• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Put my Ti Buzzz in the water on #9 at Idlewild park in Charlotte. Carried the water but hit one of the many guardian trees and kicked right into the drink.

I'm sure someone will text me that they've seen it at PIAS, as I will never get a phonecall from the people who farm plastic from that pond. This will be the 4th time this will have happened, so I would be AMAZED to get a call to return before they sell it to PIAS :(

9184834345_e0da4df0ef_z.jpg

Beautiful Disc - RIP :thmbdown:

Beautiful Disc - RIP :thmbdown:

Someone will be throwing it soon, of that I am sure. That pond gets fished for discs often, and usually I get a text from someone other than the finder who sees one of my discs at PIAS. I've lost 4 discs at Idlewild, all dyed, all with name and number, and the only time I've ever gotten a call was when people saw it already sold to PIAS. :wall:

more returning goodness. got a guy's echostar leopard at acorn today.

christmas cheer all 'round!

<_< now someone turn up my CPD, lol.

bennett, that sucks. the work you put into your discs is nuts and i can say as a chronic disc loser i would be absolutely irate. now that i don't lose discs much at all, i think i'll start doing it again . . . but i wish you luck. hopefully someone snags it for you.

more returning goodness. got a guy's echostar leopard at acorn today.

christmas cheer all 'round!

<_< now someone turn up my CPD, lol.

bennett, that sucks. the work you put into your discs is nuts and i can say as a chronic disc loser i would be absolutely irate. now that i don't lose discs much at all, i think i'll start doing it again . . . but i wish you luck. hopefully someone snags it for you.

Thanks. I always hope that a good person will find them and call to return, but this is the 4th disc and 3rd Buzzz on the same hole, and all the others have been fished out and kept or sold. :(

Thanks. I always hope that a good person will find them and call to return, but this is the 4th disc and 3rd Buzzz on the same hole, and all the others have been fished out and kept or sold. :(

I hate the Idlewild dredgers. I've lost two discs in there and bought them back at PIAS.

Took a trip from so cal to nor cal this last week. Left a mantis at preisker in santa maria that just vanished. Picked up a saint pro at shady oaks. Don't like it. Today I was playing ford park and realized my pro rhyno got left at ryan ranch. That one hurts.

Rose-marble R Pro Rhyno on the right side of the ditch on hole 11 at Charlie Vettiner in Louisville KY. It was on a patch fo ice and my 8 yr old decided to climb on it to get the disc instead of tell me there was ice. So it's somewhere in a couple feet of water right now. Name and number on the disc, but hoping it will still be there later this week after the snowstorm is all done.

BAB407B7-8D1B-463A-8349-BF50A3632995_zpsnelu8qno.jpg

I've only ever lost one disc at Pecan Acres DGC Basket #2 in Nacogdoches, Tx. Purple Z Buzz that I only threw only a handful of times. On the other hand, I've found maybe 20+ discs and all but maybe 3 or 4 of them didn't have ANY ink of them. Crazy since i've only been playing for 9 months!

Last edited:
Lost a barely used Glow Champ Firebird on hole 5 at Eastway Park in Charlotte last night. We played doubles, and my shot was on the creekbed, so we took my partner's shot and I never got the disc.

Once again, I have very little faith that I'll get it back. We let a couple groups play through after that hole, and there were more behind it, none said anything, and no call/texts.

ended up losing my Tim Selinske 2011 US MASTERS pink champion Katana on advanced 11 at Bear Creek. :wall: it will be tough to find its replacement :thmbdown:

Here we are but they are not

We are gather here today to bid fond farewell to two fallen heroes cut down in their prime. Before they really got a chance to explore the world and achieve greatness. Sad though we may be we must raise our heads(patriotic anthem-y music playing softly in the background) and forge on. Our destiny before us and within our grasp(crescendo). They would have WANTED it that way.(softly a piccolo tweets an ol' Irish dirge of untold misery)
Here we have Mr. Champion Mako3 and his belated partner Mrs. Champion Mamba. Short though their lives may have been it was full of potential....energy until they became a kinetic couple that fired on all cylinders. May they be remembered in death as they were in life; soaring above the earth and bestowing the reward of many long hikes to their acolytes.
Thank you
Please don't forget God loves a cheerful giver
and I ain't happy until my collection bowl runneth over
and I got a couple shots a whiskey in me

Attachments

• Innova-Champion Mako3 170g.jpeg
    Innova-Champion Mako3 170g.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Innova-Champion Mamba.jpeg
    Innova-Champion Mamba.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 14
Saturday my grip lock put a disc way out on the ice, which I retrieved. It was a little scary, but I got it. Sunday the same disc on a different course went down a hill (on what I felt was a pretty darn good drive) and disappeared. It was a DX Cobra , one of my first discs. It was white, and so was the snow that it went towards. All the rest of the course was snow free, go figure.

Weirdest thing ever.

Lost my longest, stable-slightly understable disc by leaving it behind - pin high, out of bounds, took the OB lay for a 8' par putt, never turned around to pick up my disc (took 1.5 years to beat it in to where it was). Next hole, doubles partner shanks into the brush and I find a different lost disc of the same mold, 6 grams heavier, different plastic, phone number disconnected. I toss the found disc a couple of holes later and the it's at the exact same stability point as my lost disc.

Naturally, I miss my old disc and the person who didn't call me is an ass-wipe but is that some crazy coincidence or what?

Started playing in late October. Lost star mamba, icon cannon, blizzard boss, star xcaliber, champion tern, and star katana. Apparently, when I throw a bunch of discs, I only grab some of them and walk on. Off to the Innova Factory Store I go.

There's a guy at my school who throws Wraiths, and it's no one I have played with, and the only way I know this is because I've found 3 Wraiths (all different plastics) on the course and all without any contact info.

Heh, here's a funny one. Last Saturday we were playing Haslet Community Park and found a marked disc while "golden retrieving" for one of our lost ones. Having our cell phones handy, one of us called and left a voice mail.

A little while later a fellow returns the call and we tell him we have his disc and where we found it. He says he's never played Haslet, just keep it. Several holes later we find another disc with the same name and number!