• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Louisville courses or Pike Lake Ohio Area?

Valet

Par Member
A buddy and I are planning a trip in mid May. We will only have a couple days (arrive in the area on Thursday night and play all day Friday, Saturday, and a round on Sunday morning). We have narrowed it down to 2 options:
1) Louisville area. Camp at Buffalo Trace on Thursday and Friday night. Play Buffalo and Seviren Friday. Camp somewhere south of Louisville (forget the name of the campground) and play Vettiner and Iriquois on Saturday and Sunday.
2) Pike Lake Ohio. Camp at Pike Lake the entire time, maybe. Play Pike Friday. Check out Great Seal for SAturday. Finish with a round on Sunday at Pike or Paint Creek or Rocky Fork.
Anybody out there play in both of these areas and can offer an opinion? Also, is anyone familiar w/ the camping in these areas? Are the cabins alright or would you recommend tents?
Thanks!
Valet

Personally I recommend Louisville area, if for no other reason that these courses stand out in my mind more than the Pike Lake area courses. I might also recommend the Fun Farm and Muldraugh, and I've heard great things about Freeman.

Thanks for the feedback Martin. I'd like to cover an oil change for you if you can haul your van into the cody road, independence, ky area...so, lmk.

Seriously, thank you for the feed back.

I just played Iroqouis and Otter creek. Otter Creek is a little south of Louisville, approx 30 min. However it does mention camping near by. Mashnut just did a review on Otter Creek you might want to read. Its not fancy but I think you would enjoy it. There are several spots glades that I would have gladly pitched a tent in if it wasn't located in the middle of the course :D. Its hard to explain but if your a camper and like nature as much as it seems then I think you would like visiting it.

This years Charlie Vettiner Open will be held on back to back weekends in May. Pro only will be the 12th-13th while the am only will be held on the 19th-20th. Keep that in mind if you choose the Louisville area.

Pike Lake Ohio. Camp at Pike Lake the entire time, maybe. Play Pike Friday. Check out Great Seal for SAturday. Finish with a round on Sunday at Pike or Paint Creek or Rocky Fork.
Anybody out there play in both of these areas and can offer an opinion?

I have time next week to be in this area and am wondering the same thing. The reviews and pix of these courses appear rather too wooded for my liking since I hate hitting early trees from the tee.

I'll be playing the big 3 in the Cincy area again prior to this, should I go to south central Ohio or maybe southern Indiana north of Louisville? (I did Louisville last year).

Latest posts