• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Loving Me Some Aftershock

KYdischippy

Birdie Member
So I have been a Comet thrower for awhile now. I love the mold and think it may be the best disc created. However I started playing tournaments this year and find myself nervous to throw it because I fear OAT and it costing me strokes. I know that's what is good about the mold and love it for it, but tourney time is a time to feel confident. So I was looking for a more stable (Discraft) mid that isn't the Buzzz. I don't like the Buzzz because it's so driver like, and I throw a slow fairway (Cyclone) so they overlap.
Finally found the DGA Aftershock (molded by Discraft). I love this disc! It has just the right amount of stability to where I don't feel nervous throwing it, but isn't so stable that it I can't throw it on a straight line. It works nicely as my stable workhorse mid. I will still carry a couple Comets for anny and turnovers, and it fits in nicely below my Wasps. I haven't seen an Aftershock love thread, so am I the only one throwing these beauts?

I tried one out for a week. I liked it but found it too understable and I already had a couple discs that did it's job. Glad you like it. I think DGA needs more love.

Just recently picked up the aftershock! super straight and has nice glide. It has made my bag as my straight to slightly understable mid. I agree it has a more traditional feel than the buzzz not to mention the rad plastic. Proline and SP plastic get no love even though they have good durability and great grip.

Threw an SP Aftershock for awhile...superb disc. Not too overstable, can throw it hard and straight and watch very late fade kick in which just lets it zero in on the basket. It took a Warship to replace it, and only because of more range.

Last edited:
Just recently picked up the aftershock! super straight and has nice glide. It has made my bag as my straight to slightly understable mid. I agree it has a more traditional feel than the buzzz not to mention the rad plastic. Proline and SP plastic get no love even though they have good durability and great grip.

I'm not finding any understability in mine (167 and 169 Proline). Maybe once they beat in. Right now they're just flying dead straight with a small amount of forward fade at the end. What I like is the higher high speed stability than the Comets. And yes I love DGA's plastic! The Proline feels like a grippier star to me. Haven't thrown any Sparkle yet but they are pretty. I would like to get a Sparkle Aftershock for a tick more stability. How are the Shockwaves?

I'm not finding any understability in mine (167 and 169 Proline). Maybe once they beat in. Right now they're just flying dead straight with a small amount of forward fade at the end. What I like is the higher high speed stability than the Comets. And yes I love DGA's plastic! The Proline feels like a grippier star to me. Haven't thrown any Sparkle yet but they are pretty. I would like to get a Sparkle Aftershock for a tick more stability. How are the Shockwaves?

I agree, hardly understable, especially the SP's.

Shockwaves are overstable glideless dogs by comparison, IMO.

So I should stick with Wasps for my overstable mid? I do really like the Ti Wasp.

The Proline Shockwave I tried for awhile was piss poor when it came to glide and carry. Buzz, Pain, Squall, Aftershock, and Wasp all killed it, from my experience.

My Dad swears up and down by the Squall.

I got a buddy who loves the squall too. I can't throw it for poop, but he puts these beautiful bendy S with it. It's a really pretty throw, does it with a Sidewinder too. I can't throw that style, but their are days I wish I could.

I will say this for DGA, their SP plastic is really sweet. Good feel and a very balanced amount of Sparkles.

Haven't throw the riptide but I have and throw a rogue in SP plastic. It is a little gummy but the flight plate isn't floppy at all. Its easy to turn over holds an anhyzer line well especially if you get some height on it and it hyzer flips nicely. It has some low speed stability and a bit of high speed turn, seems to naturally "S-turn". Threw it yesterday while doing field work hyzer flipped it upright to upright on a football field.

The Squall is a nice midrange, but fast. One reason I stopped using it for approach. I like slower approach discs without a big skip. The Squall makes a good tweener driver.

So this should fit between a comet and wasp nicely then? Or would it overlap a ton with either. For arguments sake lets say the wasp and comet are new and fly as they should