the rough. I've often thought about carrying a machete with me, but here, it would have been worthless. No room to swing it. Only a chain saw would have worked. I came out battered and down about a pint of blood. On the next hole, I shanked another one and when I got to the spot where it went in, I took one look and said "screw it". 2 lost in one day. That's as many as I've lost all year. :(

so i found a disc in a hole in a tree:thmbup:, and picked it up then when i got home i realized that it may have been a drop spot for someone making a trade:doh:. There are only initials on the disc any thoughts on what i should do?

so i found a disc in a hole in a tree:thmbup:, and picked it up then when i got home i realized that it may have been a drop spot for someone making a trade:doh:. There are only initials on the disc any thoughts on what i should do?

throw it and see if its any good

Latest posts