• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

This being my very first post, I think it's a befitting that I post here in this lovely thread.

I've been playing for a few months now and lost my very first disc today on Chavez Ridge DGC. It was the very first disc I had purchased when I started back in April of this year. I hadn't played with it in a while and brought it out with me today to get a feel for it again. It was performing great and I was falling in love with it; that is until I lost it over the side of the hill. I tried my best to look for it, but with the temperature closing in around 99 degrees, it proved too difficult to continue after about 30 minutes going up and down the side of the hill. It wasn't a very nice disc, just a DX Valkyrie, but I am a bit bummed about losing it.

I"ll probably go back in the next few days to look for it once the temperature goes down in the next few days.

Lost number 2 on the year. A lovely seasoned PD that was just right. Fatigue, frustration, and heat are a rough combo for me. Tanked it into tall grasses on an open hole, well within my skill range. I have a back up that is the same weight and color, but not as beat. Maybe it'll come back, in the mean time I guess I have to play more and beat in the back up!

This being my very first post, I think it's a befitting that I post here in this lovely thread.

I've been playing for a few months now and lost my very first disc today on Chavez Ridge DGC. It was the very first disc I had purchased when I started back in April of this year. I hadn't played with it in a while and brought it out with me today to get a feel for it again. It was performing great and I was falling in love with it; that is until I lost it over the side of the hill. I tried my best to look for it, but with the temperature closing in around 99 degrees, it proved too difficult to continue after about 30 minutes going up and down the side of the hill. It wasn't a very nice disc, just a DX Valkyrie, but I am a bit bummed about losing it.

I"ll probably go back in the next few days to look for it once the temperature goes down in the next few days.

Welcome to the forum and sorry for your loss. My first lost disc was a Millennium JLS and I was so bummed I couldn't even finish the round. I have since reconciled with the thought that lost discs are part of the game. Besides, my bag has finally settled enough that I can have backups of everything.

I just put a DX Valk back into my bag for rollers. I'm still working on dialing in that throw, but have had some good results on certain holes that were difficult for me when all I had were air shots. Stay cool out there .........hopefully we'll have a long fall coming up.

Welcome to the forum and sorry for your loss. My first lost disc was a Millennium JLS and I was so bummed I couldn't even finish the round. I have since reconciled with the thought that lost discs are part of the game. Besides, my bag has finally settled enough that I can have backups of everything.

I just put a DX Valk back into my bag for rollers. I'm still working on dialing in that throw, but have had some good results on certain holes that were difficult for me when all I had were air shots. Stay cool out there .........hopefully we'll have a long fall coming up.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I plan on making an early trip in the morning to the course for a search and rescue operation, and to plan a quick round before the heat sets in.

I was taught by the person who taught me to play that you sharpie or ink your phone number onto your discs and it's "honor code" to ALWAYS try to contact the person on the disc if you find one to return it to them - ALWAYS. Now I see that people are asking how to dye over people's sharpie markings in forums here, and it just feels SO WRONG. Have honor! If you find a disc with any contact info on it, please contact the person who took the time and made the effort to mark their disc, they wouldn't do it if the disc didn't matter to them! Maybe I am too old-school, but I am not rich, and if I lose a disc, it might take me months to save up enough money to replace it, and many have sentimental value for many people. It's not a treasure to be had when you find a disc, it's a tragedy of loss for the owner. Is it a risk of the game? Yes. But if you CAN do something to HELP and don't... that's just bad sportsmanship. If there's a phone number, text and call it. If there's a name, google it. If there's an address, mail it. It's our choice to make the world a better place, or a worse place. Be a GOOD person!

^^^THANK YOU! Well spoken. No rebuttals, please, folks. Just do the right thing. :clap:

I've been amused over the couple of years I've perused this forum at the lengths that a few members have "stretched" to justify their lack of common decency. Still, it's a $15 piece of plastic and life is too short to get bent about such things. Some will call ........most won't. A few will even defend it. <shrug>

Champion Monarch

A few weeks ago while looking for a DX Leopard, I came upon a Champion Monarch in the woods. First time finding a disc. I threw it a few times and hated it, and the next week I threw a roller into the woods. I didn't even go in to look for it. :thmbup:

Update: I never did find the Leopard. Need a new fairway driver.

Last edited:
Found a bag and five or six discs stuffed into the 17th basket at Williamsburg Community Park yesterday. I guess some beginner had a frustrating time? Anyway, I sat the stuff beside the basket and left it in case they had a change of heart before someone else nabbed it.

Here is a reason to return or make an effort to return discs to people when you find inked discs. KARMA!

I have been playing a few years and have found/recovered several discs on our local 9 ( in the 2.5 years it has been open) . My found count is 8 right now, I have contacted all with ink.

Three were the same person who lost three discs in one day here, I held them and did the return face to face. :thmbup:

One guy I contacted told me to keep the disc and thanked me for the call :thmbup:.

One guy was a douche and thru a few back and forth texts he just acted like he did not care :thmbdown:. and I gave up...Oh well.

One was a local who lost a disc in plain sight on a fairway...:confused:... Easy face to face return.

I found one in the creek that runs thru part of the course and after a few texts I got his disc in the mail ( on my dime ) and on the way back to him, he was excited and very thankful :D.

