• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Threw an errant toss from the tee with a Summit yesterday while playing Blendon Woods with my wife. We both saw the disc drop like a pancake into the rough woods, on a hill, but then could not find it.
40 mins both of us looking, others playing through helping too, and we could't find it.
It was on a hill, so could have rolled, but the rough was super heavy all the way down the hill and would have caught it up.

We finally give up and my wife goes down to play her putt, and she finds my disc 30 ft past the hole.
It apparently DID roll away, but the only possible path would have been a perfect line along a very narrow footpath that would have put it in its eventual location, a full 80ft from where we saw it drop...

Out of the 32 discs I've lost in the past 2.8 years I finally had one returned. It was a GStar Teebird I lost last October. It was found by a guy on the same course but a different hole. I guess after all this time the disc migrated to a new location.

Played with a buddy a few weeks ago - he has no discs so he was throwing a couple of mine. We have to safari every round because there are no courses in China, and I called an ill-advised hole on which we both shanked our drives and lost my two favorite drivers. After digging around for a while and finding that the location where they both seemed to have dropped was in a nearly-inaccessible ravine with a ton of thorny bushes, we called it a day.

The next day, he goes back and goes digging again and finds the disc I threw, although his throw is still MIA. That was a month ago and he's not said anything about returning the disc. Is it bad form to ask him to return it?

Con - I gave up on the disc and he crawled through brambles the next day to get it.
Pro - He lost a disc that he borrowed from me on the same hole. Even if he can claim this disc is his by way of my giving up on it and the added effort he put in to find it, shouldn't he return this one in payment for the disc he lost?

At first I assumed he would return it the next time I came by his place, but he didn't then and he didn't the next time we played disc golf together. He's kind've a touchy guy, and I don't want to create a bunch of drama, but am I in the right to want this disc back from him?

I surrendered two Bosses to the waters of NE Texas this weekend; One turned over and dove into the water at Selah Lakeside Hole 4, and the other dumped out into hole 3 of Texas Twist. The former was a throwaway, but the latter was a Doubles Ace Disc. That hurt me deep.

Threw 4 more ( Orc, Judge, Lace, and King Cobra) into the murky depths, but those I was thankfully able to retrieve.

Wanted to edit this in, but got caught on the five minute edit limit:

On a brighter note, I thought I lost another disc on a shanked throw. We play in a park/tree farm on a hilltop over the "Yellow Dragon Mountain" traffic tunnel, and I tossed my cheap new Yikun View driver in the direction of the tunnel as I was "driving" back to my bike (buddy threw out his shoulder so I was just tossing drivers as we walked back). It flipped into an anheyser and just stayed there, floating away further than I've ever thrown any disc until it disappeared behind some trees. I ended up climbing around on the hillside just above the tunnel entrance (got a bunch of honks from bewildered Chinese motorists) searching for the disc, but to no avail. I finally gave up and headed down the hill on the other side of the tunnel to bike home, but not before checking the hillside that parallels the road before the tunnel entrance. There she was, lying in the tall grass probably 600-700 feet (and 100 feet downhill) of where I threw. Satisfying to find the lost disc. Humbling to realize that my longest throw is a shanked Chinese beginner's driver.

I lost a Cyclone deep into the waters of Ellicott Creek at my local course about three weeks ago. Today I got a call from someone who found it lying on a fairway of a different hole at the same park.

I am grateful for whoever took the time to fish my disc out of the water and then lose it on land so I could get it back. I was expecting it to be lost for good.

Lost and found in sweet home Alabama

I lost 1 disc in a retention pond at (stay out of) at Lake Point Park. A second I left lay after hitting a tree, taking the second shot and forgetting to pick up the original thrown disc. Ever done that? Anyway, Walter ? called and had both discs. I was unable to catch up with him before he left for home but he is going to send both via snail mail. I'll reimburse him plus a finders fee. Happy ending.

I lost my dyed Opto XXX at Lemon Lake Silver/Gold this past Saturday trying to throw a big thumber over some bushes. My friend was spotting, but not well enough I guess. Nothing exiting but that was the only disc I carry that is inked and I lost it. I always say if you ink a discs, you're just admitting you're going to lose it which is exactly what happened to me and why I generally don't ink any discs. The only reason this disc was inked is because I bought it used and wrote my info on it to cover up the previous owner. Kind of funny.

Lost a 1st Run Fury on Hole 1 at Shady Oaks in Orangvale, CA.I went hard right and lost track of it. 2 weeks later I check the lost and found and get my disc back that was found on hole 7. I say some instant Karma happened since the people on hole 2 picked the fury up and didn't let me know even though I was all over in that area. Shady Oaks has just gotten more Shadier.

Lost a Champ Beast Saturday in the local creek. Went out today and found it along with a few others, including a Barstamp CE Valkyrie. Some dude is probably gonna be happy when he gets a call here shortly.

