• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

I was at staying at Bellows AFB (Oahu) at the end of January. They have a 9 hole course (which is actually a 5 hole since 4 holes are fenced off) so I brought a Buzz and a Cyclone so I could play it. On the first day there, my bro and I were tossing my ESP/FLX Buzz around on the beach when a toss went into the water. It sank Immediately of course. I went running in to grab it but the search mission was cancelled by a life guard on account of the beach being closed due to high bacteria levels. So one of my favorite discs was lost on the first day in Hawaii. I had my name and number on it and asked the lifeguards to keep an eye out for it. After a week of no discs washing ashore, I officially tagged it as lost.

A month and a half later, I get a call from Hawaii. A diver who went treasure diving, spotted my disc under a reef somewhere. The current had taken it out to a place the locals call "Garbage Reef". Dude is mailing it back to me!! Still can't believe it.

That is to cool defintaly one of the best disc return stories I've heard. What makes it even better is that a possible non DG'r took the time to call you and we still have people in the DG world who dont share that same respect.:doh:

I know I've had at least 2 discs of mine with my name and number on them found on my local course and I've still yet to get a call back. It is disappointing to know a disc was found and not returned. :(

People not calling the number on a disc make me want to rage. Even if you went diving and took time to fish them out of the water you should still call. I know at one of my local courses some of those water holes get ran sacked on an almost daily bases. Doesn't give a guy a lot of time to come back the next day or later to try and get his disk. Plus, there's the whole it's basically stealing thing.

Orange creamsicle magic left back at Bird's Nest

Left behind my Magic with the IceBowl stamp. No calls, yet, I am pretty sure I labeled it. Pulled a stinky white DX Valkyrie out of putrid water at interlocken a few days later.

If it has a number, call. Isn't that what you want? I'm at 50% for discs I lost, and I have returned about 20% of the ones I found because of missing #s.

Discs I find usually get decorated with sharpies, and are turned into trophies for the Shootout at The Junkyard. I don't want bad karma sitting around in my bag!

I was playing hole #5 at Edora DGC in Fort Collins, CO about a month ago and the hole was playing at its farthest pin location. I always play the hole the same way by taking my drive a bit easy to avoid fading into a creek on the right side. It leaves me with a longer, but safer second shot. This time, the stars must have aligned with my form because I crushed my driver farther than I ever have. This resulted in me smoking the fence of the tennis court that forms the edge of the fairway. My disc dropped against the fence leaving me two options: 1) play a 15 foot shot out around the fence but not too far to go in the creek or 2) tomahawk over the fence at the pin.

I decided to go with option 2. I pulled out my beat-up blue DX Teebird. The first disc I ever bought ~4 years ago... quite literally my favorite disc ever. I tossed it up and started to run around the fence because the shot was mostly blind, and as I turned the corner I heard the disc hit metal and managed to see it at the last second take a big bounce of the top of the basket and roll into the lake that feeds the creek.

I've been diving, fishing, and everything else whenever I can in the past month. The disc didn't have my name or anything, so I assume that if someone else finds it, I'm out of luck. But, man, I'd give anything to have that disc back. I can't believe I was stupid enough to risk the Bird out of any disc in my bag.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to risk the Bird out of any disc in my bag.

You have my sympathy. I can't believe I was stupid enough not to inventory my discs as I departed the practice field the other day (neighborhood soccer field). I left my favorite Teebird behind and the kids picked it up. It was a Kooky Noosa tourney stamp from up in Montana (a friend found it here in Texas and I traded for it). Now THAT'S "stooooopid".

I have now left behind more discs than I've thrown to the disc gods.

Curtis

About a week ago, I bought a wetsuit online. Yesterday, I braved the cold, nasty, dangerous creek water of my local course and went disc diving. In the process,I got stabbed with fish hooks, banged my shins up and got a shard of rock under my toenail. Anyway, I found 19 discs, most of them inked. Do I have any right to the inked ones for my time and effort or do I call and return and get to keep a few ragged DX ones?

Do the right thing and always call back! It's good karma and if the owner feels it right...especially if you tell them your story of bravery and abuse you took to retrieve their discs maybe they'll throw you a couple bucks or offer to buy you a beer!

Please stop writing your name and numbers on the disc, the cost of asitone is getting pricey!

Just kidding! but on a serious note, i wish people would at least call, I have lost tons of disc, and have only been called 1 time

Please stop writing your name and numbers on the disc, the cost of asitone is getting pricey!
Just kidding! but on a serious note, i wish people would at least call, I have lost tons of disc, and have only been called 1 time

I may eventually stop inking mine. I had one guy text jacking with me (search my posts earlier in this thread for the story if you're interested), and recently another lost disc finder called but it has been three weeks without any follow-up. Sometimes, it's just more trouble than it's worth. I should've just told him to enjoy the disc.

Curtis

I lost a disc in the middle of the fairway underneath some snow at one of our local courses. I figured someone would find it once it melted, and lo and behold I got a call the next day. They told me they found my disc and put it for me on top of a billboard by the first hole at our course. By the time I got there someone else must have seen it and taken it for themselves. People make me sad sometimes...

You sir are a genius. I mostly throw pink discs so it will work even better right? ;)

I throw a lot of pink too...as you can tell from my sig! :)

I actually haven't tried this trick, but I know some guys do it. First time I heard about it was a buddy of mine who was visiting Oregon and found a disc while he was there. Had a girls name on it so he was excited to call. A guy answered the phone and said something like, "Yeah, I'm Jenny" :) Brilliant!

So, I called every number. Even though I reserve the right not to, I knew I wouldn't be comfortable with blocked out plastic in my bag. I returned an Ibex today and was offered the choice of a Shark or Star TeeDevil. Never heard of it so I took the TDevil.

So, I called every number. Even though I reserve the right not to, I knew I wouldn't be comfortable with blocked out plastic in my bag. I returned an Ibex today and was offered the choice of a Shark or Star TeeDevil. Never heard of it so I took the TDevil.

Good man! So how many people responded to you about their lost discs?

Mandy, Brandy, Jasmine, Holly, Natalie Names that end in Y or IE or always good!

You could also get into uni-sex names so you aren't completely faking out the caller! :)

Cody, Kelly, Devon, Jamie, Jordan, Taylor

One guy said to keep the old and seasoned Roc of his I found. One guy is in Colorado and he said he would claim it in 2 weeks. I agreed to hold it for him. Found one guy through The White Pages because he only wrote his namei and no #...Most everyone wanted their discs back. And who wouldn't?? Along with the Ibex, I found a NEW Silver Titanium Buzzz I wanted so bad, a Pro Beast, Champion Viking, Star Aviar, and an Ace disc, unsure what kind but with an ugly LSU dye on top. I'm glad to return it. Funny thing is, someone else's name was inked on it first.