• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost a goldline pain at alum creek its got an ace on it and my name and number if anyone finds it give me a call haha. Heartbreaker

Lost my favorite disc yesterday on 17 at Cedar Hill. It was a beat in star destroyer, my go to driver. It was getting dark, and I spent an hour in the woods with a flashlight. Gonna lose some sleep over that one.

I've been doing pretty well of late but anyone who's played Diamond X in Billings knows that its just a numbers game...when the number of mph that the wind is blowing goes over 30 and its blowing from the left and the right(again anyone who's played DX in the wind knows) and the cliffs in the park are over 60ft and the hole you're throwing is 400ft your 170g echo destroyer just might turn about 90 degrees from the original flight path and go 700ft(approx) in the wrong direction off of one of those cliffs...oops.

Lost my baby!!! 171 champ boss in the lake at la mirada on Sunday. Nasty hit of the tree on hole 13 and straight to the water.. Hope somebody finds it and All calls the number on it :)

My son threw my Dragon into a lake the other day.

No problem you say, it floats.

Well the lake is still partially frozen, and it landed on thin ice about 20 feet from shore.

No biggie - it was uber flippy Hopefully some kid will find it on shore one of these days.

I don't usually bother calling back with DX plastic. If the disc looks like it was loved, I'll call back.

The only time I would consider keeping one is if it was some good MVP disc. But I never see anyone lose those around here.

But god help me if I find one more DX Cobra... I could just scream.

I do like the reaction I get when I actually call people back, though.

"What? Oh sh*t, I really never thought I'd see that again."

My favorite disc was returned to me, so I have faith in karma enough to make some calls.

My favorites are the people who are all gunshy about meeting a stranger to get their disc back. Here I am, actually callingyou, and you're all "eeeehhh, I don't want to meet you at a course or a nearby McDonalds or a police station to get my own stuff back, just keep it". Should have left it blank in the first place, and saved me my cell phone minutes. :p

Augh. Two discs gone in two days. Yesterday, my XL turned more than I thought a disc could ever turn without turning into a roller, and went in a lake.

And today, I overshot a short downhill hole with my Omega, and put it in a lake. The same way I put my Mercy in the same spot a few months ago.

How not to teach someone to throw.

So i'm brand-new to disc golf but love it. learned to throw RHBH and was getting about 150ft on my drive (see told you i was new)... But my wife was having trouble throwing RHBH so i suggested she throw sidearm. Like a good husband i decided to show her how on a 282ft hole (thinking there is no way anything bad could happen). first time i ever threw sidearm and the disc sailed 300+ ft into a lake behind the basket :doh: go figure.

Opto Red River

I was showing a buddy around the new to him course as we have both ended up in this new town .

As I went thru my pre flight check list , I thought ' this is a hard color to see , keep an eye on it ' . So i did , as it went into the perfect hyzer and kissed the last tree , wobbling and fighting for distance . Got it , off the tree , behind the bent over tree , behind that stump , prolly on the trail . Searched for 20 mins., WTF ! Gave up and carried on , knowing I'll get it later.

Came back the next morning with my son , put a bounty on it so he would look for it . An hour later , nothing . Went home .

An hour later , Got the call , let's play !

Told this story in the parking lot , my buddy sold me an orange River .
As we got to the hole , I told the story again and sent my new River on its maiden voyage . It goes off the tree in front of the tree I hit the first time !
"that's it ! That's exactly how I lost it ! "

And we searched .....

One of the buds tells me as I give up for the third time , " so and so says he doesn't return discs " . "WTF , I just gave him back 2 that I had found !"

I really hope I don't see him or his crew with it ...

I KNOW it's hiding on edge in the bushes , waiting to come home...