I had the most puzzling and infuriating lost disc of my life happen to me yesterday.

I went out for field practice. Had a good headwind and a good tailwind respectively as I threw across the field.

Decide to throw my bag one last time into the headwind before I leave. All is going well until I start to collect discs. 15... 16... where the hell is disc number 17? (there were 17 discs that I threw, get it?) I cannot find this stag anywhere, which is odd, because it had exactly the same flight and landed in damn near the same spot as the stag I threw right before it.

I spend a good 45 minutes walking this field back and forth, (probably 500' long by 100' wide) I'm kicking over every clump of grass there is, as it had been recently mowed.

After an hour of searching, I finally gave up. That disc hit a worm hole and just is gone.

I just don't understand how you lose a disc in a completely flat and mowed field. I walked every inch of that stupid field and never found the disc. I even walked the small field next to it.

So, if someone finds a pink 174 gram double stamped stag on their course, with a 775 area code number in it, we've found a worm hole between my practice field and your course.

Found a First Run Pro Teebird at Selah Lakeside today. Interesting disc...if it belongs to you, shoot me a PM including the initials inked on the back (no phone # on there, strangely). I'll be happy to help the disc find its way home.

Lost a Saint Pro at Crane Hill the other day, got a message that it was found and dropped in the LF. Two days later, its not in the LF. Someone swiped it. Today, lost a champ teebird on the course that I forgot to pick up. Went back for it and its gone, not in LF either...

I've found it frustrating both when someone finds one of my discs or even when I find someone else's, trying to contact them with their phone and then setting up a meeting place or method of exchanging a disc. Case in point: at Oak Grove (Pasadena, CA) threw my disc right into a clump of trees, fairly high up. Standing on the ground looking up, I figured I saw my disc and it was in a slightly awkward place but recoverable. Climbed the tree, as high as I could grabbed a branch and shook and it fell. Got back to the ground safe and sound, picked up the disc and found out it wasn't mine.

Well, needless to say, I called the number and connected with the guy, but it literally took over a month of him trying to get a friend to pick up the disc, etc., etc. This isn't the only time its been a hassle getting a disc back to its owner.

So . . . I created a website to help reunite golfers with their discs, free-of-charge of course. DiscLocate.com. The key to our "hassle-free" return system is getting local businesses involved and using them as drop-off locations. We already have Play It Again Sports in Pasadena signed up and hoping to spread this everywhere disc golf is played. Its a win-win-win for the disc finder, the disc owner, and the business. Let me know your thoughts. :)

That IS a great idea. I too have experienced hassles with trying to reunite discs and owners.

On another note, I lost my DGA Breaker in some muddy water at Bear Creek yesterday. I couldn't see it finish but I think I had a fairly safe throw and it just didn't sit. Went to where it landed and it was nowhere to be found.

Well, needless to say, I called the number and connected with the guy, but it literally took over a month of him trying to get a friend to pick up the disc, etc., etc. This isn't the only time its been a hassle getting a disc back to its owner.

The key to our "hassle-free" return system is getting local businesses involved and using them as drop-off locations.

The burden of getting a disc back should always be the responsibility of the person who lost the disc. If he/she isn't going to put forth the effort, then he/she must not care about getting the disc back. If the burden fell on the returnee, why didn't you just mail the disc and save a month of effort?

As for the return system, it seems you're now shifting the burden on to the businesses you're trying to create as drop-off locations? Does the PIA charge a fee for keeping the disc? How long do they have to hold on to the disc before they can just sell it? And, what's the incentive for a business to serve as the exchange point?

If your local disc golf community gets behind this, all the better. Your site talks about how hard it is to call a phone number. So instead of calling, a person is supposed to enter a URL, then follow several steps (including registering on the website) to return a disc? How is that easier than calling? You've got great enthusiasm for sure, and you're efforts are to be appreciated. It's just hard to see many locales, businesses and individual to have the time or interest to make sure an item worth several dollars gets returned.

Last edited:
Found a Champ Beast off of the 13 fairway at Blue Lake on Monday morning. No ink. Doing my due diligence (here and Facebook groups). It looks too used to belong to a chucker. Plus it was at Blue Lake, and chuckers would rather play a free and easy niner than get demolished by a Worlds course. It's getting bagged if the owner doesn't show up though.

Someone picked up/stole my entire bag/wallet today at randall oaks in West Dundee Illinois. Anyone with info, PM me please...

Someone picked up/stole my entire bag/wallet today at randall oaks in West Dundee Illinois. Anyone with info, PM me please...

Are you Serious? I sure hope I to catch a little A$$Bag Stealing out on a Disc Golf course one day. The Police will need to get there FAST. I am So Sorry this Happened... Hope you get your stuff back. :wall:

Latest posts