• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Got a call from a guy said he had my tee bird, thanked him, gave me his address, said it would be on his front porch. My son and I went to his house to get it. My son runs up to the porch, grabs it, throws it in the jeep and when we get home I take a look at it. It was actually a disc I traded in at play it again sports that still had my name and number on it.

Lost a disc in the strangest way: warming up on the soccer field before PIF doubles at Idlewild today, I was trying out a new disc Goosefraba1 was giving me, and comparing it against some of my familiar ones. I had thrown four discs, and tried the new one, and saw a white/gold labrador trot across the field. I was thinking how glad I was that I hadn't hit him, when he selected my Air Saint, and took off! No dog owner in sight, and when I got down the field, he was gone. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.
...but if you live in that neighborhood by the park, and you wonder where the orange air saint with 'JKA sisyphus' on it came from...ahem! :eek:

Sadly, I lost a perfectly beat in stingray that had my very first ace on it. I turned it over too early and it has been sacrificed to the tiny pond on hole D at the mighty Idlewild. Price of admission I guess..... and worth it so I'm not too bummed, but IF anyone dares to disc dive in that nasty muck you will come out with mine plus several others that we could see in there. It would be great to get a call back on that one, but I'm happy to have only lost one disc to the mighty 'Idle'.

Yeah, that pond is about as nasty as they get. Lost one there myself.

...speaking of which, I clipped a branch trying to anny around hole #5 at Miami U today, and searched 20-30 minutes for my white sparkle (first run) BG Ams Tern. That didn't bother me too much since I'd bought two of those, and I already had an ace in that round. Win some, Lose some, ya know?

What bothered me a little was realizing that not all disc golfers stop to help look. A couple of obvious noob/ college guys I signaled to play through tossed a shot right in where I was looking, got theirs, and just passed on by. I've gotten so used to such wonderful folks I usually meet on the course who will at least offer to help look...

I was at a course farther from my home course and left my Nuke laying on a path with kids and a picnic going on. When I realized I left it 2 minutes had passed at the most and I go return to look for it and its gone. I ask all the people around the picnic area and they ignore me/blow it off. I write it off as a loss that some punk kid took it.
Turns out I was right. Got a call a week later from a blocked number. It was some 10 year old being ridiculous trying to change his voice and such. After a really annoying attempt at conversation I dig out from him that he is at an elementary school 15 miles from the far course. I told him to keep it.
Flash forward another week and a grown man calls, leaves a voice mail. I got all excited thinking it was another blue disc I had lost but it turns out it was the SAME ONE. Kids must have lost it again. I told him to keep it. He plays so it'll be used. That is all I cared about really. Discs are meant to fly!

I RHBH over threw my favorite broken in Star Valkyrie into a super swampy/overgrown area. Threw my broken in Wraith in there a week later.

Swamp at Druid Hill has some nice plastic hidden in it.

Lost Your Disc too?? Check out this blog post.

So I'm just getting into disc golf. Last week I lost my first disc. It was a clear yellow Discraft Wasp. Now I know better than to use a yellow disc in tall grass with bunches of yellow flowers everywhere...

If you've lost a disc too, check out my most recent blog by clicking the link below and share your story!

LOST: Teal blue GL Underworld out at Echo Valley in Springboro, Ohio today, on hole #3, right of the fairway, in the tall weeds under or past the pines short of the basket. I think it only has my ink in the rim saying "jka sisyphus". If found, contact me as sisyphus here or on dgcr.com. Thanks!
FOUND: (while looking for mine): yellow/green disc with no name or number. If anyone can ID the make and mold, I'll do my best to get it back to them.

I never throw my putting putter. Ever. BUT one day I was practicing after work at the school near my house and decided what the heck haven't thrown my really old r-pro aviar that I putt with in 2 years or so, lets break it out and see what happens. Well it immediately turns over and flies onto the roof of the school. That's what happens.

My putting has been terrible ever since. I have other r-pros and a stack of aviars but none are getting it done for me. Gonna take it as a chance to start playing around with some different putters I haven't used before.

Well, the other day I threw my 6th disc into the lake at Madisonville on hole 16. This time it was a Champ Orc that was the victim. Threw a forehand out over the water expecting it to fade back in, but a big gust of wind in my face as I threw and it flipped 50 ft out into the pond. Didn't even think about trying to get it. I hate that hole.

I'm sure this has been said before but...

When I find a disc, to me it is just a disc. But to the person who lost it, it could be their favorite disc. Call the number if there is one, it's a good way to meet new discers and build karma points.

On Sunday, lost an almost brand new sparkle opto blue Saint on hole 11 at Moraine State Park. Lost it off the blue tee in the rough to the left of the fairway. The thing is, this is Moraine's least challenging hole. I thought I would birdie my only shot that day but instead lost a disc. Didn't go too far into the rough at all, but it was thick rough with thorn bushes, poison ivy, and other fun stuff. Gave up after 10 minutes of searching.

Brother in law lost a lime green Avenger (name, phone number, and flight numbers stamped on back) to the left of hole #22 at Arboretum-Spiker park. Then he promptly threw his Ion into the water right of the hole, but close enough to the bank that he could just reach it.

The Avenger is still missing though.

I lost a diamond on hole 1 at idlewild. Ended up finding the next day on home 6ish.

I started discing down to work on my throwing form. The only 300' driver I had that was 6 or lower speed was my Leopard. Lost it in the undergrowth on the 18th of my local Muni. Lucky I had bought another one on Ebite and it was delivered the next day. The day after that, I get a phone call, "I found your disc!" w00t!!! Really nice golfer that talked with me for a few mins and I found out there is a local league that I didn't know about!!

I'll always pass this forward.

Lost my second this week at Dorsey's Knob in Morgantown, WV. Red Champion Sidewinder on hole 2. It was a tight fairway and the rough to the left was at least waist high. It was a nightmare trying to find some discs at that course.

Latest posts