• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

Ive heard that emailing the innova pro shop about making more gazelles and having multiple people do this encourages them to make another batch of them especially in champion and star plastics. Y'all should do this so more gazelles are made!

Ive heard that emailing the innova pro shop about making more gazelles and having multiple people do this encourages them to make another batch of them especially in champion and star plastics. Y'all should do this so more gazelles are made!
The pro shop will entertain requests it seems. But, If you haven't already, and for all intents and purposes. You can't feel a difference between The Star Cheetah is still in stock. https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-cheetah/

Ahhhhh the Gazelle. This was the disc (circle stamp) that really was my go-to driver way back when I first got going in disc golf in the late 90's. Once I got back into the game after a few lengthy hiatuses several years ago, I found them all but extinct. I currently have 3 gstars at varying weights but have barely bagged any since winter this year. The Star Leopard is my "anchor" 6-speed in my bag now and I find my game is more focused right now on 7 and 8-speeds as my go-to's.

The Gazelle will always be a sentimental favorite of mine, especially since my one and only ace was with one at the original 18-hole course (hole 6?) at Tyler State Park in Newtown, PA.

There are still some Star and Glow runs on ebay for... reasonable prices. Obviously not as low as from the factory, but not too painful. I have a newer glow I'm hoping to beat in to match the flippy old KC Pros I bought off an illustrious member here. Out of the newer runs, stability is probably Champ>Star=Glow. The Star and Glow are pretty domey, but I like dome.

Great woods golf disc, but I'm not sure it's worth it over getting a champ Leo 3 and working it in?

Last edited:
There are still some Star and Glow runs on ebay for... reasonable prices. Obviously not as low as from the factory, but not too painful. I have a newer glow I'm hoping to beat in to match the flippy old KC Pros I bought off an illustrious member here. Out of the newer runs, stability is probably Champ>Star=Glow. The Star and Glow are pretty domey, but I like dome.

Great woods golf disc, but I'm not sure it's worth it over getting a champ Leo 3 and working it in?
I have a pair of Champs that are both quite domey as well. And I have a pair of soft Driver Pros that are completely flat.

The pro shop will entertain requests it seems. But, If you haven't already, and for all intents and purposes. You can't feel a difference between The Star Cheetah is still in stock. https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-cheetah/
wouldn't these or even a leopard be significantly less stable than a gazelle? I've also thought about purchasing a River Pro but im not sure how closely it compares to my champ Gazelles that I love

wouldn't these or even a leopard be significantly less stable than a gazelle? I've also thought about purchasing a River Pro but im not sure how closely it compares to my champ Gazelles that I love
I recall the Champ Gazelle as being beefy, and I'm a wimp when it comes to that kind of plastic. I go with g-star for the gazelle. The Star flies like a broken in dx. i.e. It's slightly stable, and that's just how it came. so comparing that one to a Cheetah. The star plastic is a bit more firm, and it is a lot more stable.
I'll put them in the bag and throw them together next time I field throw to remind myself what that difference is. It's a pretty big one from what I can recall.

Just spam every facebook post of theirs "Halo Gazelle when?"

....it worked for the Polecat 😁

I imagine a premium Gazelle is not too different than the current run QJLS. Wouldn't mind seeing what a Helio Sirius JLS flies like if it ever gets released - the most recent SJLS did have a bit of turn to them though.

Polaris LS is in the same realm as the Cheetah I think, just more availability in stock premium plastics. Latest run SPLS have some stability to them in my testing.

Premium Leopards can range from Teebird to Leo flights off the shelf while being a bit more torque resistant. Just depends on the run.

Premium Leo3s show more turn when new vs. the original Leo IMO. Works in to the flight numbers pretty quick.

Champ Gazelle vs Star Cheetah yes, very much so. My Champ Gazelles fly/flew like Champ Teebirds, just slower. My Star Cheetah flies quite similar to a Star Leopard, definitely 2ish stabilities less stable than the Gazelle.

Mind you I only have 1 Cheetah and 6 Gazelles, but I'm pretty sure the Cheetah is the same run as the ones on the pro shop.

&$%# that f2 sale they got on their FB page. Shots fired. Its Halo Gazelle hunting season. You wanna bag some?

I still have two KC Pro Gazelles that I can't get myself to bag.

One that was only thrown a handful of times and one brand new.

Such a great disc, just overshadowed by more popular options.

The Gazelle might have been the original dgcr hype disc. I remember a ton of people singing their praises on here after the dg world as a whole had moved on to newer, more shiny (faster) things.

The 11x KC Pro (pearly Champ) Gazelles are the very best Gazelles--durable, flat, stable but not dumpy, and beautiful. The opaque "CE" 10x KC Pro Gazelles are a close second, although less durable and more glidey. Tilted is way off the mark on this question.

I'd also have to say a Roc cycle feels incomplete without one good beefy Champ USDGC Roc (whatever year one prefers) holding the overstable slot. So Imma disagree there too.

Latest posts