Lost 2 discs this weekend at the Stoney Hill Challenge in Newberry, SC. The first one was an MVP Volt which I either didnt get enough power behind my throw or my angle was off or a mix of the two, but it flew about 30-40 feet into the corner of the lake on my second drive on hole 17 (Diamond Course). The next day I lost my MVP Amp, hole 1c (Quartz Course). I was throwing it down hill, with a steep hyzer angle and it caught some major head wind, flipped up and carried to the right straight over the trees into the thickest part of the woods. The bag is feeling a little thin now but luckily I still have my first Volt to carry me through the rest of the rounds. As anyone can imagine I'm pretty bummed about it.

Saturday I was near Jacksonville, AL doing a 5k run held by folks where I used to work (hometown is Cullman where there is a simple, but fun, 18-hole course in a nice park in town) . Short, 9-hole course, but a couple of baskets are near locked (on the weekends, anyways) fences. Hyzered my trusty DX Cobra in the fence and now it sits under a utility trailer. No ink, so if you find it/claim it at the front desk...enjoy.

The comment on the DX Cobra on the previous page cracked me up. When I got to the next hole, I saw a DX Shark in ANOTHER locked fence. This was the pool area, which is still closed, but in the summer, I imagine the swimmers may be in peril.

Also have to mention my excuse that Saturday made 1 week I've been at it, haha. I will only use the noob excuse for another 5-10 yrs, though.

buddy lost a yellow opto river on hole 17 at Nockamixon state park. he flipped it over and went into the roc garden. it hit the first large gap in the trees and flew clean for a while.

Lost my first and only Ace disc on the White Birch course in St. Louis. We were playing in the dark and I over shot the basket on #17. We were playing from the short tees. Hooked my kite around on an Anny and couldn't find the dang thing. It's orange with a custom dye...I'm guessing I'll never see it again! :(

20121228_080131.jpg

20130209_135423_zps4c979d1b.jpg

Saturday I was near Jacksonville, AL doing a 5k run held by folks where I used to work (hometown is Cullman where there is a simple, but fun, 18-hole course in a nice park in town) . Short, 9-hole course, but a couple of baskets are near locked (on the weekends, anyways) fences. Hyzered my trusty DX Cobra in the fence and now it sits under a utility trailer. No ink, so if you find it/claim it at the front desk...enjoy.

The comment on the DX Cobra on the previous page cracked me up. When I got to the next hole, I saw a DX Shark in ANOTHER locked fence. This was the pool area, which is still closed, but in the summer, I imagine the swimmers may be in peril.

Also have to mention my excuse that Saturday made 1 week I've been at it, haha. I will only use the noob excuse for another 5-10 yrs, though.

Welcome to the greatest addiction in the world.

Lost a 175g Star Gator, Yellow with green stamp, only one word marking it on the inner rim, "Powers". Lost on #3 at Phil Moore Park in Bowling Green Saturday afternoon in the "casual water" creek that was too deep to really want to get in. I could see the disc in the middle though, so I went back after the round with my retriever and it was gone. So someone picked it up. (i took OB and penalty shot unknowingly, but that's a different story)
If you or your friends picked it up, let me know. I'll pay to get it shipped back to me.

Lost my old faithful 150 champ teebird warming up in the wind on hole 22 at Lincoln Ridge this evening. The breeze picked it up and tossed it left into the pond. Probably no more than 2 or 3 feet deep there, but the water was cold, mossy, murky and slimy. If found, I'd love a call (info on the back of it...) :(

FOUND!!!

Did anybody lose a Valkyrie at La Mirada yesterday??? 4-21-2013. If so I have it just give me details of your disc.. It's a nice one!

I didn't see a lost and found section so if this is posted in the wrong area please let me know lol

First returned disc in over 11 years of playing!

Nothing makes me madder than hearing that someone found my disc and kept it without calling. This has happened twice in the last few weeks. They better hope I never find them.

On Saturday my Premiere Opto Villain was returned! I still don't know who had it, but a friend handed it to me out of the blue at Saturday's weekly. I made sure the person who told me they found it felt awful, so it must have shamed them into returning it. My number was crossed off and a huge "PHIL" and phone number were on the flight plate, but I was able to lighten that with some acetone. Tempted to call the number, but I think I'll just let it go.

Latest posts