• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MA1 for Worlds is FULL!!!

Are you guys still arguing about Paul's rating?

A 996 in Charlotte is as competitive as a 960 in most other places. Let the guy do his thing.

I would imagine there will be at least one AM rated over 1000 by Worlds. Felix Ban is a sick, sick putter for anyone who hasn't played with him. Also, a very cool and respectful guy. I can't wait to play with him again.

Also, DStearns, I would advise you to move up to pro if you do not plan on travelling to play any of the AM1 "majors" (AM Nats/BG/Worlds). I ran the numbers for B and C-tiers in Arizona vs NC vs Illinois and here is what I found.

Average round ratings for winning pro in IL: 1006
Average round ratings for winning pro in NC: 1027
Average round ratings for winning pro in AZ: 996

Average round ratings for last cash pro in IL: 976
Average round ratings for last cash pro in NC: 990
Average round ratings for last cash pro in AZ: 957

I would play Pro too if I lived in Arizona. Good luck cashing in pro events in North Carolina.

(For those who didn't see my earlier thread I used only B and C tier tournaments to get a better sampling of regional/local pro fields and less out-of-state pros.)

Sorry if that came off a bit dickish. I know my sense of humor doesn't always translate well on the internet. Seriously though, I would play Pro if I lived in Arizona.

Also, DStearns, I would advise you to move up to pro if you do not plan on travelling to play any of the AM1 "majors" (AM Nats/BG/Worlds). I ran the numbers for B and C-tiers in Arizona vs NC vs Illinois and here is what I found.

Average round ratings for winning pro in IL: 1006
Average round ratings for winning pro in NC: 1027
Average round ratings for winning pro in AZ: 996

Average round ratings for last cash pro in IL: 976
Average round ratings for last cash pro in AZ: 957

I would play Pro too if I lived in Arizona. Good luck cashing in pro events in North Carolina.

(For those who didn't see my earlier thread I used only B and C tier tournaments to get a better sampling of regional/local pro fields and less out-of-state pros.)

lol so only NC AZ and IL? shiat i believe that last years World Champ is from NORCAL!!

lol another mouthy NC clown.. hrmmm then Avery jenkins also in NORCAL.. when was the last time there was a NC world champ?

That's Mr. Mouthy NC clown to you sir!

I think out of everyone on this forum Stan fits that description the best :p

lol another mouthy NC clown.. hrmmm then Avery jenkins also in NORCAL.. when was the last time there was a NC world champ?

BTW I think Stan was one of the last one's in pro :clap:
Pro Masters

In am we have

David wiggins 2010
Matt Keats 2009
Big Jerm 2008
Jack Schmalfeld 2005
Justin Jernigan 2004
David french 2002

BTW I think Stan was one of the last one's in pro :clap:
Pro Masters

In am we have

David wiggins 2010
Matt Keats 2009
Big Jerm 2008
Jack Schmalfeld 2005
Justin Jernigan 2004
David french 2002

lol you know i gotta do it.. now these Am champs. was there ratings 980 and above? lmfao

lol you know i gotta do it.. now these Am champs. was there ratings 980 and above? lmfao

haha Figured. Think wiggins was but he was a 15 year old kid so idk how anyone could complain they were being beat by a HS freshman.

Sooo, if you play below your rating you will still cash in pro off average? Isn't that evidence to move up?

I don't care if you move up or not but the defense of "hey, if I move up and play ****ty I'll barely cash" doesn't seem to support your cause.

Sooo, if you play below your rating you will still cash in pro off average? Isn't that evidence to move up?

I don't care if you move up or not but the defense of "hey, if I move up and play ****ty I'll barely cash" doesn't seem to support your cause.

I must say this guy makes sense.

Sorry if that came off a bit dickish. I know my sense of humor doesn't always translate well on the internet. Seriously though, I would play Pro if I lived in Arizona.

I never ran the numbers but thats why I moved up. The end of last year I was rated 968 and was the highest rated Am in the state for a while. Now at 975 I can basically expect to cash at every AZ event I play.

Latest posts