• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Went out for a round today at my course, using just my River and a couple of mids to try and hone my control. It had gotten kinda windy and, and on my last hole, tried to hyzer flip my River but the wind caught it and took it into this tree. I thought oh well it was pretty obvious where it was plus it's a gold disc so it should be easy to find. Scoured the entire tree and the entire hole (just in case) for 25-30 minutes until I am walking back from pin towards the tee and see my disc laying face down on the bottom branch of the tree I was looking through :wall:

I bought an Aerobie Epic two years ago because, why not? I haven't thrown it in forever, but I decided to take it to the park today to show my buddies who hadn't seen one before. On hole 9 I try to tomahawk it over a big tree in the center of the fairway and it gets stuck 30 feet up in a tree next to the next teebox. We spent 5 minutes trying to get it out of the tree by throwing my water bottle at it, only to get the water bottle stuck once. I gave up and said I'd come back later.

After the round I went back and threw my water bottle at the damn Epic some more, only to get the water bottle stuck twice more. I even got it hooked on a twig by the caribiner on the bottle. Almost impossible to get down, but i found a big stick nearby to poke it with. After getting my water back a third time I left, leaving the disc in the tree.

15 minutes later as I was driving to meet some friends for dinner I get a call from another guy who was playing at the park today who managed to get the disc out of the tree after I left. He wanted to know if I wanted to come back for it and I said no, I don't want the ****ing thing, keep it. And he said "I don't want a ****ing epic! I'll have it in my car next time I see you"

Looks like I'm stuck with it!

Losers or litterbugs?

I wish people would put their phone number on their cigarette butts.

I think if someone fishes your disc out of the water they gain ownership.

If you give up looking for your disc you release ownership.

Losers or litterbugs?
I wish people would put their phone number on their cigarette butts.
I think if someone fishes your disc out of the water they gain ownership.
If you give up looking for your disc you release ownership.

Some people seem to think cigarette butts don't count as litter. I've even had guests throw them in my yard even though I provide an ash tray on the back patio.

I disagree with your other two statements. Even though I might be inclined to relinquish possession if they're kind enough to call, I should be afforded the decision.

Curtis

15 minutes later as I was driving to meet some friends for dinner I get a call from another guy who was playing at the park today who managed to get the disc out of the tree after I left. He wanted to know if I wanted to come back for it and I said no, I don't want the ****ing thing, keep it. And he said "I don't want a ****ing epic! I'll have it in my car next time I see you"

Looks like I'm stuck with it!

My friend throws them if you don't want it lol

Nothing makes me madder than hearing that someone found my disc and kept it without calling. This has happened twice in the last few weeks. They better hope I never find them.

269217_505727986150077_1938850803_n.jpg

:D

I was at staying at Bellows AFB (Oahu) at the end of January. They have a 9 hole course (which is actually a 5 hole since 4 holes are fenced off) so I brought a Buzz and a Cyclone so I could play it. On the first day there, my bro and I were tossing my ESP/FLX Buzz around on the beach when a toss went into the water. It sank Immediately of course. I went running in to grab it but the search mission was cancelled by a life guard on account of the beach being closed due to high bacteria levels. So one of my favorite discs was lost on the first day in Hawaii. I had my name and number on it and asked the lifeguards to keep an eye out for it. After a week of no discs washing ashore, I officially tagged it as lost.

A month and a half later, I get a call from Hawaii. A diver who went treasure diving, spotted my disc under a reef somewhere. The current had taken it out to a place the locals call "Garbage Reef". Dude is mailing it back to me!! Still can't believe it.

UPDATE! Just got my baby in the mail today. Gave her a fly and shes just like new. A little faded but not warped. Still can't believe I'm holding it again!! :thmbup:

That's amazing! Talk about someone going out of there way to get a disc back to you...ocean diver gives a DGer a call back and some aholes who wade around in a pond for an hour or so can't call people back. That's just sad!

That's amazing! Talk about someone going out of there way to get a disc back to you...ocean diver gives a DGer a call back and some aholes who wade around in a pond for an hour or so can't call people back. That's just sad!

Yeah pretty sad right? It also helps that %99 of Hawaiians have no idea what Disc Golf is since they have but 1 5 hole course on a restricted military base haha.

Found a Beast at River City Nature Park no phone # if you think it's yours pm the color and hole you think you lost it on. It's gummy too so I'm sure someone is missing it.

I find a lot of discs (sometimes because I am willing to go swimming where others aren't), and it always baffles me when I find a disc with a name but no phone #. Like you really couldn't spend the time to write out 10 extra digits. I do not try to find these people, but I will call or email anyone that writes their # or address.

One time I looked up a PDGA # on a disc I found at Burlington in NC. Lo and behold it was MJ! He was at the tourney where I found the disc, but it was a Viking and he had switched to DC already, so he didn't actually lose it at that tourney, it was just a weird coincidence. I asked him about it next time I saw him at a tourney and he confirmed that he had not lost it at the previous one and told me to keep it. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Last edited:
We were playing manor the other day and a friend of mine found a disc in a tree on the right side of the fairway on hole #8 (it wasn't near the hole on #8 :)). I checked it out and it was a proto Prodigy D2 (I think), with what looks very much like Will Schusterick's sig in silver ink on the back. No phone number or email address though, so I don't think it is my friend's responsibility to try to return it. I imagine Will has a ton of these already anyway, and it obviously isn't a disc that has been with him for years. It is a super-sick disc though, and almost brand-new.

So is it cool for my friend to keep it or do you think he should try to get it back to Will? Also, can anyone confirm that Will did in fact lose/leave a disc on #8 in Manor?

Your best bet was probably just to announce on here that you found a disc...and where you found it and have people email you if they think it was theirs..and they could tell you what disc and color, but your kind of already messed some of that up by letting us know what it was!

Just lost a 7.5/10 9x Cheetah and a flat top 11x Firebird at Griffin in Norman, Oklahoma. Not the happiest I've been. Threw a special blend Boss and sparkle champ TB back to back into a lake the week before as well. Never thrown a disc in the lake on that hole before, then 2 back to back. I think I need to start using paper plates instead... :/

Lost a team Innova champ roc today at liberty park in Cerritos,CA. Has Bobby Musick's name and PDGA number on it. Be on the lookout I really want it back.

Latest posts