Two were un-inked and I still have those if I bump into or hear of the owner I will return those too.

I also have recovered several discs for friends after they have thrown into the fenced garage area called the "Green Monster". I live close and I don't work on Mondays, so I will just go grab them in the morning when the park crews get to work.

Now to get to the point after a long winded intro. I have lost 3 discs personally this year, I threw a River into a lake, I left my favorite purple DX Cobra on a hole, then yesterday morning I left my Proto DX Colt on the course too :doh:.

I did what we affectionately call a "Paul". Paul is one of my Bros I play with weekly and he likes to take a few extra shots from time to time and has a habit of forgetting to pick them all up.

I did not realize that I left a man behind on the ground past the basket after an extra shot on our local hole #8, until I grabbed my bag to head to the course today. I figured it was gone and that a DX Colt was cheaply and easily replaceable.

When I got to the course I drove past hole #8 to take a look and lo and behold...my Colt was hanging in the chains of the basket. I guess someone did a little putting practice, decided to leave it, then 26 hours after my "Paul" I got it back :D.

I just thought it was funny for it to still be there where the most "hanging out" traffic happens at the pavilion on that hole.

I hope this story helps to continue the disc returning Karma for all on the Course!

Recently returned a Truth to a guy who left it in the fairway. Called the number and as I was out of town he told me to keep it, I told him I would be around the following morning and we agreed to meet so I could give his disc back. Asked if he had any disc to trade and the following morning we met up. No Discs were traded but a nice conversation, a disc returned and some disc golf chatter were exchanged. A good day.

Sometimes it's fun to return discs.

(Here's how you do this:) Found at a couple of courses this week by my buddy Troy: Pale blue 167g dx Destroyer with blue stock stamp, pretty beat up, maybe 5/10 condition, and a Light yellow 172g X xpress with purple stock stamp, around 7/10 condition. Neither had any ink, so if you lost one and want it, I'll bring it to the course challenge at Osage Grove this Saturday, and you can pick it up. Here's the good karma side: Troy shot his best ever round at W'burg today and has already thrown four (yep, 4!) aces this month. Love to keep that kind of karma going, so I hope we find the rightful owners, even if these are low-value discs!

Left a GStar Orc , my last ace disc on 2/14/15, on hole 17 at Guthrie. I only realized my error this afternoon, and of course by the time I went back to check it was long gone. I've returned over 30 discs in my career never asked for anything in return, but I can't seem to get any of that Kharma back my way. It seems there are a lot of dishonest disc golfers in my neck of the woods.

Left a GStar Orc , my last ace disc on 2/14/15, on hole 17 at Guthrie. I only realized my error this afternoon, and of course by the time I went back to check it was long gone. I've returned over 30 discs in my career never asked for anything in return, but I can't seem to get any of that Kharma back my way. It seems there are a lot of dishonest disc golfers in my neck of the woods.

Theyre everywhere. My local course has a lost and found thats managed by a guy who lives across the street. He has bins on his deck and willingly lets people stop by and go check the bins. That is until people thought it was ok to help themselves to "personal property" as the sign said on the course bulletin board. I was told someone swiped quite a bit of discs, other said there were things that belonged to the homeowner that were taken. For some reason theres been quite a few d bag teenagers and kids in their earlier 20s making a mockery of that course lately. Stealing, leaving trash everywhere, not playing with the usual disc golf edicate.

Lost my go-to- mid, a 2 year old Lucid Air Truth, in the midde of a DG vacation recently. I m pretty sure the guys behind me picked it up and didn't say anything because I left it 15 feet from the basket in plain sight on one of the last holes . By the time I finished I had realized my mistake and backtracked, neither them or the disc and mini marker where to be found. The worst part is that I helped those shidiots find a few of their discs when play got backed up ahead of me. I made due for another 2 weeks out of town with a champ Pather I had almost decided to leave at home, but it wasn't the same.

In a backward sort of way it was probably for the for the best. I'd been babying that magical disc for so long that it was keeping me from starting a much needed Truth cycle. Fast forward a month and a half later, my mid cycle is looking halfway respectable, if not better than before. I replaced the lost disc with a fresh identical looking color and weight Truth and beat the crap out of my slightly seasoned back up. It's almost like I'd never lost my OG Truth to begin with. Props to DD for easing my transition with a very consistent mold.

There was a disc found yesterday at Riverbend in Findlay, OH. Found on hole 2, name is Nick A.H. Was posted on the local lost and find, but no response yet, so figured I'd try here.
Pm me and I can get in contact with the guy who has it.

Left a DGA portable at a park and did not notice until this morning.

It is gone now. Very likely someone from the Saturday tourney in which I put it up as a practice basket grabbed it. I got there pretty early and doubt anyone saw me set it up and rembered. Local close group, should cost most of a 12 pack of beer and a run through a phone tree to get back.

I think I will put my name and number on it when I get it back.

.... Ewing, DSM, IA

Lost my seasoned Buzzz SS...threw it somewhere and never saw it come down, searched for a while and we never found it. RIP.

Damn near lost my Opto Havoc after it caught a tree and I lost sight of it. Only to find it perfectly in the fairway of the next hole as I was walking to it after completing the hole I threw it on.

Latest posts